What was the last movie that you watched?

I watched Triple Frontier last night. Was an okay movie. I find stories that frustrate me due to the greed and bad decision from the main protagonist I don’t enjoy so much, and this movie has that in spades. But it’s a good action romp if you need that fix.

1 Like

Joined in for the second half of Peppermint. Fantastic power/revenge fantasy. Scratches the same kind of itch as The Crow / The Punisher / A Man Apart / Man on Fire.

1 Like

i’ll just leave this here (the acting is not bad actually and could have been a great movie with a bit more polish

1 Like

Knives Out. What a brilliant movie. It’s proper old-school whodunit. Dame Agatha would be proud.

2 Likes

I totally agree, it was very well done.
Ready or not is also very good.
And my 2 favourites was Ford vs ferrari and the art of racing in the rain

1 Like

After researching 2019’s movie releases for my answer to this topic…

I went and watched Booksmart. It was great! Sortof like a Can’t Hardly Wait or Ferris Bueller’s Day Off for the turn of the decade.

3 Likes

Just got back from seeing 1917. WOW! Amazing movie!

2 Likes

Watched Midsommar and Ready Or Not.

Midsommar was crazy. Definitely not for everyone. I didn’t like the ending or the dialogue. Still, exquisitely made and Florence Pugh’s performance was just brilliant: 7/10.

Ready Or Not was thoroughly entertaining, but not quite what I was hoping for. Samara Weaving is my new favourite. Can’t wait for her team-up with Daniel Radcliffe in Guns Akimbo. 7/10

Also rewatched Deadpool while I was working on something mindless. Negasonic is my favourite secondary character in a superhero movie ever. I don’t think she would’ve worked so well in any other franchise, but within Deadpool she is just amazing. WHAM!/10

3 Likes

I watched Daddy’s Home 2.

While it had some comedy and lightheartedness about it, it wasn’t as great as the first one, which I thoroughly enjoyed. And damn, John Cena can’t act so that was the biggest let down for me.

2 Likes

It Chapter Two.

I don’t normally do horror movies, but Stephen King’s style works for me for some reason. 7/10.

2 Likes

Terminator Dark Fate. Pleasantly surprised

2 Likes

Went to go watch the new bad boys movie and it was awesome! Martin Lawrence really made this movie!

2 Likes

I watched 1917, and Holy hell it is bloody fantastic. Such a well made movie. I was in aw the entire time. So far my pick of the Oscar nominations.

4 Likes

Just watched 22 July. Based on the mass shooting that happened in Norway really good movie

3 Likes

I know right! Amazing piece of cinema!

Side note: did you know that one of the 2 main actors is Tommen Baratheon from Game of Thrones? It bugged me the whole time, he looked so familiar!

1 Like

8/10 I loved this, I really like seeing Michael B Jordon in this kind of role. Very talented, Jamie Foxx also was impressive, his serious roles is why I like the guy, when he does his comedy he irritates me silly :stuck_out_tongue:
1917 - I enjoyed it, but don’t love it - 7/10
1 Like

Watched 6 Underground over the weekend; while it wasn’t bad it had a lot of ups and downs. The movie would increase action and suspense and continually drop it and go backto boring. Not a very well paced movie and was kinda boring to be honest.

6/10 I would say.

Jojo Rabbit. Sublime piece of film making. Funny, sad, poignant, bitingly satirical, beautifully shot and brilliantly acted. Very deserving of all its nominations and awards. Easy 9/10 from me.

3 Likes

Its been on my shortlist for a while, really need to watch this!

3 Likes

Rocketman

I know it was nominated for awards and stuff, but I found it thoroughly boring.

1 Like