4 Likes

Hello julle! :wave:t2:

5 Likes

When the power is out but the sun is shining so you’re smiling :grin:

#justsolarthings

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace

4 Likes

Grats on the job @Wyvern, when do you start?

3 Likes

1st of Nov. So excited

Im also getting glasses, I am nearsighted in one (badly) and farsighted in the other eye

4 Likes

That sounds like a challenge.

Speaking of, I need new glasses too and possibly an eye test. I’ve had these for about 5 years or more.

1 Like

So expensive to get new glasses spec savers did me a rough estimate of about 3500 for the eye test and glasses.

1 Like

My 10 year old has had glasses from when she was 1. They quickly add up when they out grow the frames each year.

It also does not help when dad leaves the new set on top of the car and drives off after he put sleeping babe in the carseat… I dont want to talk about it any longer…

2 Likes

My wife ordered 3 puzzles from Takealot, when we got the order we were surprised to find out that in addition to those puzzles we also got a box with 5 more puzzles, with duplicates of puzzles, which we did not order.

My wife wants to sell them, I reported the mistake to Takealot.

2 Likes

Yeah, mine are around the same. It’s not the price of the frames that are costly, I go for in-house brand (no name brands) frames. The lenses and coatings are the expensive parts for me.

1 Like

Oof that sucks!

2 Likes

Who shall prevail I wonder, the first one to buy them or the the collections department.

2 Likes

Yea they didnt have nice cheapy frames, so my two frames (one for sunglasses and one for multifocals) is gonna be about R2k for the two. But at least they look good and still is cheaper than I expected.

My optimist is luckily a family friend and both my parents and nima has gone to him for years. He also thinks once my eyes have adjusted I will most likely get less motionsick

And then we can drive off of cliffs in Borderlands again. :smiley:

2 Likes

So my family found an optometrist in Centurion that doesn’t charge for frames at all. Just the lenses, and just above cost price, too. My glasses were R400 in total for a -6R/-5.5L plain comfy black frames. Jan got nice reading glasses with antiscratch and UV coatings for R750. Oh and the eye test was coincidentally free too, but it’s only R100 anyway. Specsavers wanted to charge me R1800 for essentially the same frame. Specsavers and most Optometrists are charging exorbitant markups on frames. I’ll never go back.

But then in Feb this year I had SMILE laser eye surgery and now I no longer wear glasses at all! :nerd_face::grin:

3 Likes

Is this the new Lasik?

I got my first pair of glasses in May or June this year. Skeel in the one eye. Not enough that I ever noticed, but since I got glasses I can feel how there’s less tension in my neck and head from controrting my eyes into positions it did want to be in. Now the lenses do that for me. I’m real happy that my wife convinced me to go along when she went for her annual check up, but holy mother glasses are expensive!

1 Like

I need names!! Oh man my current glasses was priced at R12000!! So yeah whatever saving I can get the better! I mean I look so cool I look like Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson both had a baby with Dame Helen Miren, but R12000 is a lot to pay for such beauty…

2 Likes