Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

Okay, since I’ve always wanted to do an endurance race here, and I found a pretty high quality version of it, we’re going to be racing Daytona Road Course.

The Ginetta is a fun little car, but too slow for this track.
New car line up:

• BMW M8 GTE
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7R
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
  • Porsche 911 RSR 2017

Power to weight differs between these cars a bit, so i’ll try and tweak balance of power, otherwise I’ll just remove the ones that don’t fit.

Practice server is up.

Provisional date for the race is 27 October, 7PM-10PM

1 Like

Nice! Should be a lot of fun.

I’ve put the Daytona file on Google Drive too, in case anyone else gets a odd connection to the Media Fire download.

1 Like

Hmm, after looking around a bit, I think that BMW is a paid mod from United Racing Design although I can’t confirm 100%.

Does anyone know how paid mod licencing works? does each person need to buy it in order to drive it? If 1 person on a server drives it, everyone else will need to have the mod installed to be able to join the server anyway.

United Racing Design has a pack of 4 GTE cars and they are all Kunos quality, I actually wouldn’t mind buying them as long as every driver doesn’t need to buy them too. (Technically I know I could just buy and share the files)

One other thing, how do we go about promoting this? I’m going to make a little promo poster this evening, but I have no promotion skills, I put all my stats into sim racing :sweat_smile:

Maybe ask the boys at MNR(or ask Azure there) if it’s ok to post it? Otherwise, we give to beemer to post on his end?

1 Like

So on the topic of buying cars, I would much rather prefer to stick with wither free mod content or with current AC cars available. While the GTE class in AC is rather slim pickings, we can always go one step higher to LMP2 or go one step down to GT3 cars. Both represented well within the free and available content space. With LMP2 we can even go spec series and have everyone drive the same car. I would suggest keeping things simple and as free as possible for it to relate to the next point, promotion.

There are channels on the Raceface and MNR Discord servers where other leagues and other series can advertise once off events like this. I know many of the people do like a bit of endurance racing and I’m sure they would want to participate. But this means that you need to coordinate the list of mods within a larger group of people from outside of MEW, and many of those people will not want to pay for mods in a game where most mods are free.

2 Likes

I completely get this, I’m not expecting anyone to pay for mods just to join a 1-off race.

I actually like the idea of a spec series, where we all drive the same car. As for which car, I dont mind.

They have some amazing mods! I suspect that the server and all drivers will have to have the mod installed at least. Paid mods are just a normal mod file, hidden behind a pay window. So if I were to buy the latest RSS Formula 1 car, I can just share the .zip file with you guys.

But if I drive a mod, then everyone will have to install the mod for me to be seen. The server might actually download the mod to you like it does for the tracks. I can spend some time tonight to test it with you, @Slinx. I have a clean, unmodded version of AC on my PC after a crash, so this is the perfect time to test.

1 Like

Yes, everyone joining a server will need to install all the content whether they are using it or not. I know that much. I just wasn’t sure how paid mods work in that regard, but lets rather stick to what we have.
Also, my “install missing content” thing broke and I’ve not been able to fix it :pensive:

Is that server side? or you talking about client side?

It’s a server feature.

aaah now I understand why it’s no longer working for me hahaha. I thought it’s maybe track specific or something XD

I say we just do all Corvettes.

1 Like

8 Likes

Might I suggest, updating the first post with the info, for any newcomers. Lube up that registration process

2 Likes

That looks awesome! Well done! Want me to put this on the Discords to see if more people want to join?

2 Likes

You sure can, but I still need to setup the registration link.

@aldyr I was trying to find a way to sticky, but I guess I’ll just edit the top post.

1 Like

Done, I posted it in the MNR channel for now.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Are we only allowed to use the Vette?