Xbox Series X/S

The new Xbox console, known so far under the working code name of Project Scarlett, has been revealed at the Game Awards 2019.

This is the Xbox Series X.

I’m going with XSX for short. Or Borg Box.

No official specs yet, but a dedicated page on the XB website:

https://www.xbox.com/en-ZA/consoles/xbox-series-x

5 Likes

So it’s a PC with Game Pass?

2 Likes

:joy: Pretty much a mini-Micro ATX case with a bunch of computer gubbins inside, yip.

2 Likes

And what a kak name it is.

3 Likes

That’s just for the series. The individual consoles will have their own names.

1 Like

It’s still not a great idea to follow up the Xbox One X with the Xbox Series X.

2 Likes

I definitely agree with that. There’s going to be a lot of moms who will probably buy the wrong stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking.

Think of the disappointment (next year) when little Timmy asks for the New Xbox Series X for Xmas but Father Xmas gets him the Xbone X instead.

Poor kid.

3 Likes

Next gen but can at max do 120fps. So much for cutting edge…

So many X’s in that paragraph.

Let battle commence! *

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-playstation-5-xbox-series-x-spec-leak-analysed

* not really a battle when all I see is win-win for gamers!

2 Likes

Why would you need more than 120 fps?

Why not. Most new monitors are 144 not 120. So why limited the monitor’s capabilities, especially when this is supposedly new gen…

They must have some reason. Probably to save costs. I can’t really see why there would be a limit.

I’m just in it for The Elder Scrolls 6.

I’ve been playing on a PS4 in the UK, I enjoyed it - but it made me realise if you just a normal gamer like me their is huge difference between brands (PS4 exclusives don’t sway me)

2 Likes

Don’t know if real or not. Got it on social media.

2 Likes

it is real cause digital foundry did a comparison not so long ago. the ps5 is even bigger with its clearly single motherboard design

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Xbox Games Showcase 2020

2 Likes

$249 is a next gen console that is cheaper than a switch, dont know how sony is going to respond to this, the all digital ps5 is probably going to be a $350 - $399 console and a $100 is a massive difference.

3 Likes