Xbox Game Pass

So my Ultimate expired recently, so I decided to just go with PC as my XBOX is really just gathering dust. It used to be R99 for PC only and R150 for Ultimate. But I see that the PC only has been dropped to R49 per month. Even better deal than before!

2 Likes

Isn’t it the other way around? It used to be R49 per month but now that it’s going out of beta it’s going up to double that.

2 Likes

My wife was playing Tell Me Why on Game Pass PC yesterday. Today the game won’t launch. Tried all kinds of fixed that I found on the internet but with no luck. Found lots of people with similar issues with games not launching. It’s a real pain.

1 Like

Actually not 100% sure now. I recall it saying R99 struck through with “now R49” next to it. But this was not available as my Ultimate did not run out yet. You cannot downgrade unless it has expired.

Then when I joined up again the first month is like R17 ($1) and then R49 after that.

It may have been R49, then they bumped it up to R99, and immediately gave everyone 50% off. Clever marketing.

3 Likes

PC Game Pass started at R99 then it dropped to R49 but its going up again this week I think.

3 Likes

We came right with my wife’s game now. Uninstalling the game and installing it again fixed it. Interestingly it uninstalled immediately and then after clicking install, it installed immediately. And then it worked.

I hope it continues working.

2 Likes

Exactly this - I am over this

1 Like

Did the same, for much the same reasons, in July when my Ultimate expired. But @Solitude and @Wlad are correct… Game Pass for PC is coming out of beta this week, and the price will double (to R99 per month I assume) from the next bill after your current billing cycle.

From Xbox Wire:

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

Last week we announced that Xbox Game Pass for PC and the Xbox App will become exit beta on September 17. We’ve built experiences with the help of the PC gaming community and PC game developers and can’t wait to keep that momentum going. We’ll continue to address your feedback and keep the library fresh – especially with EA Play coming this holiday.

We’re retiring the introductory Xbox Game Pass for PC price on the 17th, but if you’re already a member, you’ll pay the same rate through the next billing cycle (look out for a notification on September 17 with more detail). After that, Xbox Game Pass for PC will be available for $9.99 a month. If you haven’t tried Xbox Game Pass for PC yet, now is your moment! You can try your first month for $1.

If GP Ultimate stays at R149pm, it may be worth doing it for the added convenience of being able to play on the console, even if only occasionally. Also gives access to the Console only titles, perhaps access to the XCloud beta if it ever gets to SA, and some random perks for games you may or may not play. Also, at R48.50 for an EA Play subscription, with that being added to Game Pass at the end of the year, you could be saving a few pennies by dropping any EA Play subscription you may have.

3 Likes

I’m currently on the Ultimate Sub for R149 because the Xbox gets used since my son discovered Minecraft, he also enjoys Forza too so maybe we’ll have a mini Mol racer joining the league one day.

Also as a parent, the Xbox family controls are really well done. I can set game time or even screen time limits for weekdays/weekends, I get a weekly email report of play time. The other day it hit the limit for the first time and I see I get an email informing of that and giving me the option to allow him some more time.

4 Likes

Tell him to hurry up, I dont have much time left! :wink:

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if those will link up with my existing client or would I have to redo it all - mine is on steam

It’s console only…

1 Like

That is one of my biggest questions too: I have an existing Destiny 2 account, an existing Elder Scrolls Online account, an existing EA account. Will they all be incorporated into the game pass launcher?

1 Like

They will probably launch the other launch, much like playing Ubisoft games through Steam launches Uplay, or playing EA games through Epic launches Origin. I’m curious to see what happens with the new EA sub being added to XGP and whether you’ll need to launch everything natively through Origin and only link your MS and EA accounts. We’ll find out soon enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I imagine that shouldn’t be a problem, Bungie are already apply cross-save functionality, or rather cross platform account, but you will need the respective content on the respective platform. Other than that your account should have the same stuff across all platforms.

1 Like

I really hope so! NO MOAR ORIGIN app (mine is always a nightmare

Game Pass’ Melissa McGamepass is teasing things again…

Something to celebrate the Bethesda/ZeniMax thing perhaps? DOOM Eternal is being suggested by some: it fits into the REDACTED space, and as Windows Central discovered, there’s a hidden message in the image, found by lowering the brightness:

The Slayer is Coming!

4 Likes

Woop, there it is:

Am assuming the 1 Oct release is for Console only as the linked Xbox Wire post does say, “Doom Eternal will be available with Xbox Game Pass on October 1 and for PC later in 2020.”

2 Likes