What are you listening to?

So I guess lately I’ve been listening to EDM mixes. Mostly Styline on youtube.

Currently waiting for the release of the new Breaking Benjamin Album

Otherwise I seem to have a loop of just the Stone Sour Albums running.

2 Likes

And one of my all time fav songs by some amazing people

Same soundtrack

Listening to the best music for intense work concentration: Ludovico Einaudi!

1 Like

“Insidious” introduced me to this guy . I would also recommend Alexis Ffrench for background piano vibes.

It’s actually incredible how many shows and videos uses his work as a soundtrack. The moment I listened to most of his albums, I started noticing more and more of his music all over the place.

Many movies and series use outside artists for incidental music, it’s often cheaper and quicker to do that, considering many top tier film and tv composers add $1m + to a budget.

Listening to him now…and I read a bit on about this bloke. Wow, he like a real-life Mozart-esque musical genius!!

I shared a lot of my music tendencies in the hobbies thread, so I won’t repost it all here.

TL;DR: Melodic, progressive or symphonic metal is my choice. The odd black, folk or death metal band also fits in the mold, but I’ve outgrown most extreme metal.

1 Like

I’ve moved from listening to basically only rock and metal to having a more eclectic taste.

Nowadays I’ll listen to:

• classic 70s/80s pop/rock (Queen, Journey, Kansas, Wham!, and everything else Google will queue up with its magical playlist feature)
  • indie pop/rock, with even some electropop thrown in if it’s good enough
  • symphonic metal
  • kids heavy metal (look up Heavisaurus)
  • various kinds folk metal (with Japanese being my current favourite)
  • good ol’ female-fronted symphonic metal
  • industrial rock (Skillet)
  • jazz
  • classical, including more contemporary classical stuff like Lindsey Stirling.

i cant get enough of Breaking Benjamin’s new album at the moment
love love love the first single they released.

2 Likes

I’ve listened to the single numerous times, and it is indeed fantastic. Is the full album released however? I haven’t seen anything.

no it hasnt been released yet i meant the singles…

Ek kan self nie wag. This album sounds amazing so far.

1 Like

After coming up with my list for the top TV shows topic, I’m now all nostalgic and listening to this.

Best cover of All Along the Watchtower to-date. Even better than Jimi Hendrix’s.

1 Like

Google mixed Three Days Grace into my auto-radio mix recently, so I listened to Human from start to finish for the first time. What an album. They also have some new singles out this year.

https://play.google.com/music/m/Blvdlyru62r5dk5scpdkvy5tkmm?t=Human_-_Three_Days_Grace

Listening to the new Breaking Benjamin singles as well. Here’s Feed the Wolf on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/music/m/Bocdpbrdnebme3ywbuol2aqdqkq?t=Feed_the_Wolf_-_Breaking_Benjamin

(Looks like Discourse’s Onebox doesn’t like these links for some reason.)

2 Likes

Carlos Nakai: North and South native American music

In the mood for something different

I love her voice, this is someone who I would love to go see live.

1 Like