Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Is this happening tonight?

Nope nope nope. I’m illiterate, nevermind!

1 Like

I’m trying to get on to the practice server to try out the cars and make sure I’ve got all the mods etc., but for the life of me can’t figure out where to enter the server password in CM… any hints, guys?

2 Likes

Where are you then looking?

2 Likes

Came here to say the same - the password field is pretty obvious on mine… are you looking in the right place?

2 Likes

I have no idea why, but it’s showing up now. Earlier I had the track and car info directly, with some timeouts. Sorted now, thanks, gents!

2 Likes

Damn Eskom!!! :disappointed_relieved:

RIP @Dragonic
Where’s the rest of the squad?
@DieGrootHammer @DarthMol @Entity

I had an hour or so of practice last night, best time of 1:58.393, theoretical best of 1:57.592, all in the Audi. I can’t get a lap straight in the Porsche, it’s like Clarkson said - years of understeer that suddenly and unexpectedly turns into death dealing oversteer. And then I’m facing the wrong way… not gonna risk that on a live track!

2 Likes

Porsche’s steer with their sensitive brakes. I do find the Cayman kicks more than the 911. But maybe it’s down to driving style

It’s quite a tricky circuit to learn from scratch, there are some very unique corners.

But dodging Porsche’s squirreling all over the track is half the fun :joy:

I feel like lunch time, needs a practise session :rofl:

1 Like

I did run it before, but very little. And with 90’s F1 cars. Against bad AI. :smiley: It’s a fun track, but like you say, really hard to learn. It feels very much like a driver’s circuit, like Gilles Villeneuve or Silverstone, where getting four corners right in a row gets you great sector times, but getting one of the four wrong buggers your whole lap.

Assetto Corsa and all 11 of the DLC Packs are on sale for the week over on Humble as part of their big Simulator Sale.

Great deal if you’re still wanting to grab the base game for ~R60, or if you want to fill out some of the DLC Packs that you might be missing.

~R25 for the Ready to Race Pack
~R20 for each of the 3 Dream Packs, the Ferrari 70th Pack, and the Red Pack
~R15 for each of the 3 Porsche Packs
~R6 for the Tripl3 Pack

There’s also a bunch of other racing and wheels games in the Simulator Sale as well - See both Project Cars, AC Competizione, KartKraft, Motorsport Manager, Spin Tires, even some American and European Truck Simulator stuff.

3 Likes

So I’m scheduled for load shedding from 16:00 until 20:30 so it will be on just in time to join - as long as the internet is up when the power comes back - it can be iffy.

1 Like

At least you are lucky, the power will only be off from 6 till 8:30 for you thanks to eskom trying to make traveling better

1 Like

That is a plus - only 2,5hrs of load shedding is nice when you’re used to 4,5hrs

1 Like

So we have 4 confirmed, 2 probably maybes, 2 MIA
I feel like I’m missing someone.

Sorry @Dragonic but it seems the race will be happening tonight =\ sucks that you are the only one.

@Dragonic if you didn’t live so damn far away, I’d offer a spare rig here :frowning_face:

1 Like

Haha damn yeah man.