Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

DM me your contact details and I’ll add you there. That goes for everyone as well.

1 Like

I must admit, I’ve not put any thought into the next season. I kinda just checked out of life and drowned myself in several dozen hours of Civ V over the past week and a bit…

Anyhow, lets gauge interest for the next season.

• GT4 - BMW Z4, Audi R8 LMS, Ginetta, etc. Sprint races.
  • GT3/GTE - Blancpain type series, longer races.
  • Open wheel - Tatuus, Skip barber, F3 (not the old coffins on wheels)
  • Smallboi - Abarth 500 (small, fun, faster than an MX5)
  • Vintage GT - 80’s 90’s (not sure sure which cars, but powerful, no assists, low traction)
  • Wack - Ford transit, Honda racing lawnmower (yes, really)
  • MX5 Corona Cup round 2
  • Something else

0 voters

Oh, and people seem to be putting up laptimes on the trackday server.

3 Likes

Looks like we have a winner. Season 3 of AC will be a GT3 event.

I’m currently looking to go for 40-60 minute races (30ish laps) with realistic fuel use and 200% tire wear. Mandatory pitstop.
All 3 cars below have the 3 tire compounds available so I might think about enforcing compound changes, but AC doesn’t natively support that, so we’ll see.

These are the most evenly matched GT3 cars, so the difference should lie only in their handling characteristics. There are differences in torque and I still need to test.

Ferrari 488 GT3 - 2.54kg/hp

Mclaren 650S GT3 - 2.48kg/hp

Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 - 2.49kg/hp

The track lineup will be all the GT circuits we know and love, Barcelona, Silverstone, Kyalami, Spa, Monza.

6 Likes

Hahaha, could’ve done this race in ACC, as all the cars and track are all there.

3 Likes

This is true, I don’t think everyone has the game though.
Ideally we should do GT3 in ACC and leave the more fun, less serious stuff to AC.

2 Likes

Actually will be interesting to do the comparison between ACC and AC in the GT3 cars. I haven’t driven any car digitally in such a long time that I’m super rusty, but would love to join and fail dismally.

1 Like

ACC is far superior, I can tell you that for a fact, and I haven’t even driven GT3 in AC in ages.

Many of us do have ACC (thanks to @aldyr)

The less “serious” racing in AC is a blast. The MX5 Corona Cup has been some of the most fun racing with some different and interesting tracks.

1 Like

Well I think if this turns out to be a success, we can use it as a platform to launch the ACC league, I know @Flex was trying to get this going, but the interest or enthusiasm wasn’t quite there.
I think it would be cool to run the AC and ACC leagues on alternating weeks.

How do we get a list of who has and doesn’t have ACC?

1 Like

Ask @GregRedd, he knows everyone on Steam.

I was reticent, because there is only so much time in the evenings to race. If we alternate, that would be great, because there would plenty of time for both.

You have the list of people for this league. So maybe ping them on the forum/discord/steam. Most of the people that replied in the ACC thread, now have the game.

Well not every one. Definitely enough in the ACC list though to at least start a league using it.

@FleX, @DarthMol, @DieGrootHammer, @Slinx, @Nosferatie, @oltman, @Deadlypinecone, some random named @Dragonic, and myself make a potential field of 9 :smiley:

That’s more than we had for F1 initially, and for the first AC events too.

I’d be happy to alternate weekly events in both games, so long as they don’t conflict with the F1 races every other week.

I think it would be very interesting (even if a little boring perhaps) to duplicate the league across the two games. Let @SlinX set up the league and all the events in ACorsa, and then have @Flex use the same cars, same circuits and the same order in ACC to race the next week. Would be interesting to compare performances between the two games if all else is equal.

3 Likes

Frankly ACC GT > AC GT. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am just keen to race, platform does not really matter. ACC is a GREAT game! But so is AC. And AC allows a lot more variety to race. So why not race other classes in AC and GT3 in ACC?

Should we start the ACC league after the Champion of Champions is complete?

4 Likes

I was thinking the same, ACC for GT3 and AC for other things. It’s just a matter of scheduling, which series to run when.
We could either run them side-by-side on alternate weeks, or alternate between ACC/GT3 and AC seasons, i.e. run a full contiguous season on ACC, followed by a full season of AC.

If we do go ahead and do GT3 in ACC excusively, the next AC season will be in the Abarth ^^

3 Likes

Looking forward to the abarth series! Still need to get ACC

2 Likes

Right, so over the weekend I got back into the driving seat and was playing around with some mods and stuff. By downloading a few mods and playing around, I setup a little bit of a challenge Le Mans style race that I think people can enjoy.

Le Mans is coming up, and while we are not enough people interested in it to drive a proper team for the whole 24 hours, luckily there are ways to simulate the greatest of all endurance events.

In AC, using Content Manager, Sol, Circuit de la Sarthe and 40 GTE cars, you too can test your metal in a mini Le Mans.

The race is 3 hours long (in real hours), but time continues on at 8 times faster, thus simulating a full 24 hour period. Dangerous night driving included thanks to the amazing Sol mod.

The preset can be found here:

https://acstuff.ru/s/qqiX

There is a massive difference in AI difficulty. Some are insanely quick, some are stupidly slow. Perfect for all kinds of skill levels. But change the base skill level to your liking.

4 Likes

When does this start?

I’m not exactly sure where to go from here to be honest, it’s been over 3 weeks since the last race and I really want to get something going this week.
So I shall hereby make an executive decision and start scheduling a GT3 season in AC. Speak now if you object.

ACC is up in the air as we don’t have a host (I have next to no exp setting up ACC events) and while @DieGrootHammer’s suggestion is good, I think we can have it as a once-off endurance event, possibly even in ACC. I shudder at the thought of getting everyone’s mods all sync’d up and working in one race without hours of tech support.

3 Likes

Brent. I’m keen on the GT3 but is it only going to be those 3 GT3 cars because of performance comparision. I would suggest using Sim Race SA ballast system as I made cars pretty even throughout the field.
I know it has nothing to do with MEW but just a heads up the SRA guys are starting a polo cup on Thursdays and BTCC on Sundays. I’m doing Robot Drag racing on Wednesdays. Currently the sim racing industry is overloaded with events. The sooner you jump on the bandwagon the better.

For ACC there are many many local teams/organisations running sanctioned series which will be good exposure for MEW to compete in. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes