Beautiful Desolation

Local developers The Brotherhood (Stasis and Cayne) are making excellent progress on Beautiful Desolation their isometric post-apocalyptic adventure game. They still have a ways to go with release still a year + away (Q4, 2019), but the recent launch of the games’ Steam page brought with it some fantastic new screenshots and the suggestion “For the Release Discount, Wishlist Now”.

One day the sky was empty and then next it was filled with an impossibly shaped monolith - 1980 saw The Penrose appear without warning. Hurtling mankind forward on an alternative historical trajectory.

The world rejoiced, but Desolation would ensue…

Explore a futuristic wasteland of villages and destroyed cities to uncover the secrets of strange and abandoned technology. Following STASIS, THE BROTHERHOOD will invoke a visceral post-apocalyptic world, inspired by Sub-Saharan Africa in BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION.

ABOUT THIS GAME

BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION is a 2D isometric adventure game set in the distant future. Explore a post-apocalyptic landscape, solve puzzles, meet new friends and make powerful enemies, mediate conflicts and fight for your life as you unravel the secrets of the world around you.

FEATURING

• P&C Puzzles and classic adventure gameplay.
  • An 80’s retro technology look and feel.
  • A story-drive adventure set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future.
  • A unique tribal punk aesthetic and 2D isometric rendered environments .
  • African landscapes captured with photogrammetry and scale model elements.
  • Bizarre creatures, animals and vibrant characters await.

FIND YOUR BROTHER AND GET HOME…

Mark, a man out of time, searches for his lost brother Don, in a far-flung futuristic era ruled by highly advanced technologies which are both revered and reviled.

Your surroundings hold echoes of a desolate past, and glimpses of a dark future that has yet to be written by your actions. Be prepared to face many tough choices that will shape this land long after you complete your journey.

The inhabitants of this world will help and hinder you, as you make new discoveries and navigate the spectacular African-inspired landscape. Negotiate your passage with local leaders, healers and warriors, or find yourself embroiled in a battle against nanite swarms, enormous scorpions and rocket-equipped robots.

From thriving villages to crumbling cities, petrified forests and bone-dry ocean beds, this strange new world holds a multitude of terrains to uncover, beautifully rendered in 2D isometric art.

The score is masterfully crafted by composer Mick Gordon, known for his work on Wolfenstein, DOOM, Prey, Killer Instinct and Need for Speed.

3 Likes

yay thanks, I will add this to my list, I love their games

1 Like

Reminds me I need to go back and finish Stasis. Got stuck at one point and never went back.

2 Likes

I backed the game and look forward to it. :slight_smile: I’m surprised we didn’t have a thread yet! Nice one @GregRedd!

2 Likes

I am keeping an eye on this - aka watching it like a hawk. I have reached out to the devs hoping to do an article.

2 Likes

It really looks good!

Got my Beta Backer key yesterday - hopefully will get to install it and have a look around over the weekend. Think I saw a note saying that we could share screenshots and clips, but will double check. If so, may have some visuals for your article :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really regret not backing them. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. I loved Stasis and Cayne.
And yes please if you are allowed - please give me feedback and loads of images :smiley:

1 Like

I am lucky - I am busy chatting to one of the devs via email. His response with regards to the screenies and so on - Awesome. Yes of course they can!
If they want to make a youtube video or twitch they just need to pop a link to our GOG or Steam page. Otherwise, feel free to share.

1 Like

Ooo its here?

Will have a look this afternoon.

2 Likes

when is this supposed to release?

All we know is early 2020 - so I am hoping in the next few months - it is currently in Beta testing so they are working out the final bugs

Okay thanks, i thought the same. Was getting confused when @crzwaco mentioning;

That kinda threw me off.

1 Like

We have a release date!! Just confirmed via email to Backers, and now showing on Steam:

Turns out it’s going to be in the next few weeks :smiley:

2 Likes

Dam too soon still busy with shadow of mordor!

2 Likes

Talk about stealing a guy’s thunder :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Eish. Sorry. Just happened to pop into my mailbox as I opened MEW. Your article is a lot more detailed than my post, so there is that… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bwhaahahaha snap! I also got the email and wanted to write something!

2 Likes

In the game keep an eye out for the finer details - READ everything!

A lot of Afrikaans swearing. . . .

Just a pretty place (spent way to much time here figuring out a puzzle)

I edited this one cos the part underneath the gross gives something away and I will not spoil anything!

2 Likes

Those hands in that first image look amazing, I always appreciate well designed hands in vidya gayemz.

1 Like

The artwork has me seriously impressed.

The difficulty even more so - keep paper and pen next to you whilst playing

1 Like