Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

1. Practice makes perfect. Go onto a track and try out different braking zones, different lines and different corner speeds to find the place you are most comfortable with.

2. Understand all of a corner’s components and how and where to place you car on all parts. This will be braking zone, turn in, apex, turn out, corner out. Each part will require different inputs. Play around during practice to find what you are comfortable with in each section.

3. Consistency is far better than outright speed. A driver that is fast over one lap only will always lose against a person that can hit the same laptimes lap after lap.

4. You WILL make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Just go with it, learn from them, and get back onto the track.

5. Always take it easy for the first 3 laps of any race. Brake earlier, coast when your directly behind a driver, give enough space and wait for them to make mistakes.

Definitely points I can also learn from as I’ve been guilty of not following them, but will help I believe.

5 Likes

I love all the advice, but I’ve read it all and I’m still slow. Send help.

3 Likes

After reading it, now you need to practice it :stuck_out_tongue:
Also just realise, people like you and me and maybe Greg(unless he is just plain kak) are new to this, the rest of these guys are pretty seasoned racers, unless we have some wonder kids. I’ve learned to not be too hard on myself(eventhough I obviously am) because I only started properly driving these sim games this year.

Also, I might have to sit out tonight’s opening race. Will let you guys know if that changes. But kinda doubt it.

2 Likes

The benefit of being the driver behind is that you’ve got a car to follow in terms of driving line, braking, accelerating etc. Some of my fastest laps in a race have been when I get lapped by an alien driver and I get to follow him for a lap and a bit (if I’m able to keep up enough).

This, whenever I get lapped, I try my best to stick with them as long as possible.

What always surprises me, is how much time you’re able to gain when you drive smoothly. AC benefits from this. ACC is even more sensitive. Dirt Rally 2.0, by contrast, you can floor it through a stage, cutting corners and being on the edge of control, and as long as I kept my average speed up, it works, even it wasn’t elegant. Watch @DieGrootHammer or @SlinX, and you notice it immediately, everything is smooth and deliberate.

1 Like

I am just plain kak. But at least I’m consistently kak. :cry:

1 Like

Whoah, whoah, let’s not get hasty here!

Nah, I’m just not that great, don’t really have enough time to practice often, but I’m quite alright with that. I’m happy with holding the rear :smiley:

3 Likes

If I can stay with you lot for a sector, I’d be happy!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t forget about me :rofl: I’m a lockdown born and bred sim racer :rofl:

3 Likes

I had a look at the different liveries, and THIS is my favourite part:

@GregRedd

Note to those who have custom wheel rim colours: you also need to add a file called “wheel2.dds” or you lose colour during movement:

1 Like

How did you actually change the wheel colour?

@GerhardNiemand Do this, but for the wheels.

Regarding the racing tonight, it will go something like this.

• Qualifying @ 8PM
  • Race 1 - Croft
  • Race 2 - Croft (top 10 places reversed and half points)
  • Race 3 - Goodwood (finishing grid from race 2)
  • Race 4 - Goodwood (top 10 places reversed and half points)

I’m doing this completely differently than before, so things are bound to horribly wrong. Just bear with me.

I’ll probably use the championship order for the next “Race 1” 's and lengthen each race to 20 minutes, so no more qualifying, just racing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be able to race tonight which is a bummer.
@oltman are you streaming tonight? Send me link please.

It’s the only way to tell that I am actually moving, so I’m leaving it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Like @Slinx said, I used the CM paint shop thing and then spent way too much time playing with rim colour to get it to work. Only to find out from Oltman that I didn’t do it very well anyway. :slight_smile:

Sheesh, in that case you are doing really well.

2 Likes

Livestream: https://fb.watch/1GATzMt1nv/

1 Like

Nice racing guys, I had a few good battles there, feels like Corona Cup again :smiley:

I’m not posting results for each race, you can view them here, just scroll all the way down to see them.

Championship standings after round 1

# Driver Rating Points
1 Kelvin Andrews B 4170 61
2 Christopher Long Provisional 60
3 Gerhard Niemand Provisional 50
4 Graham Mol B 3963 38
5 Brent A 4110 36
6 Oltman Botha B 3140 26
7 Exavia Gordon C 3003 21
8 Mogamat Jacobs C 518 20
9 Hernus Basson Provisional 19
10 Avatar Provisional 14