Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

Ooooh okay, got it. A few people have chosen a skin that’s already taken, kind of annoying that you can’t see whats already been used.
I’ll switch it out for you, no problem :ok_hand:

1 Like

Legend!

2 Likes

Greetings all,
Joined because wrote off my car in Dirt Rally 2.0 event.
Just bought this game, really want to try out this circuit racing.
Out here waiting on approval.
Regards

5 Likes

Done and done.

With regards to starting out with AC, @aldyr made a wiki type post on essential mods and stuff. If only I could find it…

2 Likes

Sorry, I completely forgot about DLC’s and things.

To the new guys, the Porsche we are driving is part of the Porsche Pack 1 DLC

1 Like
3 Likes

I think perhaps, an Assetto Corsa topic about tips, apps, mods and tracks, is in order. I’ve toyed with the idea for months, but there’s so much to choose from.

4 Likes

Just over 300 practice laps done so far, I’m impressed!

Median time is around 1:29.5 (half of drivers’ fastest laps are above and below that time)

That track is gorgeous. Easy to learn, tough to master. Tried some road cars on it, and it always brings a smile to my face.

Err… if you have the Sol installed, drive it at night, but turn on Heavy Thunderstorms. So so cool, coming over a blind crest in Pitch Black, only to have a lightning strike light up the night sky and tree silhouettes, then drop back to inky blackness.

And here I have done a grand total of 0.
Hopefully I will grab some time tonight to get some practice in.

Don’t worry, I’ve only done a handful of laps myself

1 Like

I’ve done about 5 offline just to make sure the track works :grinning:

1 Like

@SlinX I accidentally banned @WarRack101 from the server. Can you unban him?

1 Like

Haha! I feel like there is a story behind this incident!

1 Like

2 Likes

you exposed me, was just checking that the barriers are solid before the race.

1 Like

Someone has to

when you telling yourself, I think i know where im losing time let have one more run, and overlord @the9avenger9 decides “no i dont think you will”

1 Like

Obligatory copy/paste of event info email

Thank you for taking part in our 2nd Endurance Event

Remember that this is a friendly community event. Keep in mind that the drivers taking part are of a wide skill range, so no bullying, no driving people off the track, when in doubt, give plenty of space, all that good stuff.

Server Details

The server name is “MEW Racing League Endurance Series Round 2 - Road Atlanta 3h”

No password required as we use the registration system.

The server name will change slightly based on the current session.

For a live view of the track, drivers and lap times, visit the server manager live timing page. You can find other info here as well, including session results.

The server will be in perpetual practice mode and will switch to the qualifying and race sessions at the appropriate times.

Please make sure you are able to join the server and everything works on your end before the race, I can’t assist with troubleshooting on race day.

Rules and Regulations

I’m going to relax a bit on the rules following the previous event and kind of just let things happen.

There will be two qualifying sessions of 1 hour each.
This is just to allow time for those with prior commitments.
You will be allowed to join either one, or both if you choose. Fastest time overall will be used to form the final grid.
Failing to qualify will have you starting at the back of the grid in the order that you registered.

The race session will be up 15 minutes before the start (1:45PM) and there will be a further 5 minutes “grid up” time before lights out at approximately 2:05PM.

Please join the MEW discord http://bit.ly/mew_discord and be in the Race Radio channel in the 15 minutes leading up to the race. I would just like to confirm all drivers are ready to go. You may then switch to your own comms for the race, or remain in the channel (where there will most likely be a lot of friendly banter), or whatever you choose.

I will only be reviewing incidents if they are reported. I doubt this will even be necessary.

The race session can be restarted if there are major incidents on lap 1 involving multiple cars. If you are caught up in a big incident in the first couple corners, please notify me in the discord voice channel (not in-game text chat, I won’t see it). I don’t always see everything on track and will need to rely on you guys for this.

If you are involved in an incident, please, please, please make an effort to hold your brakes so that your car doesn’t roll across the track. This makes it much easier for oncoming traffic to avoid you.

Practice your pitstops. You will need to pit for fuel during the race, however there are not mandatory pitstop requirements for tyre changes.

Please be mindful of blue flags, faster drivers could be racing each other behind you and might try to overtake very aggressively, it’s up to you to get out of their way as soon as possible. Ideally, lift off and pull off the racing line to allow them through.

Most importantly, enjoy it! See you on track!

If you know of anyone that would still like to join, they will have until noon on Sunday to register. This is a hard cut-off as I cannot restart the server after this time.

For more information about upcoming events, have a look at the racing topics on the MEW forum

4 Likes

Reminder, replay quality down to high from ultra, then up the max size, to make sure it can save the full replay length of over 3 hours.

4 Likes