Borderlands 3

I decided to give the end game a go. It turns out my 2 best liked characters (FL4K and Moze) are the best for now, lucky me.

I am farming Mayhem 10 graveward, almost max level. I think they have made this too easy. If someone as shooter challenged as me can do this then I am sure others get bored quick.

Once I am max I must decide if I am going to do the takedowns/raids in groups, just to see what its like at our ping.

1 Like

Have you done any of the raids: Maliwan Takedown, or Takedown at Guardian Breach?

1 Like

No, that is next on my list. Can you do them solo?

1 Like

Maliwan should be fine. Guardian takedown is legit difficult. With both, the journey to the boss, is harder than the boss. Itā€™s tons of fun with friends though, but you can totally do them alone

1 Like

I am keen to join in multiplayer, just donā€™t know where to start to find ā€œfriendsā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have so many other games to play, butā€¦

2 Likes

Just shout if you need help :stuck_out_tongue:

Ek gaan niks se nie. . . . .

1 Like

I see to use PC Cross-Play you have to sync your Steam friends list to SHiFT.

Do they ask the same thing if you bought through EGS?

Has anyone enabled PC Cross-Play?

Update: Iā€™m such a doofus. If I donā€™t enable Cross-Play, I obviously wonā€™t be able to play with you EGS n00bs.

1 Like

I clicked ā€œDisableā€ and they still ask to set my Corss-Play Display Name. What is Gearbox doing?

1 Like

Switched to DX12 modeā€¦ I hope itā€™s worth it.

1 Like

DX12 wasnā€™t very well optimized on release. I donā€™t know if they fixed it

2 Likes

You are gonna love it

1 Like

Nice! Enjoy! Itā€™s a great game.

2 Likes

When I opted for it after getting the game (very) recently it was terrible. No visual upgrade, lower FPS and greatly increased loading times. So I stuck to DX11.

1 Like

I have been using DX12 since they said they sorted out the issues. I might try switching to DX11 and see if makes a difference. Still canā€™t run the game on PC without hassles, tried 2 days ago again. So annoying.

If Gearbox / Sony would just implement cross-save, but thatā€™s not happening.

1 Like

Well FML. I should have tried switching to DX11 before I went and bought two DLCā€™s for the PS4 versions the other day.

It seems to launch every time now again. Loading times are visibly longer but at least it doesnā€™t start with a crash. Will have to wait for payday to get DLC 3 on PC. But it gives me time to get Amara to 60 and maybe a second character as well.

2 Likes

I just realised you can use the epic voucher for DLC so I bought Bounty of Blood for R85. Hells yeah!

2 Likes

50% off on BL3 on steam

2 Likes

Free weekend on steam, Xbox and PS4 (ps plus required).

3 Likes

Iā€™ve done some benchmarking of the game with DX11 and DX12 now that I have a new GPU. DX11 gives me an average of 65 FPS with drops to about 45 at the lowest using the in game benchmark tool. DX12 gives me an average of 75 FPS with the lowest Iā€™ve seen it drop to at 38. This was with a mix of medium and high settings with things like volumetric fog turned off as it is a massive FPS hog.

At first glance it seems that DX12 has better performance, but there is a catch. The game takes almost 5 full minutes to start up from the launcher using DX12 and there are a lot of stutters every couple of minutes. Itā€™s as if the game is loading something in the background and then everything slows down for a like a second before going back to normal.

Iā€™ll go back to DX11 for now. The extra FPS doesnā€™t really affect me that much since I cap it to 60FPS anyway.

/
Moze is awesome now! I played through the game with her when I first got it on PC and she was great but I donā€™t remember the mech being able to be active for as long as it is now.

4 Likes