What are your Steam Spring Clean games?

Continuing the discussion from Steam's Spring Cleaning Event:

Thought it might be cool to share what some of your achievement games are.

Also remember that if you’re going to be doing the Steam Spring Clean event, you can do the Most Epic One Hour Challenge at the same time!

Here’s mine:

Achievement Description Games
"BLAST FROM THE PAST" Play the first game you added to your Steam account) Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.
"ANOTHER CHANCE" Play a game that you’ve spent less than an hour playing Closure, Thoth, Loadout, Dear Esther, Cosmochoria
"TRUSTED ADVISOR" Play a game that a curator you follow has recommended Sunless Sea, Grey Goo, Warframe (This one is easy)
"TRUSTED FRIEND" Play a game recommended by a friend Bastion, Bioshock Infinite, Stardew Valley, Path of Exile
"CAN’T WAIT" Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months VALA, Phoning Home, Prime Mover
"NOSTALGIA" Play a game you’ve played more than 2 hours of, but haven’t played in a while Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (done!), Gunpoint, Human Resource Machine, Left4Dead, Hacknet
2 Likes
"BLAST FROM THE PAST" Play the first game you added to your Steam account) Dirt 2
"ANOTHER CHANCE" Play a game that you’ve spent less than an hour playing NightSky, Stronghold Crusader HD, Back to the Future: The Game, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, machinarium, Civilization IV: Colonization, Company of Heros 2, Back to Bed, Serious Sam, Alice: Madness Returns, X3: Reunion, Dark Messiah: Might and Magic Multiplayer, Heros of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East, Full Spectrum Warrior, X-Com: Apocalypse
"TRUSTED ADVISOR" Play a game that a curator you follow has recommended Stellaris, EVE Online, Psychonauts, Inside, Bioshock 2, XCOM 2, Stardew Valley, Rayman Origins, etc… Too many
"TRUSTED FRIEND" Play a game recommended by a friend Bastion, Bioshock Infinite, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Borderlands, Portal 2, Just Cause 2, Terraria, Torchlight II, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Spec Ops: The Line, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Magicka, Jamestown, AudioSurf, Assassin’s Creed II
"CAN’T WAIT" Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months Killer is Dead, Project Cars, Kingdom: New lands, Kingdom: Nothing Lasts, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Transistor, F1 2015, Unreal Gold, Plague Inc Evolved, Layers of Fear, Oxygen Not Included, Gold with your Friends, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Hexcells, Eador: Masters of the Brocken Owlrld, The flame in the flood
"NOSTALGIA" Play a game you’ve played more than 2 hours of, but haven’t played in a while Hotline: Miami, Kerbal Space Program, Saints Row the Third, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Killing Floor, Defense Grid, Path of Exile, Alan Wake, Rouge Legacy, Devil May Cry 4, Battlefield Bad Company 2, World of Goo, Fate of the World, Atom Zombie Smasher, Civilisation V, Europa Universalis III, Towns, Wasteland 2, Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition, Portal 2, Counterstrike Source, Grand Theft Auto IV, Darksiders Warmastered Edition, Cities in Motion 2
1 Like

how do you do that fancy list?

Wil ek ook weet cos my copy pasta skills failed me

Code for the fancy list:

Achievement             | Description | Games
----------------------- | ----------- | -----
**BLAST FROM THE PAST** | Play the first game you added to your Steam account) | list_of_games
**ANOTHER CHANCE**      | Play a game that you've spent less than an hour playing | list_of_games
**TRUSTED ADVISOR**     | Play a game that a curator you follow has recommended | list_of_games
**TRUSTED FRIEND**      | Play a game recommended by a friend | list_of_games
**CAN'T WAIT**          | Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months | list_of_games
**NOSTALGIA**           | Play a game you've played more than 2 hours of, but haven't played in a while | list_of_games

P.S. I’ve spaced out the first column so you can see what the Markdown code is supposed to read like, but the spacing isn’t actually important (except for readability when not formatted as HTML). Discourse doesn’t use a single-spaced font for its post composing interface, so the spacing of unformatted text is completely irrelevant. I’ve literally only done it so you can see what I’m doing.

