Diablo ][: Resurrected

if I know blizzard, is that they never learn to increase server capacity, and unless the game just needs a quick “authentication” and from there on the game requires no connection to their servers then it should be fine, but it won’t.

Have fun decrypting what I just said, I think my brain has shut down, I don’t even know how to correct what I said to make it clearer XD

2 Likes

I’m relatively sure it will be a complete balls up. But I’m hoping it won’t be.

3 Likes

I dont know if i have a key for D2 anymore might need to buy it >< not sure if I want to play it or not ><

2 Likes

Ressurected is a standalone game so I don’t think it matters whether or not you have or had a key - it’s going to cost like R600

1 Like
7 Likes

Open Beta available this weekend, can already download on battle.net

3 Likes

Nice! I didn’t realise it’s an open beta.

1 Like

Could anyone that tries this, or tried the Closed Beta, report back on the lag. I’ve heard from people that the in-game latency for south african connections, makes it very stuttery even in the animations at best, and unplayable with random teleporting at worst.

2 Likes

Lag was a bit of an issue. Definitely noticeable and especially with a ranged character. I played Sorc and fireballs would go through enemies and then a moment later they would take damage/die.

There was also a short period during day 1 of the closed beta where the EU servers was down. Could not create a game. I switched to the US realm and it was a lot worse then.

Hopefully with release when SP is available, it will run local, cause you will be able to use locally saved character files.

4 Likes

I’m busy installing the XBox version. Will try it this evening and complain about the error codes shortly after. :slight_smile:

Will report back on what the lag is like. Sucks that there are no servers in Africa.

2 Likes

Downloading as well.

I remember with the D3 beta back in teh day the lag was also an issue, but that resolved as soon as the live servers stabilised.

2 Likes

Could it be worse than Path of Exile? I mean that’s why I don’t play that, if this is anything like it then it’s a hard pass for me.

1 Like

Played a little bit, all I would say is remember to press the “G” key whilst playing to really appreciate how big the graphics difference is. So far having a lot of fun, so much nostalgia, much sound, so wow, honestly.

4 Likes

It’s great. Played with a friend in the UK hosting, and picked up one or two lag spikes, but nothing too bad. It’s very playable, feels like Diablo 2, and I’ll pick it up on release.

3 Likes

I’m glad that I got to play the beta. It’s great hearing the music again and I had fun playing it. There’s definitely some lag between hitting something and it dying but that would be gone with an offline character.

However, I will not be getting it. Playing it again made me realise that I probably spent over a 1000 hours on Diablo II before and I’m not going to do it again. I will rather hold on for Diablo IV.

4 Likes

Tried the beta on Xbox, just finished the first quest. It’s enough for me to know I want Diablo 2 in my life again. I want to get it on Switch though so I’m just gonna wait for a performance review. If it has solid performance I will buy it for sure.

4 Likes

I like that they did this but I don’t think I’ll get it. It’s way too expensive for me and playing the beta just reminds me that I actually find the combat and progression in Diablo 3 more satisfying. It’s really cool to see the redone cinematics though, I must have watched the originals hundreds of times.

2 Likes

With you there!

3 Likes

I dunno, I’m one of those people that played and loved Diablo 2, but didn’t pour endless hours into it. I’d say I completed the story with each class and never got the expansion. So that means there’s still a ton of undiscovered content for me, which would put this right up my alley.

6 Likes

So this is releasing today. Who of you will be playing?

1 Like