Anime Thread

I’m sure you’ll enjoy One Punch Man. It’s on Netflix if I’m not mistaken

Actually, I have seen One Punch Man! It was hilarious and super OTT! :smiley:

Sorry @Glordit, I did mean Robotech :man_facepalming:

That list is so detailed! Thank you so much! I will have a little look when I am awake late nights and can watch things alone :wink:

1 Like

There is a DotA anime on it’s way, I am not the biggest fan of DotA but I think it could be quite good.

After a few failures, Netflix seems to be releasing some decent stuff for a change.

High-Rise Invasion was actually pretty good. If you look past the funny and sometimes distracting art and animation quirks it’s like a mixture of BTOOM and High School of the dead.

Netflix is also releasing Gokushufudou (The House Husband) and B: The Beginning Succession (Season 2 of B) this month (March 18th) with the Former coming out early Next Month (April 8th). Finally Godzilla Endpoint getting a subbed and dubbed release much later in the year, due to it being a weekly show for Netflix Japan.

1 Like

Winter 2021 is almost over so what was good bad and ugly?

My top picks for the season are:

Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Jobless Reincarnation).
Wonder Egg Priority
Horimiya
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I am a spider, So what?)

Honourable mentions

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun
Kemono Jihen
Tenchi Souzou Design-bu
SK∞
Kemono Jihen
Kai Byoui Ramune
Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi (Just a warning this is basically hentai)

There was a lot of sequels this season too:

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars
Beastars Season 2
Shingeki no Kyojin (Not) The Final season.
5-toubun no Hanayome
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki
Yuru Camp△
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2
Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season

They are all worth watching if you enjoyed the previous seasons. Specifically Yuru Camp it’s a 9.5/10.

There was also a lot of OK and/or boring shows and sequels too. (IMO):

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari (Last Dungeon Boonies): Starts off really well and then eventually slows down and becomes too cliched.

Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season It’s OK. It’s just that it skips over the manga’s best arc and is accelerating it’s conclusion.

Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan. I am only watching this to see how bad it can get.

Hortensia Saga: Great voice acting, decent visuals, crappy story.

Gekidol: I don’t even know what the hell is going on in Gekidol anymore. It continuously starts new sub-plots and then never develops them further, all while meandering through it’s confusingly slow main plot.

Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon: This is like Last Dungeon Boonies, (slightly) cooler older brother but with more fanservice.

Soukou Musume Senki: Takes a little too long to become enjoyable and by the time it get’s there it’s basically over.

Reserving Judgement:

Back Arrow: So far it’s been slow but the last couple of episodes have been more enjoyable.
Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san: One Episode a month, so it’s going to take a while.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree very good anime, I kinda skipped the human stuff though and just watched the parts with the spider after the first few episodes as that was more entertaining.

Bit of a roller-coaster this one, with some seems-to-be gruesome things that happen, yet in the end everything is actually fine kinda thing, bit weird but I like it

Also agree, started off nice, then just became weirder and weirder with cliches and the last episode was kind of like “what?”. Also it felt like the protag just became more and more stupid as it went on, like come on, surely he should have learnt some common sense, and sense of strength during the years.

Think this one wins as my favorite for this season, very much fan service based as that is one of his sources of power, but I think it is fine, i like the comedy and I hope there will be sequels.

It’s a shame but his is all I watched of this season, randomly between watching all these I re-watched Acchi Kocchi again, it’s some relaxing eye bleach, cleanses the soul.

Do you know if there is a list of the animes supposed to be released in the next season yet?

Check out AniChart it gives you dates and times for upcoming shows.

There’s a ton of sequels again, which I am excited for plus many new shows too as well as some remakes.

2 Likes

EDIT 3

A Whole lot of show finally aired. Saturdays are packed from morning to late evening this season.

86 is very interesting. The lies beneath the surface which keep the peace are the ones which ignite the flames of war.

