What are you playing now?

so ive shaken things up a bit…

sniper elite 3
VALA
This war of mine
and on mobile im playing Best Fiends

Last week I finished Hollow Knight, what an awesome game! It is still haunting my thoughts. I think I now understand how people love Darks Souls - Hollow Knight shares a great deal of similarities with DS despite it’s 2D metroidvania gameplay. I love the hinted at lore and half-told stories, I love the satisfaction of beating a tough boss, I love the sense of discovery as you try to figure out the mysterious world of Hallownest.

Currently playing:
VALA (this game seems to get more enjoyable the more I play it - still have to beat the first area though)
Titan Souls - I guess I wanted more boss fight punishment, quite a fun game.

You should try Apotheon if you want boss battles. You end up fighting lots of Greek gods and mythological creatures. It’s also a metroidvania-lite, with some RPG mechanics (armour, weapons, skills upgrades) thrown into the mix.

Just finished Homefront: The Revolution. What an awful game. Ugh!

Yeah, Homefront wasn’t too good.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll try grab it in the next sale!

just played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons today, good little game goes to show what a powerful effect a game can have with a simple story and good mechanics in a short period.

2 Likes

You mean Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons? If you do then wow that was a sad game.

indeed, let me amend that to make it more clear, sad yes but very good for what it is.

1 Like

Yeah. Great little game. Sad. Especially that one part. You probably know which one I mean.

1 Like

Played about 30 minutes of Brothers: A tale of two sons. Think I should finish it.
Busy with The Room 2. Quite challenging, enjoying it.

took me 2 hours, its short but worth it, was having a meh day and just decided to give it a try, glad i did

1 Like

Awesome. I can do short games. The biggest reason for not playing pretty much anything is because it takes too long to finish :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Edge of Nowhere (Oculus, though I haven’t played in a while)
Pillars of Eternity (PC)
Max Payne 3 (PC)
Don’t Starve Together (PC)
Dishonored 2 (XBox)

1 Like

Still on Horizon Zero Dawn. Only now made it out of the starting area and I immediately got that same overwhelming sense of awe I got when leaving White Chapel in Witcher 3. Seeing (and climbing) my first long neck was a magnificent experience. 7.5 hours in and it seems the game is only starting now!

2 Likes

I decided to buy Opus Magnum the other day. It’s not on special but the pricing for South Africa (R130) is a lot cheaper than most other places at $20 (only Russia is cheaper). So I figured they deserved a purchase. The game is great, a real brain challenger and it’s really satisfying when you come up with a efficient solution to the alchemical combination.

e.g.

Also playing: Max Payne 3, Titan Souls, a bit of PUBG and the usual CS:GO

1 Like

The very first DLC for Kerbal Space Program launched, so I’ve been playing that a bit. Every now and then I start playing that game and the hours just fly by. Also playing some Stardew Valley on the Switch. Seriously, Stardew Valley was made for the Switch.

2 Likes

I’d still like to get a Switch one day, but with a baby on the way funds are extremely limited at the moment!

1 Like

Decided to continue with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Been playing for the past week now. Its not a game I would buy but I am enjoying it. Took me a while to get into though.

1 Like

Oh noes! You missed our MyGame cough Game Club when we played it.