Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Sorry for the wall of text, but I want to get this all down before I forget any of it.

A few things I changed for the remaining events now that I have a better understanding:

• Wait time between sessions increased to 5 minutes (toilet/smoke/water break)
  • Results screen time increased to 5 minutes
  • Practice session re-enabled (prevents having to switch servers and allows everyone to ready up for qualifying all at the same time)
  • Practice session: 15 minutes
  • Qualifying session: decreased from 30 to 20 minutes
  • Tire wear increased from 300% to 400%
  • Contemplating enabling fuel usage :thinking:
  • Damage increased from 30% to 50%
  • Pit window changed: open from lap 1 to penultimate lap (so you can’t cheese it and pit on the final lap, crossing the finish line while on your way to your pit box. Remember to change you strategy to change tires before the race, EZ.
  • (it may or may not rain at Silverstone) :eyes:

P.S. I’m going to add ballast to the Porches to balance them out, i’ll do some testing before the next race and try to make the 2 cars more competitive. I don’t think I should have been able to run away from Hammer like I did at the end of the race.
In retrospect, I think a better match up would have been Porsche GT4 vs Maserati GT4

@GregRedd that is super useful. I did ask if anyone wants to choose a colour, no one did, so I took it upon myself to colour code. You are lucky there are no pink liveries is all I’m saying.
Oh, and yes, stopping in your pitbox for 0.000001s constitutes a valid pitstop.

4 Likes

No worries man, that’s racing!

It was one of those, will he go left or right situations, I took a chance and came off short. I still clinched 4th which is as good as I could’ve hoped to get.

I approve of all except this:

1 Like

I DEMAND PINK!

1 Like

Maybe pole position gets a pink car? IDEAS haha

2 Likes

Adding ballast and increasing tyre wear, needs testing to assess balance. I think one or the other. Implement both and you might be killing the Porsche. The Porsche does need something though, question is what?

Current very subjective take on the 2 cars
Audi has less power. Can brake later. Easier to drive, because it doesn’t over-steer. I’d say it’s only perceived as agile, because it has less tendency to push the rear out.
Porsche has a clear power advantage on the straights. Need to brake earlier. Over-steers very fast, on cold tyres. Basically, nerve racking to drive, because it’s twitchy on the corners and over bumps (of which Brands Hatch has plenty).

Lastly, as much as I love the idea of adding in fuel, I feel like this isn’t as serious a racing league, as say iRacing. The barrier to entry, on doing fuel calculations with risk/reward and pushing hard vs doing enough to stay ahead, is perhaps too high. Fuel also adds more strategy to things, which is good for hardcore okes, but not so great for those who just want to join in the fun.

3 Likes

Definitely needs testing, i’ll see what the tyre wear change does before adding ballast. I did notice that by the time I changed tyres on lap 8, I had only used up about 10% if that, they were still green. It is the hard compound after all.

Fully agree, just thought I’d throw the suggestion out there since a few have asked about it.

1 Like

How do I change my car? Am I tied to it this whole season?

1 Like

Well yes, but actually no.
I’ll be lenient with the rules, I can change your car for you. You want an Audi? can’t handle the Porsche ey? Have you run out of talent? :joy:

3 Likes

I completed the whole race on the single set, and my wear in the Audi at the end was only around 20%. And I had a lot of off-track excursions and lockups along the way. So yeah, an increase to the tyre wear sounds fair.

Isn’t the next race at Kyalami? Or are you just preparing us well in advance for Silverstone?

Did he ever have any? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I think you need to join us. You’re clearly active in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I change my colour?

1 Like

I am the official race cheerleader! That is why I am always involved!

3 Likes

Yes…
although I’ve given everyone driving Audi’s a unique colour already and the only one left is grey
Entity: blue
Dragonic: green
Darthmol: yellow
H@mmer: black/red
Gregg: orange

It is, I’m just throwing a spanner in the works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it starts raining, I’m gonna be like, @#$% it! Might as well drift

3 Likes

Pretty sure that I saw another green Audi diagonally in front of me while waiting on the race to start :eyes:

1 Like

I fixed the colours afterwards, after I realised how confusing it was.

3 Likes

Yeah, think we need to get another spectator when we race, aside from the barking dog.

2 Likes

I love watching the races, no matter what they are racing :smiley:

I should add that this fills a gap whilst I am waiting for F1 to restart

2 Likes

He just want’s to overtake you and not come last, don’t fall for his tricks.

2 Likes

Tested 500% tyre wear: does nothing. Basically hard slicks can last a 25 lap race.

1 Like