Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

I said it before and I’ll suggest it again: random cars, single model for an evening, maybe 2 tracks. Sort of an open fun evening where there’s a list of cars in a pool, and randomly select a car that day. Pool of cars can go from F1, to skippies, to supercar, to GT4, to a punterino shed. Vote on it. Different enough to be a unique experience, short enough not to throw people off their regular league cars’ feel. Discord is mandatory, bring 3 dad jokes.

5 Likes

Do it and stream!!!

1 Like

What a great season! Sorry (and very sad) I couldn’t join the final race. I am signing up a new client, and moving into a new office (luckily on the same floor of the building) so work has been all consuming. :frowning:

Congrats Aldyr, that was a very well deserved championship win! And 'grants to everybody else too!

I will be printing the trophies soon. Who should get the broken car trophy? :laughing:

4 Likes

My tuesdays are so quiet, and my wife hasn’t screamed at me for speaking loudly after she’s gone to sleep in ages. #feelsbad

3 Likes

Things are in motion, apologies for the delays.
I’m busy upgrading the various Server Managers and sorting out the next Endurance race.
My AC seems to be broken as well, which doesn’t help the situation.

3 Likes

We all know what @aldyr is really trying to tell us: “Please start a Formula 1 league in Assetto Corsa!”

4 Likes

Are you @#$^(&! mad

5 Likes

Test server is up. 3 flavors of Mini to try out, 2 old and 1 new.
Let’s get this thing going!

@jaydogg86 @GregRedd @aldyr @Stromlo @Dragonic @DarthMol @GeezMo786

Let’s get some more victims drivers on the grid as well.

3 Likes

My is AC is still broken, so you guys will have to let me know if things are not working and stuff.

1 Like

Is the server still up? Can’t see anything

I just checked myself, don’t see it.

1 Like

We going to do backflips?

1 Like

Had family over, and that’s the car he chooses. Terrible drive, stay away

Sorry, the power was being worked on today, everything had to be down. Then I played Valheim for 6 hours straight and forgot to turn them back on :grimacing:

2 Likes

I don’t know what Valheim is, but the fact that it kept you away form your server duties makes me hate Valheim…
Die you pesky Viking vermon…

2 Likes

My Assetto Corsa is fixed!

WTF even is this setting and why does enabling it after 5 years fix my game somehow? :expressionless:

2 Likes

Come on guys… Make. This. Happen. Already.

His title is deceptive…

1 Like

Tried out those mini’s last night. The old mini’s aren’t that great with the default settings. They go from extreme oversteer to extreme understeer. The seating position in VR is terrible, and the driver model actually has the camera behind the neck, so you find yourself looking into someone’s beheaded neck pipe :upside_down_face: everytime you load into the server. The whine from the drivetrain is loud and needs some :cheese: When braking, the car feels like a boat, even though it’s shorter than Joe Pesci, but with have you swearing the same way. Eventually I found a decent tune, that stopped the pendulum effect, but really, it’s a rather tiring annoying drive. #donotwant

The JCW Mini though, is excellent. My benchmark for a good FWD race car, in Assetto Corsa, is the Abarth. The JCW Mini is like a playful version of that. Easy to drive. It’s a tad oversteery, but not too much. Screaming engine. Sequential gearbox. Has enough nuance in the handling, to steer the car with the brake pedal, not quite as easily as the Abarth, but not difficult by any means. And that’s great. You pay attention, you can hit your apex’s well, and going fast is easy. A laps in concentration, and it will keep the race interesting.

5 Likes

I just got my invitation to SimRacing.GP!

Now I need to see how easy it is to set up leagues and once off races!

3 Likes