What are your weekend plans

is it really? i thought it wasn’t really a recognised public holiday.

I’m now happy.

2 Likes

What’s to consider? Just make the waffles!

3 Likes

Games and sleep

1 Like

I need to steal mums waffle maker. But yes we want waffles, I want to chicken waffles.

2 Likes

I’ll give you one, we never use it.

Want to get a snackwitch maker though.

1 Like

There’s a restaurant in Table Bay mall (across Mugg & Bean) that makes the most divine chicken & waffles breakfast. Make sure to ask for a soft poached egg with that, as it rounds off the meal perfectly.

2 Likes

Awesome place around Big Bay too. Some of the most amazing waffles I’ve had, next to The Waffle House (Ramsgate).

See I never used the snackwich maker, I either make them in the oven all at once like braaibroodjies or one by one in a pan.

We share the waffle maker with mum, she makes a batch and then we do it, stick them in the freezer and warm them up when needed.

I definitely will make a plan next month.

I just make normal waffles, and make flattened chicken breast dunked in flour, egg and then the southern coating crumbs

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that waffle place in Eden! Had a meal there once as well. But if I ever go there (which is never these days) I just go to Saints. Best burgers ever.

2 Likes

Gonna be doing some falling in Fall Guys

Fitting new tyres on my wife’s car courtesy of the the tax man.

Also planning to take the family to walk around at the Walter Sisulu Botinical Gardens

1 Like

Had some massive laughs with my son while checking this out last night. Could be fun but seems like it won’t hold my interest too long.

1 Like

I still need to do chicken and waffles one of these days…

Although fried chicken is off the table for now. I gotta get rid of this quarantine gut I’ve put on…

1 Like

Ya it’s perfect for those short breaks when you just want to relax and have some fun.

1 Like

Tax man has been very gracious yes. Wife got a good payout and I’m due for a very good payout thanks to our rental income, which is more a rental loss due to interest, levies, maintenance, etc… After understanding well enough how rental income and the declaration thereof works, my usual break-even for ended up being almost a 13th and 14th cheque scenario this year!

Don’t even mention it. I’ve put on a terrible 8kg the past 4 months! :scream:

3 Likes

Were you auto-assessed? I have gotten nothing yet.

Wife was auto assessed, but I had to add in medical expenses for the year. After I submitted to SARS, it was roughly 3 days until the payment reflected. I haven’t submitted my own return yet, as I’m still finalising my rental income / loss declaration. The calculation results for that is out of this world though… Hence me seeking advice from our company accountant first.

We were both auto-assessed. I edited both though - I’d recommend everyone do that as the auto-assessment seems to give you the bare minimum in rebates.

I was not auto-assessed and just noticed when logging into efiling that I got a return. Yeay! Looks like it will be a nice and generous year from SARS.

1 Like

I’m at or above that myself… I’m too afraid to step on the scale.

So it was buttermilk waffles, I definately want a belgian waffle maker - this one is great for normal ones, these flopped a little, I suspect it was my baking powder that was to old

4 Likes