Your Favourite Movie of 2019

With the Oscars coming up I was thinking about the movies I watched last year and there were some really good ones.

A lot of people are angry about Joker being nominated for so many Oscars but I loved the movie.

However, the best 2019 movie I watched is Midsommar.

What’s your favourite 2019 movie?

2 Likes

Oh hell no! That looks too traumatic for me!

1 Like

I have a list:

3 Likes

Knives Out is a fantastic flick. I enjoyed it tremendously.

2 Likes

John wick
Alita: Battle Angel
Will add a few more just need to make sure it came out in 2019

2 Likes
3 Likes

Zombieland 2
Polar
Spider-Man
Avengers
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
John Wick 3
Joker

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is probably my number one movie of 2009. Leo and Brad were amazing and the ending was insane.

2 Likes

I didn’t get to do a lot of movie watching in 2019, sadly. Lots of nominations here that I’d still really like to see.

Really enjoyed Alita: Battle Angel, Joker, Glass, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Spider-Man: Far from Home, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, The Laundromat, 6 Underground, and Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker.

But if I had to choose one among those I saw, John Wick 3 beats out Joker by a hair. I’m not saying it’s just because of the fight coreography involving attack dogs, but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit it was a major influence :smile:

Addendum:

As I was going through the list of 2019’s biggest releases, I happened upon Booksmart… @Solitude, did you know Olivia Wilde also directs? I know you’re a big fan.

2 Likes

I did not watch to many movies last yeat but I think it would have to be John Wick 3, Alita, and Spiderman, and Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

1 Like