What are you playing now?

I thought about Demon’s Souls but then Dark Souls was the one that made it famous. Also Demon’s Souls is an exclusive so @Viper can’t play it. :smile:

1 Like

That’s debatable. If there was no Demon’s Souls there would be no Dark Souls. Also Demon’s Souls was only released in Japan but the game became so popular (famous) that it went to the rest of the world. But we can actually go back even further to King’s Field which some people swear is the origin of the series.

Either way, if he has a PC he can play it with very little hassle.

RCP3 is actually in a pretty good state right now and Demon’s Souls runs better using it than on PS3.

2 Likes

Ah cool, I must try that.

1 Like

I have not. From what I’ve heard, it is extremely difficult and constantly dying isn’t really my thing. I do have Dark Souls here somewhere in one of my libraries though.

3 Likes

Currently playing Plague Tale. Should be almost finished with it and though I wouldn’t usually choose a game like this, this is surprisingly good.

I’m also trying Mutant Year Zero. I quite like it (after XCom, I’m more open to turn-based games), but it is buggy as hell. Crashes to desktop a lot. I’ll give it another go after Plague Tale.

3 Likes

If you don’t like dying then you probably won’t like The Surge 2 since it follows the same soulslike formula where you die a lot but it’s part of the progress. Hmmm I do find it a lot easier than the Dark Souls games though so it may be a nice entry point.

I really wanted to like Mutant Year Zero but played it about a third or so in and decided it’s not for me.

1 Like

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan (XBox One)
F1 2020 (PC)
Far Cry 4 (PC)
Darkwood (Switch)

1 Like

How is Man of Medan? I’m not a horror fan at all but I quite enjoyed Until Dawn which is from the same dev if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Don’t know yet. :slight_smile: Going to play it tomorrow. So happy that it’s a public holiday.

2 Likes

What??? Tomorrow is a public holiday? I was just about to start working again. Guess I lost track since everybody is quarantined at home with me.
Continuing with Mutant Year Zero then.

4 Likes

I’m working on this wonderful public holiday, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be gaming. Will be playing Thronebreaker and/or Xenoblade Chronicles at work.

4 Likes

I started and finished Man of Medan and I enjoyed it. It’s not super awesome but it’s a nice short little game and I like horror games and I like adventure games and this ticks both boxes. It’s not scary at all though.

Next up on the XBox is Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

4 Likes

Finished Mutant Year Zero.
I thought it was ok, I liked it. Just the CTD bugs were a mission.

Tried some Elex and not sure I like it. It reminds me of the RPG parodies on Facebook.

I’ll maybe try Halo or Gears this coming weeked, but it is a bit of a mission playing in front of the PC with Covid and I can’t play shooters with a controller. Will see how I feel by then. Otherwise I’ll give Bard’s Tale 4 a try on controller.

3 Likes

How’s that going?

3 Likes

I’m playing with idea of setting up a schedule of when to play which games, lol. Much like we used to watch TV shows back in the day at a set time and day. I just have too much that I wanna play. I mean I have PC games, PS4 games, Xbox one games and Switch games to get around to. I’m just scared it will then start to feel like a chore and I’ll lose interest in what I’m playing. Will see though. I kind of already do this with Sundays where I play only soulslikes (for the most part).

I play with a schedule of sorts but change it as I see fit.

Currently I play XBox over weekends (mostly Sundays since Saturdays are so filled with sport). I try and play a pc game for at least an hour every evening. Currently it’s an hour F1 2020 and then some Far Cry 4 afterwards.

Gwent gets priority though so I make sure I log in and play a couple of Gwent games every day.

1 Like

Yeah at the moment what I’m trying is to play a console game (either PS4 or Xbox one) for an hour or two in the morning before I go to work (I start working at 14:00) and then an hour or so of PC when I get home.

Switch games I mostly play when sitting at work doing nothing at all. On my off days I play whatever I feel like.

I do want to try playing Witcher 3 on Wednesday evenings at work and then Thursdays (when I work morning shift) after work in the afternoon.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Just tired a lot (so I’m somewhat unproductive at work). I don’t have it that bad though (feels like normal flu). I did lose my sense of smell eventually, but that helps for better tolerating the morning nappies (of one in particular).

2 Likes

Oh wow, do those get worse the closer you get to 2 years old and start preparing for potty training! Our boy is turning 2 this week and I have full appreciation of parents making it through the “terrible twos”. He has an incredibly strong will of his own and a temper of note. Everything is an unquestionable “no”. Ask him anything and it’s “no”, often even without completing the question! That will often be followed by some frustrated screams, hitting himself or throwing anything within arm’s reach.

…and the funny thing is, even though we’re Afrikaans in the house, he doesn’t say “nee”. Everything is “no”, with a straight face. He picks up both Afrikaans and English words quickly though, and already knows several words in both English and Afrikaans for the same thing or action.

Despite all this, I wouldn’t trade him or the difficult times for the world. You forget about a tantrum and fight almost immediately and can’t help hugging and kissing them again moments later.

4 Likes

You might want to reconsider doing this so soon after an episode.

2 Likes