Xbox Game Pass

Yeah I’m torn between waiting for Diablo 2 Resurrected on Game Pass and just outright buying it… I almost pulled the trigger during the recent Blizzard sale.

1 Like

Coming Soon to Game Pass

New month, new games to the Game Pass libraries… It’s time to check what’s coming to (and going from) the Game Pass service in the first half of April. Looks like a bit of a mixed bag this time around. Couple of hit ball sports games, some interesting looking indies. Some solid additions to the GP Cloud library from EA this month too.

Available Today - Tuesday, 5 April

• Cricket 22 (Cloud and Console)
    Step on to the field for the most comprehensive cricket game ever! With more licenses, a narrative-driven career mode, and 4K visuals, Cricket 22 is a true next-generation sporting experience. All-new control options make the game more accessible to players of all skill levels, while Big Ant Studios’ authentic recreation of every aspect of the sport provides hundreds of hours of hyper-realistic cricket action for fans. Lead your team to glory, your way!

• MLB The Show 22 (Cloud and Console) | Day One Release
    Experience faster, deeper and more intense moment-to-moment match action on the field, with a variety of game modes for all you rookie players and returning seasoned vets. Every pitch. Every hit. Every win. Make your mark and Own The Show in MLB The Show 22.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 7 April

• Chinatown Detective Agency (Cloud, Console, and PC) | Day One Release
    Chinatown Detective Agency is a cybernoir point and click adventure blending stunning retro design with innovative mechanics. Play as Amira Darma, an ex-cop who has just opened her own detective agency. Choose your clients, travel around the world and solve dangerous cases using real world research.

• Dragon Age 2 (Cloud) | EA Play
    Experience the epic sequel to the critically acclaimed Dragon Age: Origins. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins soon with cloud gaming via EA Play.

• Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Cloud) | EA Play
    Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare digs into the trenches with an explosive action experience. Blast zombies, plants and unique characters across a mind-blowing world and enjoy the depth of a traditional online shooter plus the refreshing humor of the Plants vs. Zombies universe, coming soon with cloud gaming via EA Play.

• Star Wars: Squadrons (Cloud) | EA Play
    The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. The Galactic Civil War is at a tipping point in a time where ace pilots on both sides could make all the difference. Master the art of starfighter combat in Star Wars: Squadrons with cloud gaming via EA Play.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 12 April

• Life Is Strange: True Colors (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Life is Strange: True Colors, the award-winning entry in the acclaimed Life is Strange series, Alex Chen hides her curse: the psychic power of empathy, the ability to absorb the strong emotions of others. When her brother dies in a so-called accident, Alex must embrace her power to find the truth.

• Panzer Corps 2 (PC)
    Panzer Corps 2 is the ultimate strategy game! Enjoy the time-proven gameplay formula which has been appreciated by millions of players over the years, brought to a whole new level of refinement up to the latest technical standards.

• The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (PC)
    Already available on Cloud and Console, now coming to PC Game Pass. Step into the wacky heroic fantasy universe of the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. Lead a team of unlikely and clumsy heroes in an epic and challenging tactical RPG. Live an adventure filled with humor, surprises and silly encounters.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 14 April

• Lost In Random (Cloud, Console, and PC) | EA Play
    Play the odds in Lost in Random, a gothic fairytale-inspired action-adventure where every citizen’s fate is determined by the roll of a dice.

In Case You Missed It - Recently Added

• A Memoir Blue (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Crusader Kings III (Cloud)
  • Kraken Academy!! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Paradise Killer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Super Mega Baseball 3 (Cloud and PC) - EA Play
  • Tunic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Leaving Soon - Friday, 15 April

• MLB The Show 21 (Cloud and Console)
  • Rain On Your Parade (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Long Dark (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Pathway (PC)

Leaving Soon - Monday, 18 April

• F1 2019 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

2 Likes

Lost in Random looks good. Some Time Burton or American McGee’s Alice kind of vibes there

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

It’s mid-month Tuesday already, which means there’s new stuff on the Game Pass front coming for the second half of April.

