Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

I feared it might come to this… McLaren too OP

1 Like

Finally broke into the 2.14’s with the Supra :grin: but man does it want to drift when you brake late. I want a real Supra now. That car is my spirit animal

1 Like

The problem with trying to balance these cars is that we all naturally get faster the more we drive this circuit :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Last times, I’m done. I think learning the bumps and dips mid corner, helped to go faster.

• Still think the M4 shouldn’t have ballast. Oh also, you can’t see out the window with the sunset/sunrise in your face. It’s difficult to keep that consistency.

• Poor Audi isn’t fast enough.

• There is also loads of time to gain from the Mustang, if you can wrestle the car through the chicanes.

• The Supra is still excellent, but that’s also after 22 laps with ballast, and i happened to have a near perfect 2nd sector, which is why it’s so far up the results.

Over to @Dragonic for some more reference stats, when he gets to it.

2 Likes

If @aldyr does a 2:12.836 WITH ballast, and I do a 2:15.438 WITHOUT ballast, how can you possibly blame the car???

ugh, I was going to last night but decided to do some Dirt runs first. after that, the server had 6 mins left. waited it out but turns out it takes a while before switching to the next session. Finally started and after 2 cars(R8 and M4), I started feeling sleepy.

Current times so far, although I need to see my time with the Supra now that it has Ballas.
Tonight, I try again.

1 Like

I think @slinx took away its ballas… It got neutered.

1 Like

I think what might be happening is that the McLaren gets faster with more ballast lol. More traction in the corners and more braking performance maybe?

As a last ditch effort, I increased it to 50kg and added a 5% restrictor.

If it’s still the fastest after this, I’ll have to remove it.

I increased the Supra’s ballast to 45kg as well.

@aldyr I just remembered that I turned the grip up to 100% (from 95), that might have taken up to 1 second per lap off your times.

Well now we’re stuck testing with 100% grip then, else it won’t be apples to apples.

It will be like comparing slippy apples to grippy apples (I may have had too much coffee today)

1 Like

I guess I need to restart my livery for the Merc…

2 Likes

Automan 1984, modernised for 2021 graphics.

1 Like

Had the same weirdness when I started doing mine… :confused:

2 Likes

@SlinX While I sit here eating my scooby snacks, I’m wondering if the car list and the bloody ballast is now set? I’d like to register, and start fiddling with setups, and fuel stuff.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m going to have to stick this one out as I am now scheduled to work

1 Like

Finally managed runs on all the cars, and obviously as I got to my last car I started getting even better times.

Is is just me or is the Supra more slippy(even so I set a better time than my previous best)? or is it coz I drove it after the porsche. That being said, I might actually go for the porsche, can brake so late and it handles well. Camaro is fast but scares me a little(and I still set a good time with it), the mustang I can’t deal with.

2 Likes

The steering wheel rotation on the Supra is quite low compared to the other cars. At least that’s how I found it, so it’s easier to overdo the input into a corner.

The Porsche is great, nice and agile. I wasn’t sure at first about the Camaro, steering is heavy but the power is awesome, it requires a different style of driving that I don’t normally do. I’m actually finding that quite fun.

I drove the Supra first before the ballast and it felt great. But I may perhaps been deceived by the great handling of the Porsche. Once I calmed down a bit in the Supra I was able to turn my 2:21:xx into a 2:18:xx But I had to really be carefull.

1 Like

In other news, the race is in 6 days and we only have 1 person registered. Granted we don’t know what we want to drive but might scare off people that don’t frequent here.
I’m going to register after tonight, will be testing again between the Porsche and the Supra. and then bite the bullet whether I’m happy or not.

2 Likes