Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Did you ever get to installing Content Manager for AC and trying it through there?

1 Like

Yup. Tried fiddling through there and eventually gave up and rage uninstalled it.

2 Likes

We will help, we are legion.

3 Likes

Welcome to Mew @GeezMo786! Make yourself at home, the cookies are missing, Im blaming @aldyr . . .

2 Likes

Thanks @ Wyvern I feel at home already :smiley:

1 Like

Great, we are a good bunch, except for all the cookies dissapearing…

Make yourself at home, please come Introduce yourself

Please make sure you download the track for tomorrows race, I see no one has put a lap in on the server yet.

Practice session will open at 6pm followed by 30mins of qualifying at 8:00pm
The race will start at the usual time: 8:30pm

2 Likes

Et tu, Slinx, et tu?!?

2 Likes

Will try squeeze in some practice today.

Also was thinking for the next race - whatever track that may be - maybe we could try a night race using the Sol mod? We’d have to see if it works for everyone but it could be quite fun.

2 Likes

I had to test the track to make sure it’s all good okay! Did 2 laps with a controller, that’s the entirety of my experience on this track.

2 Likes

@SlinX wanting to avoid another incident like Cadwell Park - Woodlands Circuit :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly :rofl:

1 Like

Nice race once again :clap:
Well done to @Darthmol for picking up his 1st win of the season and 2nd podium.
Well done to runner up @aldyr and unfortunately @Beemerstein missing out on a podium due to having to pit on the last couple laps.

Chang International Circuit Results

# Name Car Points
1 DarthMol Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 25
2 aldyr inc Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 18
3 SlinkY Ferrari 488 GT3 16 pole
4 Beemerstein Mclaren 650 GT3 13 fastest lap
5 Matthew van der Merwe Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 10
6 oltman Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 8
7 Dragonic Mclaren 650 GT3 6
8 GeezMo786 Mclaren 650 GT3 4
9 Greg Redd Audi R8 LMS 2016 2

Driver Standings after Race #8

# Driver Rating Points Actions
1 SlinkY B 3369 153 PENALTIES
2 aldyr inc B 3053 120 PENALTIES
3 DieGrootH@mmer B 2258 114 PENALTIES
4 DarthMol B 3314 110 PENALTIES
5 Beemerstein B 2065 109 PENALTIES
6 oltman B 2503 64 PENALTIES
7 Dragonic C 2578 40 PENALTIES
8 Jay De Villiers B 1619 34 PENALTIES
9 Greg Redd C 2470 33 PENALTIES
10 Matthew van der Merwe B 2221 30 PENALTIES
11 GeezMo786 C 910 7 PENALTIES

Stats: Simresults

Drivers standings are still very close with 2 races remaining in the calendar. Only 11 points separating positions 2 to 5. Championship podiums are still very much up for grabs going into the final few races.

Edit: I think to keep everyone in the race, we can continue with T1 restarts (and forgetting to click drive restarts). We need a way to keep it fair though, so if at least 40% of the lobby votes for a restart before the end of lap 1, it will be done. We can cap it to 2 restarts or something.
This is all just to keep everyone in the race because I know how much it can suck to have your 1h race ruined in the first 10 seconds.

4 Likes

It works both ways though. If I have a great start and am running in third (not because of other’s misfortune) and then a race gets restarted, I at least expect the race start lights to be available for the restart. Kinda screwed with my race as it then threw me right in the pack at T1 and I got spun around.

Have a look at 49:30

3 Likes

@GeezMo786 sorry for that punt man, I had so much speed, I thought I could get past you around that bend, clearly didn’t see how wide I went. I waited up a bit but you were too far off. So Mr Director @SlinX, you may swap us around if you can.

2 Likes

I had no idea that happened until I watched the replay. The restart screwed me over as well, I had the worst start of my career, losing 4 or 5 places before T1 :sweat_smile:

Restarts are tricky. I have half a mind to never restart, but I also feel sorry for people who look forward to a good race and, like yourself @oltman, end up screwed at T1.

@Dragonic, @GeezMo786 needs to appeal before I can consider the incident :smiley:

2 Likes

Me at T1 during the first attempted start of the race

It felt like i was carrying an extra 2 backstreet boys weight into the corner

3 Likes

So glad I got have my Gasly moment and get the unexpected win. Sorry for @oltman and @SlinX who were affected by the start lights bug. If not for that I’m sure that Slinx would have been un-catchable up at the front. I had to do all I could to keep enough ahead so as not to lose my lead.

3 Likes

Hey, I am not too fussed. I am so used to having lap 1 incidents that it feels weird NOT playing catchup!

@DarthMol, that was a well deserved victory! In the last year you have improved leaps and bounds and seriously impress me more each race! Like I said last night: your lap times are fast, but not the fastest. It is your consistency that really makes the difference!

4 Likes

We reviewed a few of the incidents after the race, only myself, aldyr, Darth and Mo were still there to watch. I think I’ll do it after every race. It’s nice to see all the events that happened on the other end of the track, and we can comment on driver etiquette while we’re at it. You don’t have to stick around obviously, but it would be nice to have everyone there for like 10 minutes to go through incidents.

We should do the same for the next race and give out mock penalties just as a fun exercise. I don’t think our 10 player lobby is serious enough to warrant actual penalties TBH. We are all fairly well behaved around here anyway.

3 Likes