Available Today - Tuesday, 19 April

• F1 2021 (Cloud) | EA Play
    It’s lights out and away we go for Game Pass Ultimate members with Cloud access can experience a gripping F1 story via EA Play. Hit the track with their own team and live every Formula 1 fan’s ultimate fantasy as F1 2021 joins a collection of racing games available to play on EA Play.

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (Cloud) | EA Play
    A second EA Play Cloud ready game - Feel the thrill of the chase and the rush of escape in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered. Unleash a savage sense of speed both as an outlaw and a cop in the world’s hottest high-performance cars. Outsmart the heat or take down lawbreakers with the tactical weaponry at your disposal in a heart-pumping, socially competitive racing experience. It’s time to reignite the pursuit.

• Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox
    Take control of the titular turnip seeking a way to pay back his debts to a corrupt onion mayor. Featuring a blend of puzzle solving, dungeon exploring, and plant harvesting, Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is a cute, but epic journey to avoid paying taxes and tear down the establishment.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 26 April

• 7 Days to Die (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox
    Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead, 7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first-person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. Play the definitive zombie survival sandbox RPG that came first. Navezgane awaits!

• Research and Destroy (Console and PC) | Day One Release
    Take control of three brilliant Super Scientists in this turn-based action game as you research and develop strange new weapons and gadgets to destroy the Supernatural hordes that have all but crushed humanity!

Coming Soon - Thursday, 28 April

• Bugsnax (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox
    Bugsnax takes you on a journey to Snaktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug half-snack creatures, Bugsnax. Invited by intrepid explorer Elizabert Megafig, you arrive to discover your host nowhere to be found, her camp in shambles, and her followers scattered across the island alone… and hungry!

• Unsouled (Console and PC) | ID@Xbox | Day One Release
    Test your reflexes to the limit and land uber-satisfying combos in Unsouled, a punishingly difficult (yet fair) Action RPG. During the journey, you’ll have to master the ability to execute various skill combos and counterattacks for maximum damage if you hope to survive.

More Ubisoft Games Coming to Game Pass

I’m excited to share that we’re working with Ubisoft to bring even more incredible games to the Game Pass library! In the next two months, Assassin’s Creed Origins will join the library for cloud, console, and PC via Ubisoft Connect app. We will also bring For Honor: Marching Fire Edition to PC via Ubisoft Connect app, and upgrade to the Marching Fire Edition for cloud and console.

Leaving Soon - Saturday, 30 April

• Cricket 19 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Outlast 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Secret Neighbor (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Streets of Rage 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

3 Likes

I’ve heard good and addictive and lovable things about Bugsnax.

2 Likes

I’ve been making the most of my GP sub with some amazing games lately. Each one quite different but all excellent. I love the diversity of games available on the service. Here’s my list of recommend hits that I’ve enjoyed:

Death’s Door
Far: Changing Tides
Guardians of the Galaxy
Lost in Random (via EA Play)

4 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Just when you thought your backlog was safe… along comes a new month and a bunch of new games get added to the Game Pass libraries for the first half of May.

In Case You Missed It - Available Now

• NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)
    NBA 2K22 puts the entire basketball universe in your hands. Play now in real NBA and WNBA environments against authentic teams and players. Build your own dream team in MyTeam with today’s stars and yesterday’s legends. Live out your own pro journey in MyCareer and experience your personal rise to the NBA. Flex your management skills in MyGM and MyLeague. Anyone, anywhere can hoop in NBA 2K22.

Available Today - Tuesday, 3 May

• Loot River (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox | Day One Release
    Explore procedurally generated labyrinths in a dungeon crawling action roguelike that combines tense, real-time combat with spatial block-shifting – slide blocks of ancient ruins, fight bestial abominations, loot, explore, level-up, strategize, cast powerful spells, die and wake up anew.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 5 May

• Trek to Yomi (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox | Day One Release
    Trek to Yomi is a cinematic action adventure game that follows an enthralling story of Hiroki during his fall against the forces of evil. Experience his heroic return to make good on his failed promise to save the people he sore to protect.

