Xbox Series X/S

When memes become real…

You can win your very own XSX fridge by retweeting this tweet before 4 November:

And yes, for once, we are eligible to win all the way down south, I checked.

To enter, you must be a legal resident of any Xbox Live supported region (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/countries), and be 18 years of age or older.

2 Likes

Rather interesting piece…

1 Like

Lots of reviews now!

4 Likes

Time draws near.

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

Pfft. I will post here as much as I want.

6 Likes

Paging the important people to this thread — @Solitude and @SIGSTART

Should we merge the Official Xbox Thread with this thread?

I know the intention was to have thsi primarily for the Series X/S but it is techinically still Xbox. By having seperate threads for the different generations, are we not segregating the player base? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hmmmm I don’t know. Then we may as well join the PS5 topic with the Playstation topic. Um if there is one.

1 Like

Agree on both sentiments, I think there are two seperate threads there too. Albeit there is a generalised PlayStation thread and then a specific PS5 thread.

Maybe once the respective platforms have released merge em? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Based on the reviews I’m really starting to consider the S. I don’t have a 4K (or even 1440p) device, so playing at good old 1080p (albeit at higher refresh rates) is where my comfort zone lies. In that sense the S is a perfect fit for me.

2 Likes

I’m also there with you mate, do you not have any incentive to upgrade?

2 Likes

I get that all the time

2 Likes

From a resolution perspective? Nah… I recently did the move to higher refresh rate (240Hz) and it’s been a huge improvement for me. I don’t foresee my desktop PC (or a console, for that matter) hitting 100+ FPS at 4K any time soon. I much prefer the smoother experience of higher frame rates at a higher refresh rate with maxed out settings to a higher resolution. Some good anti-aliasing is enough to smooth out the picture for me.

I would realistically only look at upgrading to a higher resolution monitor (or TV) when hardware can comfortably handle it. It will probably not be this console generation.

3 Likes

IGN reviews:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Very disappointing. My delivery date is now Wednesday. This after I organised with work to be here tomorrow for the delivery and will have to go in on Wednesday. Typical Africa where we can’t even get a launch date right.

2 Likes

Woohoo!

7 Likes

Baie geluk!

1 Like

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I dont expect to see @Solitude on here for a while…

1 Like