What are you listening to?

Scratch what I said there. I wasn’t aware Orphaned Land released a brand new album in January 2018. First song on the album is already amazing and I’m loving the heavier edge they managed to bring back after being distinctly absent from All Is One (except for one song - Fail).

That track is perfection.

1 Like

If I ever have kids I’d seriously consider Finland as an immigration destination.

1 Like

Thanks to discussions in Offbeat…I’m listening to Five:

https://play.google.com/music/m/Tc6s7vdo7oecanht2sox7u5mt6e?t=Keep_On_Movin_-_Five

While I’m creating threads, after a cursory look I’ve realized that it’s 18/1/2018 and there is still no official music thread.

We all know how these work - what kind of music do you like, post your favorite artists, recommendations to like minded members and so on - even post your own creations.

2 Likes

Came here expecting Mew making music or something. Left disappointed :frowning:

I scrobble most of the music that I listen to to Last.fm.

My favourite genres are doom metal (especially funeral) and black metal.

1 Like

/highly approves of metal abundance in music profile

Don’t know if you’re heard Dark Oath yet?

No, I haven’t. Will give them a try a bit later today.

Okay no, listening to them now and it’s not really my cup of tea. In general I don’t like death metal that much. I’ll listen to a couple more songs to see if it’ll grow on me though. :smiley:

Probably one of the best black/gothic metal albums I stumbled across recently on my Youtube music discovery missions.

:frowning:

hehe sorry. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Ghost Brigade? Katatonia? Swallow the Sun?

edit - oh yeah I saw Swallow the Sun on your list.

Hehe yeah I’ve got all 3 on my list.

Swallow the Sun I like but not the other two. People love Katatonia but it doesn’t appeal to me.

Tough crowd… :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha very!

Trust me I am even fussier :stuck_out_tongue: The amount of music I listen to these days are so small its sad - just never have time

I listen to a pretty big variety, but metal and it all it’s variants are my number one choice. I would die if I went the day at work without music.

1 Like