Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

Google Forms works

Only Corvettes yes.
Server manager has a registration thing, Iā€™ll post the link when itā€™s up. I just need like a 30 min gap to set it all up.

1 Like

That looks damn good man. Have to test out that Corvette, I used the Porsche last night. Then did one lap in the Corvette, crashed into a wall and the car was broken, went to bed instead after that.

2 Likes

Registration is up.

Practice server up as well. Itā€™s called:
ā€œMEW Racing League - Race Weekend: Daytona 3h - Practice Session - rt_daytona https:ā€
for some reason

Oh, registrations take effect at the beginning of each 2 hour prac session, or just message me and Iā€™ll restart it.

edit: download links in CM seems to be working again

3 Likes

Another new feature, any broadcasters in the house?

2 Likes

12 registered so far :muscle:

4 Likes

Man, I am getting so amped for this!

2 Likes

Story of my life: finally crack a 1:50.8 and think I am doing pretty well. Then see @Slinx has done a 1:48ā€¦

Bummer!

4 Likes

You think Iā€™m fast?

Melvin has entered the chat

:cold_sweat:

5 Likes

lol RIP

1 Like

Damn, @DieGrootHammer is quick. Itā€™s going to be an interesting battle at the front of the pack, I need to practice my blue flag lines by the looks of it.

2 Likes

Any setup tips for the Corvette please? Really struggling to turn it into some of the tighter corners, and also canā€™t seem to slow it down without locking up more often than not.

Also, my disappearing Force Feedback issuing is still happening, so any ideas on that would also be appreciated. Itā€™s 100% perfect when I first start, but after I pit to add fuel or change tyres and then leave the pits, all the feedback is gone and the wheel is light as a feather. Much frustration.

1 Like

At least your wheel works. I still canā€™t get mine detected and I tried on both laptop and desktop. So I just gave up on the gameā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦ Car is as tail happy as a Labrador spotting itā€™s owner, and no matter how lightly I touch the brake pedal, I lock my fronts into the corner, destroying any chance of making it around on a normal line. This then causes me to steer in too hard, which, combined with aforementioned tail wagging, results in not-fun-times.

1 Like

Only thing I did was turn the brake power down to 90% it still locks up but at least you can push it a bit further. I also struggle with the turns but I noticed that I just have to slow down more, what I do is feather the brakes as I turn, somehow that helps, I dunno. Iā€™m sure a setup could probably help the turning issue but meh, setups are too technical for me.

1 Like

@GregRedd To help with lockups, move brake bias more rearwards, Iā€™ve got mine on 66. Lower brake power as well, this depends more on your pedal setup, but 90 works for me.
If you are still locking up, pump the brakes rather than keeping the pedal down, youā€™ll probably still overshoot slightly, but youā€™ll be able to rotate a lot more.
As for the FFB issue, Iā€™ve got nothing, thatā€™s sounds really strange, reinstall drivers?

@Avatar sounds like youā€™re turning in too suddenly, upsetting the balance of the car while slowing down. Try the brake settings and see if itā€™s still happening, otherwise, increase TC and maybe play around with the diff coast setting, lower for less oversteer while off the throttle. Lastly, just try to keep you car as straight as possible under braking.

2 Likes

I shared it on all social platforms.

Remember the Vette doesnā€™t have ABS brakes. These GTE class cars cannot be braked at 100% braking. Not talking about the brake power, but your pedal input. The trick is to keep the brakes at between 60 and 70% input. This is called threshold braking, and the best way to keep these cars under control. Keep open an indicator and check the amount of braking youā€™re applying. Try to keep it at 65%. When done correctly, the car will brake very hard without lockups.

The first few sharp corners youā€™ll have to be slower than you expect to be. The car is very rear happy, so turn up TC and ease unto the gas out of the corner. Only accelerate when the car is pointing down the straight and not turning anymore.

This car is a beast and needs to be treated with care. 3 hours is long and locking up and going in too fast into corners will keep you more in the pits than the road. Forget about setup and rather do a few slow laps getting used to the non-ABS braking, and massive amount of oversteer and tricky first corner. Then gradually add speed until you feel youā€™re losing control, then dail it back. That way youā€™ll find the perfect speed around corners where you can be consistent. And consistency is key for endurance racing.

1 Like

Thanks for all the advise guys - much appreciated. Will give all your suggestions a try later. Going to try to figure out the wheel issue first though, because thatā€™s the more irritating problem for me at the moment.

I have a feeling the Quali session this evening is going to turn into another desperately needed practice session :grinning:

Tried the car out. Quite nice. Just enough mid corner bumps in different lines through corners to make braking an ever changing adjusting task for 3 hours.

1 Like