Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Goodly morning to everyone

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace

2 Likes

I’m in the palace, does that make me royalty, or a servant?

Feels more like a servant

3 Likes

It’s a good thing to have a servant mindset.

2 Likes

So, I’m moving in the near future, to the middle of nowhere, where the interwebs are virtually non-existent, and every software update to anything will take an eternity.

Suffice to say, multiplayer anything is going to become kimpossible. Looking for suggestions on singleplayer games. I’m probably going to have a ton of time on my hands too. If it needs a persistent internet connection, it probably doesn’t qualify.

4 Likes

But why move then? Also pity we can’t get starlink in this country.

2 Likes

I loved that show!

You’re in luck, it’s probably all I play lately.

Top of my mind and in recent playing, I can suggest almost any modern AC title. They are massive time sinks. Not to mention the sheer amount of variety in Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga, this game is huge and probably the best Star Wars representation in game form.

2 Likes

Skyrim, the dragon age and mass effect series, tomb raider games, could also get games like Cities: Skylines, civilization and anno games to help break from the more combat RPG games. Can also go for rogue-like/lite games like Hades that have random/semi-random level creation to help with replayability. Stardew valley and other farming sim games would probably also work out nicely.

Remember to put all your game launchers in “offline mode” before loosing internet, it may have changed over the years, but I remember a time when you had to login to steam in online mode, to then switch it to offline mode, or else it would not open the next time you try to boot it when you have no internet, since it keeps trying to authenticate to online services.

2 Likes

Seconded, just make sure you do not play them with the ubisoft + subscription, it will not let you play them if you disconnect or are not connected.

1 Like

And its official, I got the job! I start the 1st :smiley:

10 Likes

Congrats. We knew you would!

1 Like

I don’t like lego games, but AC Origins and Odyssey, I do own, so maybe this is my chance to finally play them. Not sure if uplay or whatever it is now, will let me play offline though.

Of course, skyrim! I can kill weeks with that and a new playthrough.

Not much of a city builder, RTS, strat or 4D game type player.

2 Likes

Still does. Found that out during recent load shedding session. :expressionless:

1 Like

Fantastic news @Wyvern, congratulations! Never had a doubt :smiley:

1 Like

Just thought of another game to add to your offline no interwebs play time…

1 Like

And it is supported in MacOS! lol

2 Likes

Haha, Seriously though this should be a thread on its own. “Games to play with shitty/no internet”

3 Likes

Well there’s your new topic post for this week!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if GOG still does that connect/sync thing but you used to be able to get certain games, DRM free, on GOG that you owned on Steam, i.e. a free DRM free copy of the games you own which you can then download and then play with absolutely no internet required.

1 Like

YES! Grats Wyvs, SO SO happy for you!

3 Likes