Canadian Ice

Anyone willing to give me a hand making a logo?

I was gonna do one in Blender, but I don’t have the time to learn it right now. I don’t really care what program it is done in, but I’m looking for a melting ice cube on fire.

You starting a melted ice cube business?

2 Likes

Yup! I’m taking full advantage of this climate change thing…

/sarcasm

1 Like

What style are you looking for? Photorealism, minimalist, illustrated / cartoony…?

2 Likes

Happy to help where I can. I generally design in vector tools, not in blender.

2 Likes

Photorealism. I was thinking blender because I could start with the default cube :laughing:

I basically want it to be like a perfect cube of ice, but you know after it melts for a bit, the corners get a little rounded, and the surfaces will be glossy but not completely flat. I’d like a small puddle around, but not going out too far. The ice cube should be more or less surrounded by flames, and the ice cube should be transparent.

It’s for my hot sauces, so I also need the name of my sauces, plus a place I can write in the name of the sauce, and the heat level.

I’ll do a quick mock-up of kinda what I want.

1 Like

Almost like this?

2 Likes

So something like this?

2 Likes

Hey thats pretty cool, um hot.

2 Likes

Disclaimer: NOT MY ARTWORK. I found it on the internet and wanted to know if that’s what he’s looking for…

2 Likes

Pretty much!

I’m imagining the label to be something like this:

(You can see why I need help :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Seeing as you’re Canadian and Canada is full of mountains and lakes, can’t you make a logo for your hot sauces along these lines:

• The silhouette of the fire is in the shape of a mountain peak
  • The ice cube is “cut out” of the flame in negative space
  • The puddle of melting water forms a lake below the fiery peak
  • Your label is written centered below it

I’m imagining something like the Paramount Pictures logo, but with the name below the logo.

2 Likes

Not sure what this means, but I think I like where this is going.

The brand name is “Canadian Ice”, so… Instead of a mountain peak shaped fire, maybe a maple leaf?

1 Like

Or a maple leaf shaped fire? It could look quite fitting, as a nice orange-coloured fiery maple leave engulfing the ice cube and it forming a cool puddle of icy water below it…

Something like this, with the ice cube “inside” it and the puddle below it:

2 Likes

Ya, that’s what I meant, sorry, I’m communicating like a typical client right now… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh right! I forgot about the tagline… “Hotter than you think”

I think the 3 pieces of fire detract from it looking like a maple leaf.

1 Like

I’m just Googling pictures to get the idea out there… Yours will obviously be a complete “fire” and I’m envisaging a nice gradient of yellow and red to easily identify it as a fire, but in maple leaf form. The ice-cube will be centered inside the fire, with a couple of water drops dripping down to the small puddle below it. Then I’d recommend having the logo written as [red]CANADIAN[/red] [light-blue]ICE[/light-blue] with the tag-line in the same orange hue as the maple leaf?

2 Likes

Sounds promising. I don’t really have any font preferences, just no Comic Sans obvs… lol

What about having the word ICE with a bit of flame? Too much overkill?

1 Like

Yeah I’d say it’s too much… You need either a logo with text, or a logo-type which is all in one. Having both is overkill.

2 Likes

Stick with burning the ice cube then :smiley:

1 Like