What's for dinner

Creamy risotto, with bacon, bacon and cheese sausage, mushrooms, tonnes of garlic, baby peas, a little mature cheddar and half a cup of cream.

1 Like

I don’t have a photo yet, but made a tomato soup that is bubbling away on the stove now

So 2kgs of fresh tomatoes, 2 packets of tomato puree, 1 big onion, half a clove of garlic, 2 blocks of knorr chicken stock, about 1/2 a kettle of water.

I just rinsed and diced the tomatoes, roughly chopped the onion, the garlic I just took the peels off and threw it all in a pot and fried it till it was nice and warm, then added the puree, the stock and the water just enough to cover it all. I was lazy I didn’t bother to peel the tomatoes at all.

Boiled it all together, then blended it, added salt pepper sugar and sweet basil to taste. and left it on the stove to bubble for about 30mins.

First braai since moving into our new digs, just a few marinated lamb chops, patat slaai and cheesy garlic bread.

2 Likes

I tried a pack of these

Spar finally got them in my area. Quite expensive, so it’s probably a once off. Being winter, my tolerance is down since I can’t eat fresh chillies any more, and while I can’t say I personally find them hot, I had a constant stream of tears running down my face.

So anyone who might get me for a secret santa, I’ve got my eye on these
https://www.takealot.com/samyang-hot-chicken-noodle-3x-extreme/PLID72470056

2 Likes

I made some cheesy macaroni beef.

2 Likes

So I made a run to the Chinese market again.
And I also picked up some dumplings from my favourite store (Im lucky my spar stocks most of their goodies)

The two rolls are noodles - 2kgs for R100 buckwheat noodles - we use them for everything including spaghetti.
The tins are wasabi peanuts and coffee flavoured peanuts. Then some spring rolls, and my all time favourite sweet - konjac jellies!
We made dumplings for dinner on sat:

And a soya and sesame oil dipping sauce with homebao’s mix of spring onions, garlic and ginger in the soya sauce. And yes I use kids/training chopsticks because my right hand cannot manipulate chopsticks properly.

1 Like

2 Likes

Please tell me those are lamb tjops! Maak my nou lus.

Beef steak! Paired with some grilled mealies, garlic bread and some red wine :drooling_face:

It was delicious

1 Like

Bliksem that sounds amazing! Nice job yo.

I went to a place called Anatoli Turkish Restaurant on Thursday night with my wife for a company team dinner. It was the first time we’ve been kid-free in 2+ years. It was magnificent.

1 Like

Im busy making a marrow bone, butternut and carrot soup, later this week a potato and lamb soup. Plus we made a batch of mushroom soup as well last night

3 Likes

Sounds delicious, I must get a new blender as it’s nearing the time to start making soups again.

I was going to make a nice beefy mince shortcrust pie for supper only to realise (after making the mince) that the power would be going off in 18 minutes. Thankfully I hadn’t made the pastry yet. So we settled for mince on toast.

3 Likes

It came out so good, really impressed. We make garlic bread and toast it in the pan, and eat that with the soup.

Cant wait to make the potato soup either

1 Like

Soup must be had with French with salted butter.

Potato and leek I hope?

3 Likes

Cant find leeks, so potato with some stewing lamb, onion and garlic

2 Likes

Last night’s dinner:

*I didn’t cook this. My sister and her husband did.

3 Likes

Yesterday we had crispy fish cakes with a “salad taco” - a big crispy salad leaf filled with salad fillings. I had a sriracha dressing on, which made the whole meal divine.

3 Likes

Funny you said taco…

And sriracha…

I know what I’m doing for dinner tonight!

1 Like

So today I got some new ingredients and did this for tonight’s din-din. This time I made some steakhouse style mushrooms, fried in butter with garlic and rosemary.

We had a candle light dinner as a family.

3 Likes

Shredded chicken tacos with home made corn tortillas.

Can confirm, this stuff is legit

Grabbed a bag from yuppie chef when I ordered my new pestle and mortar.

I’m kinda sad it’s taking on the smell of the fridge though. When I got the bag fresh, I stood there smelling it for a few minutes.

2 Likes