What are you playing now?

Playing some BF 2042

Escape From Tarkov, got my first player kill the other day (put it on youtube) One guy that killed my entire squad, I then lied on the ground completely still for around 15min, waiting for him to show himself.

Now downloading Shadow of Mordor, played it a long time ago, and never finished it.

4 Likes

I used to play Tarkov, but now I cannot play with Nosferatie in the UK… My ping is too high and they flat out refuse to let us play together… Because thats easier than fixing their net code …

2 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Even took my hand of my mouse so I would not accidentally move or click

2 Likes

Star Citizen! What a game. Amazing how much you can do even in alpha.

2 Likes

That’s what I said! As janky and buggy as it is, and despite the sometimes seemingly glacial pace, the whole process and project still fascinates me and still has me totally hooked.

With your new CPU you must be getting reasonable (in context of course!) performance. The upcoming patch 3.18 should bring a few more graphics optimizations that’ll help reduce the GPU strain. How’s the slow internet speed impacting you though?

Do we have your citizen handle in the Star Citizen topic? Post it there if you haven’t, and want to of course, and I’ll add your details to the master list.

1 Like

Its playing great at max settings ;-). I will add my details to the SC list.

2 Likes

I finished Amnesia: Rebirth and it was disappointing really. I loved the original Amnesia and SOMA by the same developers but even though Rebirth got good reviews, it just felt boring really. Not something one would expect from a horror game.

Next up is Immortals Fenyx Rising.

3 Likes

Still not available on Steam or on Epic Games, so it looks like there’s a weird issue with the PC version for us. It is available on Xbox and PlayStation with the Xbox page showing the FPB rating, so it can’t be that.

Either way, it’s ludicrously priced even on console - R1339 for the “Enhanced Edition” even though you can’t buy the base game separately for cheaper. Add to that a R900 Season Pass and a Premium Currency cash shop as well, and things are looking shaky for Saffer shoppers. :frowning_face: And all that in a Single Player game? Weird. And wrong.

ETA -
Weird still, on Epic it’s being advertised on the main page carousel with a “starting at” price of R1429 - the same as the Xbox Digital+ Edition. But when you click on that it takes you to the “This content is currently unavailable in your platform or region.” message. So even if it is just a licensing or regional issue, if and when it gets released for PC, the PC pricing for us looks to be the same ridiculousness as the console levels.

2 Likes

Its up on steam but what a mess. R1k + more for season pass + denuvo based performance issues. Sadly both games I was looking forward to in this release window is a no for me, awaiting sales. Now to look forward to High on life AND it is on game pass, yeay!

2 Likes

I’ve given the Factorio Demo a shot.

2 Likes

GoW Ragnarok, Bayo 3 and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. Still doing some OW2 on occasion as well.

3 Likes

I did it. I got news of a little end year bonus and I dropped the R1k to buy the game, denuvo + performance issues aside. I know, probably premature but hey. I like the look of the combat mechanics. As for the other half of the game? I think I will have to change my whole mindset about what a “game” is for that part, hanging out in a book club in real time with superheroes? It will be an interesting experiment. I will let you know once the 50gig is downloaded at 500b/s through multiple loadsheddings, probably only another 4 days :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:grinning: Happy for you! It’s getting solid reviews despite the hiccups and price. Hope your download gets done by the weekend for you at least - I see we’re back to Stage 4 load shedding though :frowning:

1 Like

Xbox
Far Cry 5

PS
TMNT Cowabunga Collection

1 Like

Midnight suns is good, very good. As long as you make the decision to play a different kind of game, a slower game where characters interact with each other in a social space outside of combat, it is a great game.

The combat is a much more cerebral exercise than I thought it was going to be, very much like xcom in many ways, lots to consider.

Very glad I got it, will be playing it for a very long time.

4 Likes

NOOOO! Just took me 4 days to download and start playing and now a 25 gig patch. DAMMIT.

2 Likes

PC
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Fortnite

Xbox
Elden Ring

PSP
GTA Chinatown Wars
Puzzle Quest

PS3
MGS 3

Switch
Persona 5 Royal

3 Likes

I started watching Northernlion play it and it looks very polished and tight. I am liking what I am seeing this far.

1 Like

I might just be addicted to the Factorio demo. How can you be addicted to a demo?

3 Likes