Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

It is not the same game at all. Not a Base and then expansion or extension. Totally different game. None of the same physics or anything like that.

ACC does GT racing GOOD. Rather the BEST.
It is for a GT Sim racer fanatic.

So ACC should not be viewed as part of the AC game itself at all.

2 Likes

It is built on the same engine, just upgraded. Hence why I added the quotation marks around “base”.

It is also debatable if it is the best GT racing sim. It is good, don’t get me wrong. Just between iRacing, RFactor 2 and Raceroom Experience, it has some stiff competition, and its not the clear best. It does a lot of things very well, but other games offers better experiences in other ways. It all comes down to what you want from a racing simulator. There is one to fit everyone.

3 Likes

I guess there are a few others out there indeed.
I would love iRace if there was no sub.

The engine was not just upgraded, but apparently totally rewritten.
I think there are gonna be a few local ACC leagues next year

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. I would get back into the game if they add anything else other than the GT series. Just a bit too little choice in cars and tracks right now.

2 Likes

What league where you racing in this year?

1 Like

I am keen, very keen for anything AC. Even if it’s just casual tourist track day style evening with random car. I’m not into too much scheduled racing, which is one reason, I love the rally stuff. iRacing is not my vibe, though I can appreciate the fact that it comes with similar skilled drivers, and have even been following your conversations on it. Then again, that’s where RSR and SRS come in, for AC.

@PsychoFish Please try anyway, there have been some oddities with routing from europe into SA. And by oddities, I mean connecting from EU this way to an SA server, resulted in a 60’ish ping, but playing on an EU server starts at a ping of 160 and higher. I’d be curious to see what your net result is.

3 Likes

Believe me, it’s not the sub that’s so bad. It’s the content. And the sub, I guess. It’s all just very expensive.

2 Likes

I’m keen for this. If I have some time free once you guys get this going, I wouldn’t mind popping in for a few laps.

3 Likes

Guess that is where I am different. Like now racing in Dominus League ( @czc ) . And racing in one league with 1 car. So I do not mind not having variety, I do it for the pure racing.

Same when I race my motards. I do not mind that I only race my one motard, at only about 10 tracks through out the year. Just as exciting each year.

There is no way you can master 100s of cars on 100s of tracks. Get to master a few cars and tracks is much more enjoyable

5 Likes

YES! I snagged the AC Complete edition on sale earlier in the year and I often race the Ferrari 488 on there to see if I should buy the track for iRacing! It is pretty close in difficulty, but more forgiving when it comes to collisions :wink:

I am certainly keen! Count me in, even if just a few races for fun, rather than leagues. Either way, YES PLEASE!

With AC Content Manager and the amount of mods available you can race just about anything you can dream of, on just about any track you can think of!

A local guy is even making Kyalami!

And just a side note: AC Competizione is made in Unreal engine, not the same engine as OG AC.

4 Likes

That’s some outstanding work on the Kyalami build right there. Been waiting for it for ages it seems and it can’t come soon enough. I see from the last posts that he’s got to a final beta stage, and that some of the teams have been using it for sim practice for this weekend’s Kyalami 9-hour. If it’s good enough for them, it’s going to need to be on near constant rotation on our sever here.

2 Likes

Was under the impression that it is not same engines at all yeah.

Afaik Kyalami is coming to ACC end of this month

1 Like

Wow did not know it was in Unreal. TIL

Also, that Kyalami build is massively impressive. I’m going to install AC just to see if I can get that mod installed. Just need to find the installation files for it.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can get Kyalami loaded on the server, that would actually be awesome.

If you guys want to test out the server before @GregRedd decides on bigger things, please feel free to suggest some non-DLC cars and tracks and maybe we get some casual racing going on the weekend. It’s currently set to the Nordschleife, which is a bit intimidating if you are not intimately familiar with all 2000 corners.

My suggestion would be to emulate iRacing’s MX5 cup on Laguna Seca for a start. No official race, just infinite practice mode so people can hop in and out without any commitment.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I have time for another league, but what the heck, count me in haha. Look at @Slinx, getting all involved and stuff.

4 Likes

Eyyyyy. If Chris says it’s good…

5 Likes

Wow! Thats looks great! Cannot wait to drive around the track and waking up the snoozing Joburg crowd! :smiley:

1 Like

OK, are we just talk or are we actually going to do this??? :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t modified the server, so It’s still running the Nordschleife. I was going to load Kayalami this past weekend, but I’m lazy.

@GregRedd What’s the verdict? 7 interested so far.

1 Like

That’s the first step to recovery :wink:

I am keen just to drive around for fun in a few races, see how it goes before we start leagues and the fighting words…

3 Likes