What Gaming Services/Subscriptions are you signed up to?

So all the nice things I said about Microsoft’s latest Xbox Game Pass for PC are about to evaporate in my annoyance at the problem plaguing the app and Microsoft Store where for some people - me included you can’t download any of the games that “Administrator approval required for installation”

I have tried many of the various fixes, have left feedback on the MS Feedback Hub etc. And nothing, no help at all.

It’s all very well having these great games made available on the Pass but no good at all if you can’t even download them. And with this being a subscription service, every day wasted in trying to fix this problem is a day lost of the game time you paid for. Poor show from MS.

3 Likes

Okay, well that frikken sucks. Sorry Darth. Once I got my Windows version updated successfully I’ve fortunately not had any issues at all. Just took a look at it again to be sure and installed both Void Bastards and Hollow Knight to be sure - no problems.

Hopefully they figure it out soon enough and find a fix for you. Is there any way you can test it from a different machine at all? I’d be curious to hear if it’s an account/permissions problem, or something more machine/installation specific.

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry Darth. I have had no issues with Game Pass for PC either. I have noticed that the XBOX app is si ply a frontend for the Windows store and when you kick off a download it appears in the Windows store app busy downloading.

I cancelled my Humble Monthly and now only enjoy games on Game Pass. Hopefully the indies make enough money through Game Pass to make it worth their while.

2 Likes

Yeah, at least I know I’m not the only one experiencing these problems, found a fair amount of support posts etc. with people having the same issue. The more people complain the more likely a fix will come.

1 Like

I’m busy playing Crackdown 3 with the Game Pass for PC. Enjoying it quite a lot. Sunset Overdrive looks like it could be fun too.

1 Like

I also just started CD3, on PC. Have you played any of the other Crackdowns? I find the third game very much samey-samey, but don’t consider it a bad thing! I love the super hero feel when leaping tall buildings and throwing cars.

I played the first one. It was probably the first game I bought for the 360 after I really liked the demo.

Something about number 2 just made me lose interest immediately, I don’t know what.

I think number 3 makes me a bit nostalgic about number 1, that might be why I’m enjoying it, plus I haven’t played an open world game in a very long time so it feels good for a change.

1 Like

I have signed up for uplay plus - just to play div 2

2 Likes

I am signed up for Origin Access but will cancel it, thought I’d use it, but the only game I play that I dont “own” is BF5. I’ll cancel and outright purchase BF5.

I was signing up for the free uPlay thing…looked around and saw the only game I want but dont own is Breakthrough. I’ll buy that outright.

Other than that, I get Humble Bundle when I want the main game.

The only other thing I sub to that isn’t really game related is Substance.

3 Likes

Hopefully going to sign up to Nintendo Online today so I can play the SNES games they launched last night. I really want to play Zelda A Link to the Past before Link’s Awakening comes out on the 20th.

3 Likes