What was the last movie that you watched?

Ok pass then. I do not enjoy Will Farell movies, at all.

2 Likes

Ja his movies are not for everyone… but Rachel McAdams made it work for me.

2 Likes

That is the only reason I kept watching, she can be brilliant

1 Like

Watched Last of the Mohicans (been on Netflix awhile, I think). Still holds up.

2 Likes

I watched The Lodge last night and loved it. It may be too slow moving for some people but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

I watched Die Hard 4.0. Partly because of @SIGSTART 's list.

3 Likes

that is the best die hard movie imo

1 Like

watched the Old Guard… was quite an entertaining movie with a storyline that i like. i now want to get the books

2 Likes

I felt like watching Constantine again. Pity it didn’t reach the same cult status like the matrix.

3 Likes

The social dilemma on Netflix. Watch it, now.

Make your teen kids watch it, now.

6 Likes

I watched No County for Old Men. I didn’t like it much.

2 Likes

I loved it! Granted, I watched it about 10 years ago…

2 Likes

The Babysitter: Killer Queen (netflix)

4/10 imo

4 Likes

I didnt watch the first one, not planning on watching this one. Thanks for confirming it for me

1 Like

Haha I enjoyed the first one. My wife didn’t. Will still watch the second one.

2 Likes

Project Power. An average action movie, kind of a super hero movie crossed with that Bradley Cooper movie where pills make you smarter. Here they just give you super powers.

My wife said at the end of the movie: has Netflix dropped our standard of expectations for movies? Are we just getting used to bad movies and accept how bad they are because they are “free” in our monthly sub? She has a great point!

4 Likes

Showmax recently got A Vigilante, starring Olivia Wilde (paging @Solitude).

It’s a solid revenge/power fantasy film, though it’s of the darker variety. It does contain some cop-outs that frustrated my wife and it is difficult to watch in places. It could’ve potentially worked as a pilot for a series. 7/10.

2 Likes

Oooo that sounds great! Thanks @SIGSTART. Will have a look.

2 Likes

Hubie Halloween on netflix

It was pretty much a waterboy like character…I thought the husband would enjoy it as he usually loves up in your face dumb comedies but he didnt(i think it was because he didnt get some of the references to jokes). I on the other hand did actually enjoyed it. It wont win any awards except a few rotten tomatoes but it is a movie that i feel you would be able to watch with your kids.

Oh and for once Rob Schneider didnt go “You can do it!” in an Adam Sandler movie

6/10

4 Likes

Watched The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. It was excellent, though I have become a fan of Aaron Sorkin.

It is interesting (for me) to see the connections in Sorkin’s work.

In one of the episodes of the first season of Newsroom, Sorkin wrote a line about how the Yippies subsumed the STS and how the progressive movement would be painted as generically anti-establishment, whose adherents pass out flowers to soldiers and who tried to levitate the Pentagon.

(Oh wow, while Googling for the episode number, I found the Newsroom clip on YouTube! Embedding it below.)

One of the characters in The Trial of the Chicago 7 says pretty much the same line in the movie. It’s not the first time I’ve seen Sorkin do that… He essentially gets to explore a statement he wrote back in 2012 for one of his characters in depth with this film.

9/10 — Great writing, amazing cast. This is a theatre-quality movie from Netflix.

3 Likes