Diablo IV — By Three They Come

So people, I now have this craving to play an ARPG. What would all of you recommend? @Wyvern , I know you played quite a few.

I’ve played the Diablos, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest and the Torchlight games.

I’m thinking Diablo Immortal maybe. Or I can do a new character in Diablo 3 like some of you did.

1 Like

Last Epoch.

3 Likes

I gave Immortal a proper chance, bumped up to a paywall after a week, and rolled another D3 character in response. Skip Immortal.

Immortal is immoral.

4 Likes

I would also recommend Last Epoch, however it is still in early access with the full release planned near the end of the year the last time I heard. It is currently on version 0.9 with a lot of content in any case, so it is worth a try.

There is also Path of Exile, which is Free to Play as well, so nothing to loose there.

Then I would also recommend “The incredible adventures of Van Hellsing” it has like a cool base defense system which I liked a lot, and I liked the dialog.

5 Likes

I’d also recommend Last Epoch.

Wolcen, was also an enjoyable experience for me, it was fun playing a pistol and shield build.
I didn’t play the end game, stopped playing after finishing the campaign for the first time.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone.

I tried Diablo Immortal for 10 minutes or so and wow it really does look and feel like a mobile game. I also installed Diablo III again. And Last Epoch looks really good.

However I’m thinking that I will try Diablo IV open beta next weekend and then maybe wait until release and not play another ARPG. Then I will be really keen to play it when it comes out.

2 Likes

They might be old and probably pretty ugly by now, but I was a big fan of Dungeon Siege 1 and 2.

7 Likes

I absolutely loved Dungeon Siege! I still remember that the epic theme song.

3 Likes

I can second Wolcen, Van Helsing. I still want Last Epoch - I think I was waiting for the multiplayer.

I am not hyped for D4 - just because I refuse to pay the fee to play it

2 Likes

I’m a huge Diablo fan and super hyped for D4. @Wyvern will know :smiley:
I’ve played every one of the D3 Seasons. All 28 of them.

I have not pre-ordered though because I want to try the free beta first to see how it runs on my ancient PC. The price is also a bit of a problem.

5 Likes

damn

big problem for me

4 Likes

:astonished:
:clap:t2:

4 Likes

I only really recently started D3 and haven’t even started my first season but am enjoying the gameplay. Think I’m almost done with Act III.

4 Likes

The one thing that has always stuck with me in D3, that I used as a measuring stick for any RPG after is that legendary items actually change the way you play that character. In D3, a set of legendaries did that and in most ARPGS I have played after, it didn’t. I get tired of doing the same thing the same way over and over again. Playstyle changing items made it worth the grind.

Hopefully D4 has the same, I see you can strip legendary abilities and add them to other items, lets hope these “legendary” abilities change the playstyle enough for them to be worth my time.

5 Likes

Open beta download starts on the 22nd at 6pm South African time.

9 Likes

5 Likes

So, I’m a little confused. Is the beta this coming weekend open for everyone, or only pre-purchases?

2 Likes

My understanding it is for everyone

3 Likes

Yes, it’s for everyone. Don’t know how their servers will handle it but we’ll see.

3 Likes

it already tanked with early access lol. This weekend is going to be rough.

4 Likes