Bishounen Tanteidan with Shaft and Nisio Isin you can’t go wrong. I’ll admit outright, it’s not going to be a show that everyone will enjoy. It’s dialogue heavy and uses a massive amount of visual allusions.

Fumetsu no Anata e will probably end up being one of my all time favorite anime. I really can’t explain this very well, you’ll just have to watch it.

Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san if you liked Nozaki-kun and Togaki-san then you’ll probably love this one too. It’s just dialed up to 11.

Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara (Full Dive): As the title states, the game is shittier than real life but that doesn’t mean it’s not funny. Think SAO all over again but with real world rules and laws applied.

Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu despite it being a generic Isekai, I found it really interesting.

Shadows House The creepy atmosphere and strange soot covered characters are really intriguing. This is probably going to do a 180 later and become really twisted.

Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita: More Isekai! Yay! This is actually pretty fun.

SSSS.Dynazenon Spin-off series from SSSS.Gridman. If you love mech and Tokusatsu you’ll love this. (There is no need to watch Gridman this series is Standalone).

Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Feels like I am back in 2006 again. Somewhat rushed introduction to the series and probably won’t be to everyone’s taste. If you loved the DS game, then give it a shot.

Super Cub Lonely girl buy’s a bike and he life starts from there. Really fun show.

Tokyo Revengers A hikikimori discovers time travel and uses it to save his sweetheart from middle school.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge More of your favorite undead idols singing.

EDIT 2

Some good news for those who wanted to watch Godzilla End Point, Shaman King and Eden’s Zero, Netflix will have international releases for these series this year. Expect Shaman King to be split into parts since it’s 52 episodes so it’s conclusion will be out next year.

Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season direct sequel to the first series. Highly recommended if you liked the Sherlock Holmes novels and detective stories in general.

Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song feels like a mixture of Ghost in the Shell and Violet Evergarden. I am enjoying it a lot.

Shakunetsu Kabaddi is might seem like your average sports anime however it’s highlighting a sport which doesn’t get much attention, Kabaddi.

Seven Knights Revolution: Eiyuu no Keishousha is generic mobile game to anime adaptation. I’ll give it a few more episodes.

Sayonara Watashi no Cramer was pretty good. It’s a coming of age story about the struggles of recognition of talent and women’s association football.

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! A bit of a rushed start but definitely funny and entertaining. Think Evil Geniuses but, without the genius and a whole lot less evil.

Odd Taxi this shaping up to be one of my favorite shows. The first episode was filled with dry humor and it story and characters had reminded me of a Coen brothers film.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2, Continuation of Megalo Box.

Mashiro no Oto, your (other) musical show of the season. Somewhat cliched, but the music is beautiful and the leach character seems interesting. (I also love his Fukui dialect).

Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Despite how the synopsis sounds, the first episode was very charming and wholesome.

Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Imagine the apex predator isn’t at the apex anymore and really needs a new house.

Yakunara Mug Cup mo. Yuru Camp but with clay sculpting. (For some dumb reason CR split the series into two parts. The anime and live action segment. While the latter is not required watching, it’s nice to see all the places the anime is based on. Also, the Gifu Prefecture is seriously underrated)

There’s still a lot more to come this week.

EDIT

Mars Red seems very interesting and it’s beautifully animated, specifically with it’s camera work and visual overlays akin to the True Detective opening sequence.

Koikimo might not be everyone’s cup of tea and it’s certain stirring up a little controversy due to the age gap of the main characters, but I found it funny and thought the two leads work really well.

Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood somewhat hard to recommend. It’s got an interesting premise but the revenge story is slightly stale.

New Season new anime! Spring 2021!

There’s a lot of interesting looking stuff coming out and some long awaited sequels.

Moriarty The Patriot had a pre-air earlier today, really great episode.

Godzilla Single Point and Edens Zero are stuck in Netflix Jail* for now. With the Former being out already no one is subbing it so if you are interested you’ll have to wait for a fansub or Netflix to release it internationally.

B: The Succession was released on Netflix with 6 episodes, it ends abruptly so I assume there will be another 6, at a later date?

