What are your strange and bizarre flavour pairings?

You know, the typical things that you enjoy that others generally wouldn’t, or that just don’t make sense but you love it anyway. E.g. french fries and milkshake

To start things off, while not completely bizarre, a flavour profile I love is marmite and sliced tomato on toast.

What are yours?

3 Likes

I wish South Africa had the Wendy’s fast food chain. They have these frozen malts called Frosties. People love dipping their fries in them.

I’m just trying to think what else I’ve done… I once did mac and cheese on toaster waffles…

3 Likes

Slice an avo, remove the pit and pour vinegar into the hole, enjoy with a spoon!

2 Likes

I don’t do it often but sometimes I’ll forget I spread garlic on toast rye and then add jam over that.

3 Likes

French fries dipped in strawberry jam

Vanilla yogurt with a teaspoon of cocoa, tablespoon of peanut butter, stirred vigorously.

Wholewheat bread slices cooked 5 min a side at 200c in an air fryer, cut into rusk sized fingers and dipped in cold cocoa.

3 Likes

Sandwich with spreads applied in the following order:

butter → peanut butter → bovril/marmite → golden/maple syrup

Interestingly, I see a lot of us like savory or salty and sweet together.

EDIT: I forgot a step

3 Likes

YASSS! Marmite and syrup is amazing!

Does anyone else have sardines and condensed milk?

2 Likes

Wow, that is pretty out there :wink:

3 Likes

SArdines and strawberry jam
Marmite and strawberry jam
biltong and apricot jam

I have a theme…

Garlic with just about anything - especially pickled garlic in salads and wraps

4 Likes

I’ve got a garlic maple marinade that is pretty danged awesome.

I put garlic salt on a slice of toast with peanut butter before too, that was pretty good.

3 Likes

Well there goes my appetite… My most extreme is sour jelly beans with chocolate.

4 Likes

One of my all time favourite combos on a roll since I was a kid is tuna mayo, tomato and cheese.

I had it so often I called it “the usual” when my mom asked what I’d like for lunch :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Where’s the pineapple on pizza crowd?

2 Likes

I never admit it out loud :stuck_out_tongue: You lot judge me too hard

@murfle I put garlic salt on a slice of toast - I would do that without the peanut butter

1 Like

Here I am… Pineapple on pizza is mandatory or I’ll pass. If it is a Hawaiian, then also add banana.

Other combination I love is melted cheddar cheese and All Gold tomato sauce. Either on bread, but preferably on macaroni. Must be melted together and eat while warm. Other than this, I never touch All Gold tomato sauce.

3 Likes

I had a baconana pizza with a buddy of mine once. We both agreed it wasn’t bad, but we wouldn’t order it again.

2 Likes

Came across this one earlier today.

3 Likes

Bacon and banana toasted sandwiches!

ER. MA. GURD.

:drooling_face:

1 Like

The most bitter IPA you’ve ever tasted, and I mean like, more bitter than your ex. Pair it with mango atchar on saltycrax.

1 Like

That actually sounds really good.

1 Like