Diablo IV — By Three They Come

I’m playing Hearthstone again for the first time in years. I sooooo badly want to play D4, but budget definitely doesn’t allow it right now.

3 Likes

Hows this for cosmetic: it is a unique chest piece with a story in its description

6 Likes

Finally got to test it: if you did not download the texture pack and planned to do it later, you can do so and still play the game. Nice feature.

5 Likes

All the talk of this game is creating serious FOMO for me. But damn, I can’t justify R1400 for a game right now!

3 Likes

Trust me you are not alone, but then again I barely have time to game

2 Likes

Who wore it better?

6 Likes

LOL Right?

2 Likes

Finished the main story.

5 Likes

Starting on July 6, you can get the Brackish Fetch Mount in Diablo 4 for free with Amazon Prime Gaming, with more rewards available in future offers.

Starting in July 2023, you can get the Brackish Fetch Mount bundle featuring the following items:

• Scales of the Dead Sea Mount Armor
  • Mariner Will Mount Trophy
  • Dead Sea Vessel Mount Trophy

Alternatively, they’ll be available in-game for 800 Platinum if you miss the offer.

2 Likes

… but Amazon Prime costs money?

:thinking:

4 Likes

It does. But hey, don’t shoot the messenger - I don’t make the rules. :smiley:

You could start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime (if you haven’t done so in the past), grab the freebie, and then cancel your sub before the 30 days is up though. That’ll cost 5 minutes of time.

I personally have no idea if it’s worth doing at all though. How much is “800 Platinum” worth? How long would you take to earn that and buy this in-game? Are fancy horse armor cosmetics even a thing worth worrying about at all?

I don’t think you can earn silver in-game but I believe it would be around R400. I look on occasion and always shocked by the amounts it would cost to buy some of these cosmetics.

1 Like

My necro is at 86 and hitting all the realisations that D4 is not as good as D3 at end game. To be fair, it took Blizzard at least 2 years to make D3 good.

I was not happy with my builds so I changed them 3 times over 2 weeks. I used to have 35 million gold, now I have 9. The respec costs are an insanity. Luckily the necro is a class that has enough build diversity for playing at the end of the game to make it possible. Other classes are not so lucky.

Also realising that there is little point farming items for alts, everything is level locked. The only things you can do for alts are: renown rewards and gold.

One more thing: D4 is NOT a multiplayer game. Playing with friends usually means you lose a lot of your functionality due to almost 0 synergies between classes. The respec costs and the time and pure effort it takes to change your build (also no saved builds) means everyone plays a solo build. Since you are mostly solo when not with friends. I would love to play a shout barbarian buffing my group but it is just not possible.

A real pity.

4 Likes

Good feedback and comment. I agree on a few points but damn, you seemed to get to 86 quickly. I only hit 60+ last night.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Good points made. I guess you have to ask yourself: are you happy running around in the open world just doing events/whisper events when you hit WT4? If so then no need to stress, you can survive with a concept build/own theory crafted build based around a concept or particular unique or item you like and still have fun.

However, if you plan on experiencing the sweat inducing rush that is helltides at WT4 or if you plan on doing nightmare dungeons to level your glyphs then you will soon find out why I say that build diversity is limited beyond a certain point.

For example, I am currently having a TON of fun levelling a caster druid and fiddling with skills/aspects/boons but in the back of my head I know, if I want to do the above in WT4 one day, then I will have to change to either werebear with unique helm or werewolf with helm.

One of the main reason ranged characters/builds completely fail in nightmare dungeons is because of the elite suppressor affix on enemies. You cannot hit them with anything outside their bubble, basically nullifying all your skill damage. You find these at random in NM dungeons, even if you did not choose the affix.

2 Likes

On the plus side, myself (87), friend with ice crowd control sorcerer (71) and another friend who replaced all his skills with shouts on his barbarian (67) did a 47 nightmare dungeon (level 101 enemies), I know why can blizzard not just do the maths for us. The aim was to completely experiment with synergies. The key was the sorcerer who just froze everything, the barbarian healed us and pushed our resources and movement, I just did the damage. We had a TON of fun, we completed 2 of these high level dungeons. It proved to us that it can be done. None of us got any worthwhile loot, the xp was bad, other than levelling our glyphs. But it was worth it.

2 Likes

One of the things that hurts my brain is why Blizzard made the stats on items so hard to understand. I saw this on reddit and immediately related to it in a big way.

3 Likes

Started a new druid character, determined to make something I can play through to world tier 3 effectively and NOT play a bear or werewolf. I got to about 49 and just got real tired of plinking things with a basic attack for 5 seconds every time before unloading storms and earthquakes. You do not feel very powerful when you tickle mobs before nuking them. I then switched to the earth shaker bear when I got the shockwave aspect and now I am having fun. There is only really 2 ways to play druid in WT3+ and have fun. My opinion of course.

Next week we will know what other options are available, hopefully. Aiming to play a minion necro for solo and a purely shout barbarian support healer/buffer for group play in season 1.

1 Like

I was also considering a Druid build but it looks/feels like it would be too similar to Barbarian.

I reached Tier 4 last night and hit level 65 as a bleed/thorns build Barbarian, and loving the current form of my build and the way it is progressing.

2 Likes