Windows 11 Official

I like the little changes to its look to keep it fresh. Just dont go changing it too much to make it a hassle to learn… Or worse, a hassle to teach!

4 Likes

You can.

From the Windows Central look at the leaked version last week:

3 Likes

Apparently the leaked version is a bit old by now and you can’t change the alignment anymore. Read that somewhere early in the morning.

However, even that may change and it being Windows I’m sure you’ll be able to download some program to set it to the left if you want it like that.

Personally, I reckon one should just go with it. Everything’s strange until you get used to it.

5 Likes

Or else I’m going to Twist & Shout in my classroom!

A Paul McCartney gif and a Beatles reference “Come Together” on Global Beatles Day. Perfect.

5 Likes

Also a good argument for switching to Linux!

2 Likes

Ha, I tried Linux and it’s not for me.

But then, I’m a Microsoft fan. They have helped me so much in the past. In so many ways. I have a huge amount of respect for them.

So much so that I game on Xbox, make use of Windows PC’s. Have my own Windows cloud server. Program in C# and recently moved to Blazor so I don’t have to make use of javascript anymore and so forth.

2 Likes

When it comes down to Software and Operating systems I always go to main question

What do you want to do with the system?
For me Linux has always been this grey area of woah how cool and dam look at all the things and power you can have. Yes Linux is cool and you can do so much with is, but and its a big BUT. To really understand linux (and I dont really yet ) you need to spend loads of time to find what you like with the OS. How I have always seen linux was a massive brick wall and you have a spoon to dig with. Linux has grown so much and its become more user friendly. But again what do you want to do with the OS

WIndows is just the OS you can game on and have little to no install issues ( Yes linux is better but its just not as easy with some games ) Windows 11 is now the next big thing and for me moving now is abit meh. I want to try is but not really itching to move over right now. It just feels like its windows 8 or vista again with all the issues currently.

Im going to wait a bit before moving over to windows 11 we will all need to move over but for now windows 10 works for me.

4 Likes

Also, claims my PC is 1 year old. I believe I did my upgrade in February…

3 Likes

What did you need to change to get Viola to be accepted into the Can Eleven Club

1 Like

same, I think I will most likely do the same I did with win 7 where I waited until the support was officially ended before upgrading, so they can work some of the kinks first

4 Likes

I’ll move to 11 on day 1. Same as with Windows 10. :smiley:

2 Likes

good you can be our guinea pig :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ll maybe install Windows 11 on my laptop that I never use and let my wife experiment (and she so loves change :slight_smile:).
I do hope they fix the start menu button so that you can left align it. With left align you can just move the mouse down, left and click… no need to aim.

Otherwise as long as .NET 4.7 applications remain fully compatible, then I’m happy.

1 Like

Within the BIOS:

UEFI Only
Secure Boot Enabled
fTPM Enabled

4 Likes

Great, I can’t even run the checker. Probably because I’m running Windows Enterprise edition.

Also, I am the IT Admin… I’m screwed.

5 Likes

Oh noes. That’s a sucky one.

This is actually the most concise instructions I’ve seen on the internet on how to get it to work.

2 Likes

Ya, Enterprise doesn’t get free upgrades.

1 Like

I’m with you. In fact I’m on the Windows Insider Program Beta Channel - not quiet brave enough to join the Dev Channel though. Even so, might still get an opportunity to have a closer look at Win11 sooner than many others.

ETA: Seems there are already builds available to run on all three WIP Channels
Ignore me. Those are last weeks’ Win10 Builds.

1 Like

Same problem on my side. :frowning:

1 Like