Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Like aldyr said, this is more of a sprint race series. It will be the 3rd season of the Corona Cup, you can find some highlights of the previous seasons if you scroll up, to get a feel of the vibe.

It’s not really meant to be taken that seriously, but that doesn’t mean the racing isn’t intense.

That sounds awesome!

These GT legends cars are so damn sexy man

5 Likes

Where can I download them? They do look fantastic.
Edit: ignore, I see the link above :wink: I’m lagging again

1 Like

1 hour to go guys!

2 Likes

Just leaving this here:

4 Likes

Adelaide you say?

1 Like

I tested most of the cars yesterday for ATCC, about 3-4 laps. They all have something to bring to the party. Some are faster on the straights, but are correspondingly shit in the twisties. Some have weird gearing, BMW or Jaguar. Some have lift off oversteer, I’m looking at you newer Holden :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Some are twitchy, some are boatey. It seems they all have bad points, so you kind of have to learn to deal with the it, and enjoy the good points. There’s something to suite every drivers style here.

The only thing is, the badly geared cars, definitely need to be able to change the gearing. I didn’t check if that’s possible, else they would just come dead last, after every straight.

Overall, it’s a quality car pack for assetto corsa. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I figured I’d try the GT Legends since you already had a go at ATCC.

I’ve only driven 2 around Donington Park so far, and they are a TON of fun to chuck around.
I tried the Capri and the Porsche 906, after a couple laps in each, I posted times within a tenth of each other. They are like polar opposites to drive, so that’s pretty impressive.

I have yet to try ATCC, but I can say that the GT Legends are a handful, very little grip. The Capri especially, it’s a Cortina that goes to the gym.
They might be just outside the scope of the Corona Cup, we’d be fighting the cars instead of each other most of the time.

Since I am new here I don’t yet know the history of the Corona cup. Does it have to be older cars? Does it have to be different cars? There are options like the Btcc cars, nice and close performance wise, but relatively new. And slow. But for close racing single car types is probably best?

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be older cars, it just so happens that they are much more fun than the stiff, traction controlled, ABS’d modern ones.
The previous 2 seasons were same spec cars, first the MX-5, then the Lotus Cortina.

There are no high quality 90’s BTCC mods available for AC. This is why I’m looking at the ATCC cars, they all have different engines, aero and handling, and are from the 90’s.

Plus it’s more fun to accidentally tandem drift around a hairpin with someone you are trying to overtake :smile:

Running different cars in the same class just makes it more interesting IMO.

1 Like

Absolutely, different cars in same class (with matched performance) is first prize!

ETA: and agreed on older cars being more fun than modern. I just find that modern cars get more attention, so are in my (albeit limited experience) more consistently high quality. But my experience racing with the Lotus 49 shows how much fun the old can be.

1 Like

Okay, I’m going ahead with ATCC, otherwise we will be testing different cars forever. I’ll keep the Mini, the TC Legends and the GT Legends for another day.

Registrations are open, first 4 races will be on Tuesday starting @ 8PM. (should we maybe change this to 7PM for an earlier finish?)

Format will be 2 tracks, 2x 15min races per track, 2nd race at each track will be reverse grid for half points.

I highly recommend you test out the cars before registering, as they all drive slightly differently, but are pretty equal on pace.

I’m going to try and implement ballasts as well, in true touring car spirit. I’ll see how well it works for the the first round and take it from there.

2 Likes

From my side, I prefer the 8pm starts, 7pm is “get baby to sleep time” for me.

3 Likes

Fix your VR headset

1 Like

Lol yes, this too :rofl:
I need to smooth out the damn 3D prints. Struggling to get this thing to fit.

Will we be allowed to change cars at all or must we choose the one we want to use for the whole season up front, which is why you’re recommending we test before registering? I’m assuming the second, so an chance can get another circuit or two after Riverside to do some test laps please?

Same for me

Okay, will stick to 8PM start.

I’d prefer you stick to one car. Maybe I should introduce a 10 point penalty for changing cars to discourage it :stuck_out_tongue:

I can change the practice track, no problem, any preferences?

1 Like

Penalty points for changing your car sounds like a great idea!

Any circuits you want to put on the Practice server are fine. Any way to add 2 or 3 on an hourly rotation perhaps?

2 Likes