Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Is there a central place to follow these events and find out how to get involved?

2 Likes

No central place. I did research trying to find local racing communities. Same way I found MEW. But now there are so many popping up thanks to Solidarity E-race. Most of them are on discord.

3 Likes

Someone should create a new topic and post links to all of these.

Also you guys make me want to buy Assetto Corsa and join. Stop that. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah sorry my event I shared was more for a once-off single player experience even, seeing as Le Mans is coming up and if people are anything like me they’d want to emulate the experience for themselves. Was not meant as a standalone multiplayer experience, but can be fun if the mods allow us.

3 Likes

I’ve setup a practice even at Spa. Lets get this circus on the road!

The format will be as follows:

• Practice : 120 minutes
  • Qualifying : 30 minutes
  • Race : 60 minutes + 1 lap

Tyre blankets: ON
Tyres: H/M/S
Tyre Wear Rate: 150%
Fuel Rate: 150%
Damage Multiplier: 50%

Cars

• Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Mclaren 650 GT3
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016

Tracks (subject to change)

• Monza
  • Kyalami
  • Spa
  • Watkins Glen
  • Laguna Seca
  • Silverstone
  • Redbull Ring
  • Barcelona

Please vote on which day to hold the first race, keep in mind that F1 is on Thursdays

• Satuday
  • Sunday
  • Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday

0 voters

@GregRedd When’s the cut-off for the Champion of Champions?

2 Likes

June 30th. But I’ll include only the part of the season (like we’re doing with F1) that’s done by then if there’s been at least 3 races with at least 3 drivers in each. Otherwise, we can use these standings for the new Champion of Champions competition.

2 Likes

I only see 3 cars, does the server need a refresh?
I need to get the Ferarri still. Will check later which pack that is, think it’s the Red Pack?

1 Like

I’ll replace the Ferrari with the Audi for now.

1 Like

Not bad, I mean I’m pretty kak at racing but I think the cars are quite similar. First I thought the McLaren was better than the Porsche, but after getting used to the track and the cars I went back to the porsche and did a better time than in the McLaren(I spun out at the last corner but my Delta said it would have been 2:32/2:31)

Now I wait for the others to post their 2:20 times

Also, after a few tries I finally got eau rouge somewhat right.

3 Likes

You cut that gatsby in 18 pieces, nooit

3 Likes

hhahahaha a sliver each.
Also notice how I have 0 cuts with the Audi, that’s because by that time I was quite used to the track and the cars.

1 Like

Porsche is uncharacteristically easy to drive. Mclaren is twitchy. Audi is what you get when you turn grey solid interior plastic into a car: uninspiring.

1 Like

The first race of the series will be on Tuesday at Spa.
I’m including a long practice session so we can go straight from prac to quali without interruptions.

Time and Date

• Practice : 120 minutes 2020-06-09T16:00:00Z
  • Qualifying : 30 minutes 2020-06-09T18:00:00Z
  • Race : 60 minutes + 1 lap 2020-06-09T18:30:00Z

Rules

• Tyres: Hard/Medium/Soft
  • Tyre Blankets: ON
  • Tyre Wear Rate: 125%
  • Fuel Rate: 150%
  • Damage Multiplier: 50%

Cars

• Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Mclaren 650 GT3
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016

Tyre and fuel tips

====================

An hour long stint at Spa is about 25ish laps, here are the compound stats.
After some testing I found that you definitely don’t want to be driving around the “low grip” mark.
For me, the mediums are just under 2 seconds (edit: after more testing, 0.8s) slower than the softs, I never tested the hards, but I guess you could assume they are a further 1-2 seconds slower than the mediums.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.06.07 - 03.02.52.25_crS Desktop Screenshot 2020.06.07 - 03.03.01.53_crM Desktop Screenshot 2020.06.07 - 03.03.09.31_crH

Fuel, 120 litres will get you 21 laps.
5.71 l/lap

@Dragonic @aldyr @GregRedd @oltman @Beemerstein @DarthMol @DieGrootHammer @Avatar @GerhardNiemand

6 Likes

Looks good @SlinX! Thanks for setting this one up again. Any chance you’ll be able to configure one of your servers with the cars and settings and leave it on Spa in case we can squeeze a bit of pre-Practice practice in? Would be a lot easier (for us, not you maybe :grinning:) if all the parameters were already set up, rather than having to manually set them each time in offline sessions.

Either way, looking forward to it!

2 Likes

It’s already up lol. That’s where I set my times on that I posted

4 Likes

4 Likes

It feels like @SlinX is giving away trade secrets here! Then it made me think that he is just leading us astray! Now I have so much doubt!

3 Likes

Ok so we need to refuel during the pitstop. I’m assuming that for example with the softs you’ll have medium grip until about 11 laps when it degrades to low grip.

Now to figure out how much refueling can be done in the time it takes to change tyres.

4 Likes

It’s not really “untill 11 laps” it’s more of a gradient. You’d probably want to start thinking about changing them on lap 8 or 9.
As a rule of thumb, safe fuel levels are 50 for softs and 100 for mediums.
It also all depends on your driving style and what you’re comfortable with.
I suggest putting in some practice to figure out what works for you.

I’m using the ProTyres mod for the tire info, it packs a whole lot of info into a compact display.

5 Likes

OK guys, just a heads up… THIS IS NOT THE MX-5 CUP!

This crap be hard yo!!

I took a few cars out today and I have to admit that the Porsche is just the smoothest of the lot!

3 Likes