• Citizen Sleeper (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox | Day One Release
    Live the life of an escaped worker, washed-up on a lawless station at the edge of an interstellar society. Inspired by the flexibility and freedom of tabletop RPGs, explore the station, choose your friends, escape your past and change your future.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 10 May

• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    On Jabberwock Island, you and your classmates were ready for fun in the sun until Monokuma returned! Trapped in a dangerous situation, you must survive through the class trials. Your only hope rests in solving the island’s mysteries. Plus, Ultimate members can play with native touch controls with cloud gaming on day one, no controller needed!

• Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (Cloud, Console, and PC) | Day One Release
    Strengthen your bonds with the launch of Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. Experience the prewar tales of various characters who will eventually become your companions in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, the top funded Kickstarter game of 2020 and coming to Game Pass on Day One in 2023.

• This War of Mine: Final Cut (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox
    In This War of Mine: Final Cut, remastered for Xbox Series X|S, you play a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of necessities and constant danger from snipers and hostiles. It’s an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 12 May

• NHL 22 (Console) | EA Play
    Experience breakthrough hockey with Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play! NHL 22 is coming soon to The Play List, so all members can hit the ice. Members also get NHL 22 rewards, including World of Chel gear sets, and more.

Leaving Game Pass Soon

Leaving Tuesday, 10 May

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (Cloud and Console)

Leaving Sunday, 15 May

• Enter The Gungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC)
  • Remnant: From the Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Steep (Cloud and Console)
  • The Catch: Carp and Coarse (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Wild at Heart (Cloud, Console, and PC)

3 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

The last two weeks have flown by, you haven’t had a chance to do much more than install one or two games from the last batch of additions to the Game Pass library, and all of sudden there’s a dozen more games being added to your Want To Play lists… And there’s some real time sucking titles on the list for the second half of May.

Available Today - Tuesday, 17 May

• Her Story • PC • ID@Xbox
    The game that relaunched an entire genre, Her Story is the award-winning mystery game from Sam Barlow, writer/designer of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and creator of Telling Lies. In this nonlinear crime fiction classic, a woman is interviewed seven times by the police. Search the video database and explore hundreds of authentic clips to discover her story.

• Jurassic World Evolution 2 • Cloud, Console, PC
    Jurassic World Evolution 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to Frontier’s highly successful Jurassic World Evolution, building upon the ground-breaking and immersive 2018 management simulation. It introduces a compelling new campaign and Chaos Theory Modes, range of new features, customization options and awe-inspiring new dinosaurs that include flying and marine reptiles.

• Little Witch in the Woods (Game Preview) • Console, PC • ID@Xbox • Day One Release
    Little Witch in the Woods tells the story of Ellie, an apprentice witch. Explore the mystical forest, help the charming residents, and experience the daily life as a little witch.

• Skate • Cloud • EA Play
    Head back to where it all began in Skate, available today with cloud gaming via EA Play! Get chased by security guards, impress citizens, ride with pros, discover skate shops, and make spots your own in this fully reactive city!

• Umurangi Generation Special Edition • Cloud, Console, PC • ID@Xbox • Day One Release
    Umurangi Generation is a first-person photography sandbox set in the retro future city of Tauranga, Aotearoa during an impending crisis. As a courier for the Tauranga Express, you get to travel around Tauranga taking pictures and documenting the world and its reality through the lenses of your camera.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 19 May

• Farming Simulator 22 • Cloud, Console, PC
    Farming Simulator 22 brings a multitude of new gameplay features and offers more content and player freedom than ever before, including new ground working features like mulching or stone picking, an improved build-mode adding greenhouses and beehives, as well as a new character creator to bring your own, individual farmer to life.

• Vampire Survivors • PC • ID@Xbox
    Jump straight into the action, mow down thousands of night creatures, and survive until dawn! The gothic-horror world of Vampire Survivors will throw relentless hordes of monsters at you: make the right choices, or rely on your skills and favorite weapons to turn the tide and quickly snowball against your enemies

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 24 May

• Floppy Knights • Cloud, Console, PC • ID@Xbox • Day One Release
    Floppy Knights is a fresh take on two familiar genres: tactics fused with card-game strategy. Join Phoebe and Carlton, a brilliant young inventor & her robot-arm bestie, as they square off in turn-based battles. Build the perfect deck, execute seamless card combos, and lead your Floppy Knights to victory!

• Hardspace: Shipbreaker • PC • ID@Xbox • Day One Release
    Equipped with cutting-edge salvaging tech, carve and slice a variety of derelict spaceships at will in zero-g to recover valuable materials. Be careful with your tools: you don’t want to trigger an explosive chain reaction that could be deadly, or worse – costly! Upgrade your gear to take on more lucrative contracts to pay your debt to LYNX Corporation through a compelling campaign, relax in freeplay, or compete in timed challenges.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 26 May

• Sniper Elite 5 • Console, PC • ID@Xbox • Day One Release
    The award-winning series returns with unparalleled sniping, tactical third-person combat and an enhanced kill cam. Fight your way across the most immersive maps yet, with many real-world locations captured in stunning detail, and an improved traversal system that lets you explore more of them than ever before.

Coming Soon - Friday, 27 May

• Cricket 22 • PC • ID@Xbox
    Step on to the field for the most comprehensive cricket game ever with PC Game Pass! With more licenses, a narrative-driven career mode, and 4K visuals, Cricket 22 is a true next-generation sporting experience. All-new control options make the game more accessible to players of all skill levels, while Big Ant Studios’ authentic recreation of every aspect of the sport provides hundreds of hours of hyper-realistic cricket action for fans. Lead your team to glory, your way!

• Pac-Man Museum+ • Cloud, Console, PC • Day One Release
    Pac-Man Museum+ features 14 of the series’ legendary games! Players can enjoy the iconic original arcade classic alongside a variety of other play styles from over 40 years of Pac-Man history! Also includes online leaderboards and the ability to customize your very own virtual arcade room! Plus, Ultimate members can play with cloud gaming and touch controls on day one, no controller needed!

Leaving Soon - Tuesday, 31 May

• EA Sports NHL 20 (Console)
  • Farming Simulator 19 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Knockout City (Console and PC) EA Play
  • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Spellforce 3: Soul Harvest (PC)
  • Superhot Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Yes Your Grace (Cloud, Console, and PC)

2 Likes

After my kids enjoyed Farming Sim 19 (daddy had to farm at night, kids rode horses all day) I nearly upgraded to 22 recently. Now I am glad I did not!

3 Likes

Kinda funny that Vampire Survivors is coming to Game Pass considering that the game costs all of R27. I wonder what kind of payout MS paid to get it on the service?

2 Likes

Haha and did you actually enjoy it or were playing in pc?

I tried it on console and the controls were just so un intuitive.

2 Likes

I’ve had Jurassic World Evolution 2 on my radar for ages, I love Frontier games.

I’ve also never played a Sniper Elite game, perhaps the perfect chance to try it out.

2 Likes

I thought you canceled your game pass? :thinking:

1 Like

I did yeah.

1 Like

I have the Early Access version of Hardspace: Shipbreaker on Steam. It’s a brilliant physics puzzle game, and scratches the same problem solving/planning/engineering itch as Factorio, @SlinX @DieGrootHammer @DarthMol @z1oc

3 Likes

That’s what I said!

3 Likes

Great minds

taps noggin

3 Likes

Yip, farming with a wheel and a button box for all the controls! Easy!

1 Like

Hmm, I might be looking for a factorio replacement soon. But I love my factory so much it must grow

2 Likes

When you do definitely check out Satisfactory. Wrote about it when it was in early Early Access. It’s still in Early Access now, but 3 years later, it’s a lot more playable now. And if you like Factorio you will love Satisfactory.

Was an Epic Games exclusive but is now also on Steam. At the moment (at least for us here in SA) it’s a bit cheaper on Epic (R162) compared to Steam (R175).

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/satisfactory

3 Likes