Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

So that was a nightmare.

The Audi’s dominated up front. Well done to @aldyr for his win, stayed frosty up front, leading most of the race.
@oltman grabbing 2nd and bagging both bonus points as well, and then there’s me who somehow ended up on the podium after some life-ending crashes. After my crash with Jay, I had to limp to the pits with my wheel at 90 degrees.

Adelaide Results

# Name Car Points
1 aldyr inc Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 25
2 oltman Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 20 pole fastest lap
3 SlinkY Ferrari 488 GT3 15
4 Jay De Villiers Audi R8 LMS 2016 12
5 Dragonic Mclaren 650 GT3 10
6 GeezMo786 Mclaren 650 GT3 8
7 Greg Redd Audi R8 LMS 2016 6

Driver Standings after Race #9

# Driver Rating Points Actions
1 SlinkY B 3190 168 PENALTIES
2 aldyr inc B 3324 145 PENALTIES
3 DieGrootH@mmer B 2258 114 PENALTIES
4 DarthMol B 3314 110 PENALTIES
5 Beemerstein B 2065 109 PENALTIES
6 oltman B 2639 84 PENALTIES
7 Dragonic C 2399 50 PENALTIES
8 Jay De Villiers B 1484 46 PENALTIES
9 Greg Redd C 2590 39 PENALTIES
10 Matthew van der Merwe B 2221 30 PENALTIES
11 GeezMo786 C 731 15 PENALTIES

Everyone except aldyr took massive saftey rating hits after that one :sweat_smile:

Simresults

For the final race of the season, we’re headed to Germany to take on the Nürburgring GP.

1st and 2nd are pretty much a guarantee for myself and aldyr at this point, but the battle for the final spot on the championship podium is still very much on. Only 5 points separating 3, 4, and 5!

4 Likes

“Don’t drive kak” my arse! :rofl: Despite the kak circuit, still fun to take a slow, leisurely drive around the Adelaide Park while you youngsters do your drift hooning drag racing, or whatever you call it these days :smiley:

Can we do the Nürburgring GP (GT) layout please? That one has the slight variation in the chicane just before the final turn that makes it a little easier to navigate (and it’s faster for you lot!)

3 Likes

That’s the nice layout.

I think I won through attrition. Didn’t spin once, though I did wobble twice like a runway poppie on 4” heels :high_heel:
That was the Argentina of race tracks. Nobody liked it.

4 Likes

:smiley:

5 Likes

Hahaha!

1 Like

Congrats to everyone. I missed the race yet again, this time due to my house being full of family for my uncle’s funeral. I even missed the MNR race on Monday.

4 Likes

I enjoyed that race, mostly due to the chaos and the fact that I almost got 3rd, but 11 minutes is not enough to be 26s clear of @SlinX and Jay.

2 Likes

The last 10 minutes were (was?) pretty hectic. Myself and Jay catching Dragonic while crashing into each other, and then having oltman overtaking all 3 of us while we’re battling for 3rd. At one point I think we went 3 wide around a corner that’s 2 and a half cars wide :joy:

That was the only redeeming battle of that entire race for me.

2 Likes

Hahahah this was brilliant. Also that was Oltman with us and I raced him, thinking it’s Jay XD

How we should have raced around the first few corners!

3 Likes

I told you these guys are absolutely nuts, bumper to bumper from braking zone to corner exit!

3 Likes

Nothing like a barbie and a slab for brekky before, a couple of bruces in some bent 8’s, duke it out till a stack or you’re buggered. Fair dinkum, would never race that asheflt IRL

2 Likes

Sorry I missed last night’s race. I was kak tired and took a nap and only woke up at 10pm. But from what I see it was a pretty difficult track. Congrats @aldyr on the win bud and WOOOOOOOOWWWWW @oltman came 2nd like holy sheet bro. Finally a monkey off your back. ACC is making you drive better now. Not so kak anymore hey. Hi uncle @GregRedd.

4 Likes

Thanks @Beemerstein! It felt good!

1 Like

They’ve added this table to server manager recently(ish)
A nice summary of the results so far.

1 Like

Close racing on Tuesday.

@Dragonic @SlinX

4 Likes

Looks like you guys had an interesting and eventful race, sorry to have missed it, but then again not sorry as we had an awesome camping trip :smile:

That was amazing. @SlinX ran wide and I was like, I can redeem myself! Then I look to the right and here was Jay(@oltman) too :laughing:

1 Like

Was hoping to do a practice lap or two during lunch and wanted to confirm the circuit and settings. But… :frowning:

@SlinX, we’re definitely doing Nürburgring tomorrow, right? Don’t want to waste time practicing on it and then finding out tomorrow we’re actually racing somewhere else…

3 Likes

Yes, we’re racing at the Nurburgring tomorrow. I haven’t got around to seeing up the practice session yet. It will be up by this evening.

3 Likes