1 Like

Dankie Jan - I will see if I get time to do it.

1 Like
BLAST FROM THE PAST Play the first game you added to your Steam account) RACE - The WTCC Game
ANOTHER CHANCE Play a game that you’ve spent less than an hour playing Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, X-COM: Apocalypse, DiRT Showdown, To the Moon, Skullgirls ∞Endless Beta∞, Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can, Antichamber, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, Starseed Pilgrim, Guacamelee!, Super Turbo Championship Edition, Odallus: The Dark Call, Deceit, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
TRUSTED ADVISOR Play a game that a curator you follow has recommended Psychonauts, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Enter the Gungeon, Door Kickers, BioShock® 2, XCOM® 2, Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, Far Cry 3, Stardew Valley, Cave Story+, Warframe, Life is Strange - Episode 1, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Cthulhu Saves the World, Company of Heroes - Legacy Edition, Shadowrun Returns, Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition, The Swapper, Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine Enchanted Edition, Skullgirls, Torchlight II, Guacamelee!, Super Turbo Championship Edition, Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Transistor, Prison Architect, Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut, Killing Floor 2, Pillars of Eternity, Cities: Skylines, Ori and the Blind Forest, Terraria, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, BattleBlock Theater®, BioShock Infinite, South Park™: The Stick of Truth™, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE, Dota 2, World of Goo, Antichamber, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Fallout: New Vegas, Hotline Miami, Saints Row V, The Stanley Parable, IV
TRUSTED FRIEND Play a game recommended by a friend Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Magicka, Portal 2, Borderlands, Killing Floor 2, Orcs Must Die!, The Walking Dead, Terraria, Borderlands 2, Loadout, BioShock Infinite, Sid Meier’s Civilization® V, Killing Floor, Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising
CAN’T WAIT Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm Up, PC Gamer, Steam for Linux, MINERVA. Half-Life: Before, Tumblestone, Rampage Knights, Besiege, The Bug Butcher, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander, Orcs Must Die! Unchained, Oxygen Not Included, Deceit, Octogeddon, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander (LIGHTSPEED EDITION), Sky Force Reloaded
NOSTALGIA Play a game you’ve played more than 2 hours of, but haven’t played in a while STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™, The Cat Lady, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot, Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent’s Curse, Iron Grip: Warlord, Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Hotline Miami, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine, Garry’s Mod, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, DeathSpank, A Druid’s Duel, Fallout: New Vegas, Cities: Skylines, Atom Zombie Smasher, Portal, Super Meat Boy, Plague Inc: Evolved, Killing Floor, Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, Torchlight
2 Likes

I think that is a fail?

Thanks @SIGSTART

2 Likes

Fixed it, I think. There were random pipes all over the place instead of commas, and the reply notation (>) broke things. The games in the Trusted Advisor list also looped like three times, so I culled it where it seemed to start looping.

1 Like

I’ve highlighted the game that I got the trophy with in each case so far. Some of my “played” games were the result of card idling, but for the most part it is accurate.

BLAST FROM THE PAST Play the first game you added to your Steam account) Half-life 2, Half-life 2 Deathmatch, Half-life 2 Lost Coast, Half-life Deathmatch, Half-life 2: episode 1; Half-life 2: Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2
ANOTHER CHANCE Play a game that you’ve spent less than an hour playing Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, F.E.A.R 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Tank Universal, Sam & Max: They stole Max’s brain, The Guild 2, Ironclads: Schleswig War 1864, Sega Bass Fishing, Sonic Adventure DX, Capsized, Breath of Death VII, Galactic Civilisations I, East India Company, 8bit Boy, Quantum Break, Chicken Labyrinth Puzzles
TRUSTED ADVISOR Play a game that a curator you follow has recommended Far too many to list - PUBG
TRUSTED FRIEND Play a game recommended by a friend CS:GO, Spec Ops: The Line, Dota 2, Brothers, Terraria, Skyrim, Borderlands 2, The Walking Dead, Bastion, Bioshock Infinite, Tropico 4, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Magicka, Jamestown, PUBG
CAN’T WAIT Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months Team Fortress 2, Synergy, The Path, Darkness 2, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Getting Over It, Satellite Reign, Mini Metro, Hacknet, Riaaf the Spider, The Norwood Suite, Radical Heights, VALA (Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse)
NOSTALGIA Play a game you’ve played more than 2 hours of, but haven’t played in a while Fractured Space, Valkyria Chronicles, Borderlands 2, Eets Munchies, The 39 Steps, 16-bit Trader, Runner 2, The Blue Flamingo, X-Blades, Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light, Torchlight, The Typing of the Dead, Knights of Pen and Paper +1, Godmode, Hot Lead, Cthulu Saves the World, Citizens of the Earth, Septerra Core, Awesomenauts, Dota 2, Castle Crashers, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Europa Universalis III, Red Orchestra 2
2 Likes

I fired up Machinarium for one of my daily tasks and then ended up playing it until 2:30am this morning! I’ve played it before but so long ago that I’ve forgotten the solutions to the puzzles. It’s a still a brilliant little point and click adventure that conveys so much without using words. I’m definitely going to be completing it again.

2 Likes

I’m downloading Dirt 2 just so I can get Blast from the past. Pity I missed all the day 1 spring cleaning tasks.

2 Likes

Same here. Only jumped in yesterday and promptly finished of all projects and tasks.

1 Like
BLAST FROM THE PAST Play the first game you added to your Steam account) Saints Row 2
ANOTHER CHANCE Play a game that you’ve spent less than an hour playing Half-Life Deathmatch, Portal, Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Condemned Criminal Origins, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, SEGA Megadrive Classics, Syberia II, Amnesia The Dark Descent, Skullgirls, Etherlords II, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Learn Japanese to Survive, Paladins
TRUSTED ADVISOR Play a game that a curator you follow has recommended Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Shadow of Mordor, Warframe, Skullgirls, Dead Rising 3, Spec Ops The Line, Grim Dawn, Hotline Miami, State of Decay, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Darkness II, Dishonored, Tomb Raider
TRUSTED FRIEND Play a game recommended by a friend Skyrim, Portal 2, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Warframe, Grim Dawn, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Torchlight II, Dota 2, Terraria, Binding of Isaac, Left 4 Dead 2, Lords of the Fallen, Life is Strange, Spec Ops The Line, Fallout New Vegas
CAN’T WAIT Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Risen, Homefront, Skullgirls, Risen 3, Killer is Dead, The Surge, ELEX, God Eater 2, Conan Exiles, God Eater Resurrection, Nioh, Radical Heights
NOSTALGIA Play a game you’ve played more than 2 hours of, but haven’t played in a while Saints Row 2, Fallout New Vegas, Dungeon Siege III, Dungeon Siege II, Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, The Darkness II, [PROTOTYPE2], Orcs Must Die 2, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Batman Arkham Origins, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Dark Souls II, Out There Somewhere, Evolve, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

I probably won’t get the Blast From the Past one as I don’t have Saints Row 2 installed and I don’t have data to download it.

4 Likes

I didn’t even have time to look at this over the weekend, so I’m still not sure what it is. Shitty weekend was shit.

2 Likes

Remember young Blazzok… A shitty weekend… is still better than a week at work…

3 Likes

What if your weekend was shitty because most of it you were at work?

1 Like

Look at Wyvern go!

2 Likes

Hehehe I had time this weekend, I just installed the small games to get the achievement - def will be playing Lili and the long dark soon I hope. Also Hero Siege! I want a Mewme night with Hero Siege!