Way of the House Husband will be released soon as well on Netflix.

What I am looking forward to:
Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui
Yakunara Mug Cup mo
Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song
Tokyo Revengers
Super Cub
Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation (The World Ends With You, based on the DS Game of the same name).
SSSS.Dynazenon
Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita (I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level)
Shaman King (2021)
Shadows House
Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! (Combatants Will be Dispatched)
Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu (The Saints Magic Power is Omnipotent)
Sayonara Watashi no Cramer (Goodbye Mr. Crammer)
Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy (The Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won’t Lose!)
Mashiro no Oto
Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara (Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life!)
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Tease me Miss Nagatoro)
Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. ( I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home)
Fumetsu no Anata e (To Your Eternity)
Dragon, Ie wo Kau (Dragons House Hunting)
Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART!
Blue Reflection Ray

Sequels and Spin-offs:
Fruits Basket: The Final
Zombieland Saga: Revenge
Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (Slime Diaries)
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Ω (How Not to Summon a Demon Lord 2)
Nomad: Megalo Box 2
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (Welcome to Demon School Iruma-Kun 2!)

*Netflix Jail refers to when a series is exclusive to Netflix Japan and is not subbed until it’s completed it’s run or has gone past a specific episode count.

Busy watching the DOTA anime on netflix, so far so good, think it’s the first anime I am watching in english in years, only reason for that is because it is based on the game and ALL the names are in english so this will feel less weird

I struggle to find time to watch anime or even so I dont know what’s good anymore. I have just been keeping up with One piece and DBZ super manga.

Try here: Spring 2021 - Anime - MyAnimeList.net Just choose a season and anything with a 7+ should be interesting. Personally I’d say even a 6+ is semi-decent at times but 7’s are a good place to start.

Woot new anime coming out, and I need some help

In this anime the girl sings a song, and I just cannot for the life of me find it, but I know it so well, I think it is based of a Christian song, if anyone can just give it a listen and let me know that would be freaking great.

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi - REALLY REALLY looking forward to more episodes, one of those animes that just soothes the soul

Now on to other anime I will be watching:

• My Senpai is Annoying - Read the manga and I can’t wait for more episodes
  • Deji Meets Girl - very short episodes, looks interesting
  • Isekai Shokudou 2 - binged the first season, now started with this one, can’t wait for more episodes, nice and relaxing.
  • The aquatope on white sand - So far so OK, maybe it’s because I like aquariums, but I strangely just keep on watching it, although this feels like one of those ones where, just one bad episode could make me stop watching it.
  • Tawawa on Monday Two
  • Ganbare Douki-chan
  • The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made

Do you perhaps know what the song is called, or have a link to it?

I’m enjoying Aquatope. It’s classic PA works they always play it safe with the story and characters If you end up enjoying it, Sakura Quest and Shirobako are practically the same but with different themes/locations.

I’m watching way too much as always and there’s still more coming out later today and next week. There’s a lot of sequels and some exciting new shows too.

unfortunately not, the female main sings it twice like a nursery rhyme with what I believe to be self made lyrics, but the melody(?) is for a fact based off of a real song.

Sorry for being so vague if I can get a clip of it I will try and put it here.

EDIT: Made a clip myself:

The tune is from the classic hymn “What a friend we have in Jesus”

Here’s a version of it

3 Likes

yeeess i can hear it, now to find the afrikaans version, XD

New Anime are out, so far watching “In the Land of Leadale” so far so good, really getting into it

Nothing else has really caught my eye, hope there are more coming out to see.

I’ve been watching Fate/Zero again, it must be my favourite anime of all time.

I think maybe you need some suggestions of great anime, to knock that sucker off your best anime of all time spot

Again, I know less than zero about anime, but occasionally do stumble on anime related posts and news. Like this site: MAL Map

Which I found out about in the r/dataisbeautiful post on Reddit:

The creator drew from recommendations on MyAnimeList.net - Anime and Manga Database and Community

1 Like