Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

It’s on bois, registration will open this evening.

4 Likes

Im gonna share this! (If you dont mind)

You may!
I’m going to share via my usual channels and post more details later.

1 Like

I will share to Sagamer and another group of friends who really wanna start the racing

1 Like

Any more info I can add to the post?

Endurance Race Information

link

Liveries:

The Mustang is the only car with multiple liveries, and set this race to not allow duplicates.
So if you want a non-blank/white skin, you will have to submit your own before registering for the event.

We will be using the following skin packs, but you are welcome to submit your own

Cars/skins are first come, first serve. There’s no limit on the number of any one particular car that can be entered.

Cars:

GT4 Pack
Some cars will be getting BoP’ed, namely the McLaren, so keep that in mind if you drive it and it’s a half second faster than anything else.
Setups will not be locked

Practice:

The practice server is open for all, and will run up until the race session starts.

Qualifying:

Qualifying will take place in 2 rounds, 1 on Friday evening and 1 on Saturday afternoon.
You will only be able to join 1 session so that everyone gets a fair hour of qualifying.
The results will be combined to make up the starting grid.
You have to submit a qualifying time in order to be placed on grid. I’m giving everyone 2 opportunities for this, so don’t miss out.

Race:

There will be a 30 minute warm-up session directly before the race that will automatically transition to the main race at 12PM.
There are no mandatory pitstop requirements.
Continuous track cuts will lead to drive through penalties
Car-on-car collisions will noted and penalised after the race.

Required Apps:

Helicorsa
Realpenalty

3 Likes

What to choose :thinking:

1 Like

Think I’ll post on my whatsapp to see if any arb people come out of the woodwork. Not that I’m popular :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yoh throwback to when I used to frequent there back in the 3DS days

1 Like

Great poster @Slinx! So looking forward to this!

2 Likes

Did a few laps with each of the cars. There was no Porsche or Aston Martin on the server for some reason? The Cayman especially deserves a chance.

1. McLaren is WAY too fast, I agree. But it also drives really well!
  2. The Merc was very understated in performance, but ended up being a blunt instrument. Felt really slow, but managed to get a few sectors together. Only ever uses 5 gears.
  3. Supra drove so well, it felt light and you can brake very late.
  4. Audi felt nice and stable, but it was maybe just too different to the others. Felt like it should have had better times.
  5. Mustang drove like an American V8… Loose and loud. Has potential in the right hands.
  6. The BMW felt like it was way more advanced compared to the other cars, but I jut could not get the laps down. Someone here who is a better driver will kick our butts with the M4.
  7. Ginetta. Junk. Only did 1 lap before I realised it wont work. Right hand drive and the pillar blocks about 90% of the corners. Needs replacing.

EDIT: Seems @aldyr and I agree on quite a few cars :wink:

So, custom liveries? Yes or no?

4 Likes

That is Most….

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Seems like someone didn’t read :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I registered a plain white livery thinking I won’t have time to do anything else, but think I’m going to ask @SlinX to cancel my registration, and try to do something today seeing as I can’t do much of anything else without an internet connection…

2 Likes

Okay, no problem. I can also assign it manually once you’ve sent it to me, like we do in the Corona Cup.

2 Likes

Whichever is easier for you. I won’t be changing cars from the Merc, so leave the reg in place and apply the skin later is 100% fine.

2 Likes

I need to test out the cars still. Think I will do it tonight after the race, but looking at @aldyr’s and @oltman’s reviews it will probably be the Supra.

1 Like

Yes, with only 1 livery per car, definitely make your own (also, RTFM :stuck_out_tongue: )
P.S. I might just make a bunch of blank skins in different colours, so that there’s always something to default to if people are not interested in making skins. If I have time I’ll make a standard MEW skin, like I did with the Cortinas.

The McLaren will get nerfed.

Sounds like it needs to go as well… I’ll probably replace it with the Porsche on the test server so we can get some times up.

1 Like

If I don’t come up with something myself, maybe I’ll take a Gulf Supra(since I unofficially am the Gulf guy now)

2 Likes

For some reason, the only proper template file (Photoshop file, with layers, and a wireframe) that I can find in my GT4 downloads is for the Aston. Checked the mega download link folder and it’s the only one there too. I can’t find templates for any of the others either in my original download or online anywhere else. Does anyone have any ideas where they might be, or where I should be looking for them?

I’m going to start lassoing shapes and making my own, but if you do come across actual templates, please zip and share just the Merc one with me (still am fibreless at home, so can’t download huge files with all the cars in them.)

1 Like