Anthem (2019)

Anthem is a third-person co-op shooter developed by Bioware and published by EA in which you play a Freelancer who pilots mech-like exosuits called Javelins. You and your squad fly around the world, complete quests, earn and collect loot, and shoot kaiju-looking badguys.

The game is scheduled to release on 22 February 2019 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

It is currently in alpha. No demo is scheduled, but EA has plans to grant various stages of early access throughout February.

1. If you pre-order or subscriber to EA Access or Origin Access you get access to the VIP demo on 1 February 2019.

2. Origin Access Premier subscribers will be able to play the game a week early — from 15 February.

3. EA Access (Xbox) and Origin Access Basic subscribers will get to play 10 hours of the game on 15 February as a “Play First Trial”.

It’s an EA game, so everyone is asking about in-game purchases… Apparently there will be cosmetics for sale, but no loot crates.

Anthem cinematic trailer (2018)

Anthem gameplay features — our world, my story

45 Minutes of New Anthem Gameplay (November 2018 livestream with IGN, also on official Anthem Twitch channel)

Game Informer interview about Anthem

3 Likes

To celebrate N7 day, Bioware announced Mass Effect N7 armour for Anthem.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-08-yes-you-can-get-mass-effect-n7-armour-in-anthem

2 Likes

Yeah, a must play game for me. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I kind of feel that Warframe has become this games biggest competition with the new open areas that they have added to the game.

3 Likes

Dang, how’d I miss N7 day this year?

Oh right, EA killed off the franchise as a beta test for Anthem…

3 Likes

I also missed N7 day. . . .

Anthem as much as I wanna play it, I am worried it will trigger my motion sickness more than D2.

1 Like

I’m so ampt for this it’s not even funny

1 Like

So this popped into my inbox this morning :+1:

6 Likes

Yep same, i hope i can even run the game, and it’s not too big

Found this in a discord server

2 Likes

Hopefully you will be allowed to give us some feedback on what the game is like

“awesome” (10)

Bastards! 10 Chars

1 Like

Cool, now i just need to make space on my hdd, and hope my internet is good enough to download it all in one night

I also got that email.

1 Like

Lol, thought you were going to skip because of the motion sickeness

I have no idea why I got it, I don’t remember signing up for it, I cant download it in anycase

Pretty sure there was a BIG paragraph about this being a Closed Alpha with a strict NDA. About all you can tell people is that you’re in the Alpha.

That said, :slightly_frowning_face: cos I didn’t get one of those emails.

3 Likes

One thing about the gaming industry is scary NDAs

3 Likes

It’s EA so I’m not going to get my hopes up for Anthem until I see reviews.

4 Likes