Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

What wheel is it?

And, meanwhile, your mouse looks like it should also be considering laying assault charges!

:laughing:

3 Likes

Loooool, bro, if you recognise the mouse you will know how old it is.

3 Likes

And huge thanks to you too @Slinx for organising it, and for keeping us somewhat focussed on the racing, and for the server setups! Was a very fun series.

Overhead shot of Lap 1 at that corner…

3 Likes

Im trying to remember the name of that mouse now I know i had one!

I still miss that specific shape and those buttons on the side.

At least no one is driving in the wrong direction?

1 Like

MX518! Wow I havn’t seen one of those in ages. Dude that has to be like 15 years old by now?!

3 Likes

Lol yep. I think mine is about 12 years old I think. Got it at OC and I only started going to OC in 2007.

2 Likes

I like @oltman’s GT3 suggestion for a future series:

Either a similar single car sort of format to the Corona Cup but on longer circuits (say GP length) like Barcelona, Kyalami, Monza, Nurburgring, etc. Maybe do slightly longer races (10 min quali, 20 min Main race, and 20 min Reverse grid race) and only 2 per race session. Poll the potential participants for choice of car to use, or decide for us and tell us.

Or, something more endurance race style. Single circuit long races, with tyre wear, (reduced?) damage and pitstops as required on long race and road circuits. Bathhurst (6km), Monza 1966 (10km), Nordschleife (20km), Spa (7km), Highlands Road (8-12km), de la Sarth/Le Mans (13km), Black Cat County Road (6-11km). Let drivers choose their preferred GT3 car (maybe apply a little Balance of Power if need be.) One race per evening session, 20 mins quali, 60-90 minute races.

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s why it looks like it does! Legendary mouse.

I see these folks are selling an original for many numbers!

Meanwhile, the modernised “reboot” version can be had for under R1k:

1 Like

That reboot is what I want next :smiley:

1 Like

While we decide on what to do next, I’ve enabled “Time Attack” mode on both servers.
This allows for persistant leaderboards over at http://45.220.188.162:8772/live-timing and http://45.220.188.162:8773/live-timing respectively

Watkins Glen - A wild mix of very fast cars through the ages

Nordshliefe Tourist - GT3 and Supercars

1 Like

Okay so I think I want to join you guys in the next series. Seems like I missed out on some awesome racing in the MX5.

And I would like to suggest the GTE class of cars. Because of their speed, we should be able to drive on some excellent tracks like Suzuka and Spa and Monza etc.

2 Likes

Also, there is a Whatsapp Group for Sim racing we can use. I know @Oltman is an admin

2 Likes

Yeah I saw this when I googled my mouse now haha

2 Likes

Also my steering wheel seems to sit ok since it’s half clamped on to my mouse pad. But now I can’t get it to work. Detects in the OS but fokol input registration.

1 Like

Yeah, started a while ago and not really in use that much, but anyone is welcome!

I am keen for any GT3 / GTE type class for the next series. The problem with letting people choose their own car that we might have a big difference in performance. Poor @Slinx spent a lot of time getting the BOP right for the previous series.

I may suggest maybe just 2 or 3 cars in a class to make the BOP easier. Or we can stick to single car series in the category. Maybe a 911 cup car championship? You know what I mean?

Finally, I am also keen to do modern touring cars. They drive so different to real wheel drive cars!

2 Likes

I found GT4 cars. Maybe we can try those.

Apologies for the bad racing on Friday. Wasn’t having a good day with my pc.
Trying to restore visual settings.

Can I join that Whatsapp group?

For our next racing series :rofl:

2 Likes

Close enough to a taxi. Do they have taxis?

1 Like

Oh my gosh, a taxi series would be amazing!