Destiny 2 — The Final Shape

My biggest issue with D2 has always been the dungeon jumping puzzles. This weekend I did the 30th Anniversary dungeon solo and gave up after 2 hours of struggling. The mechanics are insanely punishing. As you know @1nF4m0u5 I absolutely suck at jumping/timing puzzles. Going to just skip them and do what I like doing. Which is blow stuff up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Try the Vox Obscura quest solo if you want a timed challenge… :wink: I managed to crack it after 14 tries.

1 Like

That will crack me after 2nd try.

2 Likes

It’s worth it though, the exotic GL you get as reward is great. Being able to switch elements is great for match game shield busting in legendary Lost Sectors.

3 Likes

How much PVP do you engage with it?

2 Likes

Ah yes, I do that with Hard Light when I used to farm legendary lost sectors.

2 Likes

I have done some straight up PVP for legendary traits but it frustrates me too much. The only PVP I enjoyed in the past is when there is a special map up where everyone gets one shot mechanics.

I like running Gambits every now and then for the bounties, it is more PVEPVP so it is ok.

2 Likes

Team Scorched or Mayhem! Both loads of fun. I like Momentum Control when it comes around as well. Otherwise I dabble in some PVP each week, primarily for the Pinnacle. But I often find I reset my Crucible rank much faster than Vanguard or Gambit. If fact I’ve never reset my Gambit rank before…

2 Likes

I can always do it and pull you to the next boss XD but yeah the jumping takes a while to get used to hence why Hunters are the best

1 Like

On a daily basis? Or weekly?

2 Likes

All I’m trying identify is how much PvP you’re engaging with out of overall gameplay, cos that is one aspect in most games I really dislike. Being forced to partake in that turns me off and pushes me away.

2 Likes

Nah dude pvp is purely there for if you want to play. To get better gear you might have to do like 3 rounds but other than that you really dont have to do the pvp aspect

1 Like

Everytime I try to get back into this game I just play any new story content there is and then I’m over it. Will get Witch Queen eventually. Just not now. I also don’t like how they take out old stuff to add new stuff. If CoD can be 300GB so can Destiny 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I miss the days when we are playing Destiny 1 on PS4.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

2 Likes

Pretty sure when we did Destiny 2 as Gameclub we (I) didn’t do any PvP.

2 Likes

I believe you are correct sir. But then the requirement was merely just to get through the campaign, with no long-term seasonal content or grind required.

2 Likes

Found this quite interesting.

1 Like

Decided to follow the healing Glaive trail, did the Preservation event solo last night. This is the kind of thing I love doing, it was all about shooting stuff, moving stuff into killzones for my lovely Witherhoard to melt. Not a single jumping puzzle in sight! Took me 2 and half hours but it is done. I find the best thing to do in this game is to set a goal and go for it with little breaks now and then for the other play loops like bounties etc.

1 Like

I love what they’ve done with the Leviathan.

2 Likes

I guess you’re back in the universe? I need to get time to play again - I only rushed through my weekly seasonal story step and did the Nightfall completions. Haven’t even touched Crucible, Gambit, Strikes or Xur craziness yet. Nevermind progress in the Witch Queen story…

2 Likes