Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Valuable lesson learned (as a professional software test analyst), do NOT play test a game you actually want to play. I ended up hating the very sound of the game I tested for 126 hours.

5 Likes

Im sure you did well @czc!

Morning people of the palace, we finally have a bit of power. . . .

Im now getting to scared to check my emails…

3 Likes

Still under NDA, or can you tell us what game it was?

2 Likes

Game is released. It is a brilliant little game in every respect for its genre but man, I loved the music in it when I started, now it triggers me ;-P. Considering I had to test all the sound samples in isolation and compare them with the text for hours. Trust me on this: play testing properly is HARD WORK.

5 Likes

You would think an indie game company would be lax about quality to a degree but not these guys. They were uncompromising in their vision and I owed them the very best I could give them in analysis and testing.

4 Likes

Nine Noir Lives! Kidd Redd tells me it is indeed excellent.

Thanks to your posts all that time ago, both she and I played the Demos, and both landed up buying our own copies to play (we share Steam libraries normally, but both wanted to be able to play without having to make sure the other wasn’t on Steam at the same time :slight_smile: ) As it turns out, I haven’t gotten anywhere close to playing yet, but she has, and loves it.

3 Likes

So update please???

2 Likes

Im awaiting a date to go do fingerprints for their security check, that is all I know, at least it seems that my offer wasn’t too high for them if they want to do that.

My nerves are not gonna make it! But if it all goes well I start 1 Nov it looks like

7 Likes

That is how I feel!

7 Likes

Went for a hike on Lion’s Head contour this morning.

8 Likes

Looks like a UE5 screenshot!

4 Likes

That looks awesome.

2 Likes

Wow! This looks so amazing!

2 Likes

Good morning!

:grinning::wave:

2 Likes

Hellooooo! :wave:t2:

2 Likes

Good moirning everyone

2 Likes

Morning people of the palace

off to fingerprinting I go

5 Likes

Chicken does not make for good biltong!

1 Like

I like chicken biltong, but keep an eye out bokoms rather

Chicken biltong looks anemic. That bokoms stuff is nasty!

2 Likes