Diablo IV — By Three They Come

Taking a break from D4 unless it is to play with friends. With the season coming up this week, playing D4 for any more time is pointless for me. Hopefully tomorrow night (18th) we will get the patch for the season (even though it is not available to play yet) and can start planning based on buffs/nerfs etc.

I am away in PTA for Thursday/Friday/Saturday so can only dip my toes into Season 1 on Sunday.

I hope it is good, I really do.

3 Likes

Ready for season 1.

3 Likes

Nice! I have tried to get a record of time played but it keeps failing.

3 Likes

how does one get that? and nice

3 Likes

Thanks, you can get it here:

1 Like

I have tried that multiple times before, it keeps saying Private Profile, even though my profile is set as public.

2 Likes

Also had to change from Private to Public

2 Likes

Because I REALLY want to see my hours played. I can search my tag name and it shows my characters but when I select one, Private Profile. Ergh

2 Likes

Have you logged in? I wonder if that will fix it for you.

1 Like

I use both the “Login with Battlenet” and search option both show me my characters but when selected, the private profile text shows.

2 Likes

I can’t say I’ve enjoyed D4. Playing a barb, the skills don’t flow nicely. It feels jank. You are mostly like a pap snoek, then for 3 seconds, you can pwn the earth, then you’re back to pap snoek, while you build up your resource. It’s kak. The story has been good, but not really great. The lag is also worse than D3, but around as kak as D2 Resurrected. I have not finished the story/campaign, so my view is not complete on the leveling experience. I also have many gripes with the UI.

My only consolation is, i bought a graphics card, and happened to get a key. It wasn’t intentional to spend money on this, mediocre game, with a whack UI, and hidden secrets on mechanics, that should be obvious and spelt out in tooltip descriptions.

I have to say, D3 at launch with auction house was top tier evil greed driven garbage, but D3 in the state it is now, plays better than this. It’s just that it’s old and I’ve done everything there.

This isn’t an exhaustive explanation on why this game sucks, that will stand up in court. Just some thoughts from me right now, based on how far I am down this boring ass road.

3 Likes

And thank you - that is why I didn’t buy it

I just had a feeling from the beta that it wasn’t what I want

Sums it up pretty nicely methinks.

1 Like

I agree for the most part, but I was actually very disappointed with the story and that was about the only thing I really cared about. I honestly enjoyed D3 a lot more, all the characters felt so powerful there and the story felt like an epic journey with very interesting characters. In D4 none of the characters you meet are interesting at all, or when they are interesting, they hang around for 5 minutes. All the classes also feel weak to me, even on the easiest tier it takes forever to kill the most basic enemies.

1 Like

I still have fomo but now its not so intense anymore. thanks guys :laughing:

3 Likes

I played a little last night, not that I noticed a patch so it must have all been server-side.

I could immediately feel a difference in survivability but my build still feels very viable so I think and feel the changes are good.

:person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I am dead set on doing a minion necro in season 1, regardless of the fact that there has been nothing done to increase the survivability of your pets. Also going to do a lightning storm druid or companion druid and a shout barbarian for groups. All 3 not viable in far end game. I don’t care. I will make them work, especially since levelling is going to be a lot slower now.

2 Likes

Haha glad to see someone else with this mindset. I decided weeks ago that I’d roll a Sorc for S1. It got nerfed into the ground. So now I’m gonna roll a nerfed Sorc for S1! :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds like you have a problem with your build. I don’t use my basic skills at all. I leap to enemies, smack them with HOTA to make them vulnerable and then kill them with deathblow. Boom bam smack smack. Love it.

That also sounds wrong. I one or two shot everything with a non meta barbarian and did the same during the server slam with a sorcerer.

Can’t wait for season 1! Have some nice ideas for a build that I want to try out.

1 Like

Oh, I too go Unga-Bunga. Love it.

The biggest difference is, while I don’t one or two-shot enemies, I just face-tank them and make them explode when they hit me. Thorns is fun and literally makes me smile.

3 Likes