What's for dinner

Funny you said taco…

And sriracha…

I know what I’m doing for dinner tonight!

1 Like

So today I got some new ingredients and did this for tonight’s din-din. This time I made some steakhouse style mushrooms, fried in butter with garlic and rosemary.

We had a candle light dinner as a family.

3 Likes

Shredded chicken tacos with home made corn tortillas.

Can confirm, this stuff is legit

Grabbed a bag from yuppie chef when I ordered my new pestle and mortar.

I’m kinda sad it’s taking on the smell of the fridge though. When I got the bag fresh, I stood there smelling it for a few minutes.

2 Likes

Put it in a better sealing container?

2 Likes

I’ll probably do that, thanks!

1 Like

I made what we call special porridge, cos it always makes you feel better once you’ve had some. This in question in none other than Melk Kos.

I decided to follow a recipe for change and after referencing a few they all followed the same basic ingredients and methods, to my surprise they all add the flour once the milk is hot. This results in a more lumpy, sago like, texture.

Next time I’ll trust my gut. I mean it still tastes great but it’s like eating snot. I follow more of a bechemel method.

3 Likes

Use condensed milk next time.

Trust me.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, why you do dis.

2 Likes

Risotto with bacon sausage, freshly picked spinach…

2 Likes

I saw a simple enough YouTube video on a recipe I would like to try, so I did. I did however change it up a bit and put my own flair on to it.

Basically, chicken fillet with a cream base sauce, rice, glazed carrots and garlic butter baby tates.

4 Likes

I love this time of year when I get to experiment with soups. Sunday evening had me making a minestrone soup, it kept us warm for two nights.

Tonight I made a potato and leek soup :stew:

2 Likes

Tonight I made a potato and leek soup, and man oh man, it was so good. I was really really chuffed with how this came out. I didn’t have any cream so I just used full cream milk.

Topped it off with some sharp cheddar as didn’t have parsley or chives.

2 Likes

Home-made bagel-burger with a spicy mayo dressing, egg and cheese. And creamy mushroom sauce.

4 Likes

I made my first chowder yesterday, I couldn’t find clams and wasn’t sure if I should substitute muscles so I decided to rather play it safe and made a Corn and Cheese chowder.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Making an oxtail stew for dinner, just fried the meat, then added onions and garlic cloves with some herbs and spices and pepper. Added a packet of oxtail soup, and set to slow cook on the stove. So that its ready for dinner tonight.

I should add, will add carrots, potatoes and gem squashes to it towards the end that it will cook in all together. Gotta love one pot dinners, we decided against rice with the stew just potatoes

3 Likes

I made some chilli con carne on fluffy rice for supper tonight

4 Likes

Basil pesto gnocchi for lunch

3 Likes

Pretty chuffed with myself for this one.

• Cinnamon Honey Butter Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Nuts
  • Garlic Butter Fried Broccolini
  • Honey-Soy-Garlic Pork Ribeye
5 Likes

Another one I’m quite stoked about, though I think the colour was a bit too red than orange. Regardless, my first-ever attempt at making a butter chicken turned out to be rather frikken delicious, albeit a bit on the spicy side.

4 Likes