Diablo IV — By Three They Come

I highly doubt that, but we’ll see. Even Street Fighter 6 is higher rated than Diablo overall…

Just taking metacritic averages:
Diablo 87
Street Fighter 6 92
Tears of the Kingdom 95

Zelda is safe :stuck_out_tongue:

*I’m not trying to rag on Diablo or anything. TotK is just the best game I’ve ever played and an absolute masterclass in game design. The Zelda team at Nintendo is firing on all cylinders.

4 Likes

I posted that cos I knew you’d come challenge it :rofl:. Zelda FTW!!

4 Likes

Mission accomplished!

Jokes aside though what a year this has been and continues to be for games. So many bangers and we’re only about halfway through the year. I think FF XVI will most likely also score really well and we still have Starfield, Spider-Man 2 and a bunch of other games coming.

3 Likes

thanks for the fomo

5 Likes

I finished the campaign and wow that was so good. That final act is incredible. Loved it.

So I’m up for multiplayer if any of you want to team up. Especially to do all the dungeons. I’m going to focus on renown now.

4 Likes

Already?! :clap:t2: How long did it take you?

3 Likes

Phew, it’s difficult to say. Around 30 hours?

But I focused mainly just on the campaign. Didn’t do any sidequests and such. Will be doing them now.

3 Likes

I’m being more systematic (and slower)… doing the story and sidequests together.

I might skip some uninteresting-looking sidequests in Act II and III, but I want to finish Act I properly before proceeding. (I did do like the first 25% of Act II on my way to getting my Druid boons, though.)

4 Likes

I am level 47 and still on act I. Just been doing random things and exploring. Loving it

3 Likes

What is level cap?

1 Like
  1. 50 normal levels and 50 paragon levels.
3 Likes

Just had a long discussion with my friend, we have been jolling around doing dungeons and exploring nicely because of the scaling but…

We just realised that the next world tier is only available after you complete the campaign. For someone like him that has a LOT more play time than I do, it means he will be dumbing it down to join me in T2 while I am still busy with the campaign. We thought the scaling was the answer for us but it sort of isn’t.

3 Likes

Yeah, I just watched a video where the oke says from level 50+ it’s recommended to go to T3 as the XP and loot gains drop off for T1/2. The game wants you to push to T3 an upwards.

3 Likes

Yep that’s why I focused on the campaign first. Then you unlock everything else and you can play the game freely.

4 Likes

Every day I’m wondering, should I buy it, or shouldn’t I?

2 Likes

As much as I want to play, doesn’t look like it is worth the hassle to try and get it to run on linux. Thankfully, it looks like crossplay is available so I can get it on PS4! Yay!

Wait…

Not yay!

Screw that.

3 Likes

Yeah, the pricing is insane. but I think it’s the price of games in general are around that bracket.

4 Likes

Yup, some are even more expensive… Aside from smaller releases, doubt I will get anything unless it’s on deep discount any more…

4 Likes

Time to do that cost vs time spent playing analysis:
Step 1: work out how much 1 hour of entertainment is worth to you
Step 2: work out how long you could play, on average, in the game in question
Step 3: divide cost of game/hours could play
Step 4: compare with step 1 to decide :wink:

7 Likes

Or play the frugal gamer long game with me:

1. Wait for the Microsoft-Activision Blizzard acquisition to be finalised.
  2. Wait another 3-6 months for the game to get added to the Game Pass library.
  3. Profit Play the game for the cost of your GP subscription.
  4. Realise within the first hour that you are still completely useless at these games and that you’ve spent more time downloading it than you’ll ever spend playing it.
  5. Profit?

:smiley:

6 Likes