Destiny 2 — The Final Shape

Come on dude your jumping skills aren’t that bad

1 Like

Looks Like Destiny 2 Expansions Are Coming To Xbox Game Pass for PC in Season 15 (August 24)

Maybe a little too late for me, as I’m pretty much done with my 2 season long Destiny 2 binge. I completed all remaining expansion quests, levelled my Hunter main PL 1330, started a new Warlock and Titan and got the Warlock to PL 1328 as well. My season rank is at 150, which is higher than I ever got it to be.

So I’m almost Destinied out at this point. I grabbed the Borderlands 3 Season Pass for less than R270 on the Epic sale and will be playing that next, to give myself a little break. I won’t forget the Traveller though, and might revisit when there’s enough new content for me to grind through.

3 Likes
1 Like

Alot of nice changes came with the new season.

Especially the Gambit and Crucible ranks that doesn’t need the long grind to reset.

The new Strike ranks alot are awesome

hahaha and here we stand as you seemingly the most active Destiny 2 MEWB right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, serious question, how much financial aid have you provided recently or to the latest iteration or season of Destiny 2?

I’ve always been a big Destiny fan and played it to death, but lately my passion has waned. It will always have a place in my heart but your latest comment makes me wanna revisit it.

2 Likes

Anyway, was just tryna determine how much of the “free” game is playable without having to pay for anything or until hitting a pay-wall?

I’ve forked out so much on Destiny over the years.

1 Like

Oh sorry for not replying. Sadly, there’s not much in the way of seasonal content you can play without the season pass. You get to play the first mission or so of the season and get to roam the areas, and you can grind power level by participating in strikes, crucible and gambit. You can also do the New Light campaign, but that’s about it in terms of story.

Playing on Steam means I can take advantage of CD Keys offers for finding the expansions or season pass cheaper, which is what I did. Still, the Witch Queen expansion and current season cost me around R360 each.

1 Like

No worries, and I really don’t think that is a bad asking price or entry point at all. I suppose as a primarily solo player and one that doesn’t really enjoy the seasonal type of game and business model I have been deterred from the game over the last year or so as a result. Finding time and people to commit to these team/squad-based events has always been an issue for me.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

I play 100% solo. I’ve never done a dungeon or raid in the game, but do participate in all match-made activities. These days I enjoy doing Lost Sectors on Legend difficulty as well. I also managed to solo the Vox Obscura quest, which has 2 very difficult timed sections.

I honestly believe I get my money’s worth in the game. Since shelling out around R1000 for all post-Forsaken content, I’ve played for more than 300 hours. That equates to around R3/hour of entertainment, which I don’t believe is bad at all.

1 Like

Oh not by any means, that’s fantastic value for money. Between Destiny 1&2 I have probably spent more than 3k and probably put in over 3,000 hours between the two. That being said, the raids are definitely their premium content and I suggest anyone who is able to play them with a coordinated group of friends to do so. Although as you mention, it is also pretty viable to play solo which is how I like to play games nowadays, and I am not really one for PvP activities in any game.

1 Like

Then again I think the game has really evolved since then. I haven’t really played or partaken in any matchmaking events since they have gone full cross-platform, I am assuming you can matchmake with players now on other platforms?

1 Like

My internet smooths out most of the time, so been loving being back in Destiny 2. So much to do and get into again. Doing the campaign on legendary from the get go, nice challenge.

1 Like

One of the things that makes Destiny 2 both a good game and a frustrating one is the details of making a build. So many intricacies, so many things to get so much randomness to get them.

It is paralysing sometimes. Best thing for me to do is to glance at it, slam some stuff together and play on. The new story is very good and a lovely challenge.

1 Like

Eish, came short at the last fight in one mission on legendary, just can’t beat it so switched to normal mode and started that. The difficulty difference is huge. I am slicing through the hard mobs on normal mode. Also learning that all my old builds are broken, they changed how orbs of power are generated, ouchy. I saw that there is a glaive that makes healing turrets, so now a good healing/support build is top of my list of things to work on. Will get back to legendary campaign missions when I have a better build and maybe a friend or 2 :wink:

2 Likes

@FarligOpptreden, what’s it going to take to get you to make a small adjustment to your “100% solo” play style? Shrike needs a friend. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m think I might try make some space and download it, but with just the base game it might be a lost cause.

1 Like

I’ll get around to that. Need so synchronise playtime around a toddler…

3 Likes

So for most of the dungeons you can solo it or 2 player it. Must say if you are an old D2 player and done the raids on leviathan youd like this season alot as most of it takes place in the old raid rooms. Sucks that you dont have the full ship to explore but fun seeing as how some of the rooms changed with how the lore and story is progressing

2 Likes

So yeah if anyone wants to run a few things add me on steam or pop me a message Id be more than happy to help

2 Likes